Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm on the latest ARK release and I can't get Vice City Stories to work anymore. It used to run right before I updated ARK, although I haven't in a long time so I can't say which version broke it.
The system turns off after the PSP logo. I tried another random game and it seems to work, at the very least it goes past the logo.
Here's my PLUGINS.TXT file content:
Code:
always, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/Brightness-Control/brightness.prx, on
always, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/LEDControl/LEDControl.prx, on

game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/PSPEText/pspetext.prx, on
psx, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/PSPEText/pspetext.prx, on
game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/TempAR/tempar.prx, on
psx, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/TempAR/tempar_lite.prx, on
game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/in-Game_DayViewer/dayviewer_game.prx, on
psx, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/in-Game_DayViewer/dayviewer_game.prx, on

game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/noumd.prx, on
xmb, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/noumd.prx, on

game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/prxshot/prxshot.prx, on
game, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/pspstates/states_menu_pict_mod.prx, on

psx, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/popsloader/cdda_enabler.prx, on
psx, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/popsloader/popsloader.prx, on

xmb, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/DayViewer/dayviewer.prx, on
xmb, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/Game-Categories-Lite/category_lite.prx, on
xmb, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/XMB-item-Hider/xmbih.prx, on
xmb, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/macrofire.prx, off

ULUS10160, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/cheatdevice_remastered_lite.prx, on
ULUS10160, ms0:/SEPLUGINS/Brightness-Control/brightness.prx, off

And SETTINGS.TXT:
Code:
vsh, powersave, on
ULUS10160, overclock, on

The only thing I tried for now was to disable overclock in SETTINGS.TXT. I'm gonna try disabling CheatDevice next.

-- Edit: Looks like it worked. Can you look into it? Given it used to work before updating, is it something you can fix?

Thank you for all the info. So on the latest stable I replicated cheat device and oc setting or gta vc and both load successfully. Are you using a compressed format? I have only tested with iso currently.

Oh also forgot to mention you don't need the noumd plugin anymore if you don't want it. Its apart of the CFW settings now as well.

Last edited by krazynez,
Reactions: SkullHex2

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all the info. So on the latest stable I replicated cheat device and oc setting or gta vc and both load successfully. Are you using a compressed format? I have only tested with iso currently.

Oh also forgot to mention you don't need the noumd plugin anymore if you don't want it. Its apart of the CFW settings now as well.
Thank you, I'll let you know as soon as possible (not earlier than a week unfortunately, I haven't got my PSP with me rn)

-- Edit
No, it is a normal .iso of size 1.58GB

Last edited by SkullHex2,

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After making a clean ARK-4 install in my PS Vita via the FasterARK method and running VitaShell (installed by VitaDeploy's App downloader), I have the C2-12828-1 error. After clicking "OK", the PS Vita freezes with a black screen. If I access Safe Mode to restart it or rebuild its database, the PS Vita has spinning white dots until they freeze. I have no other choice but to restore it from Safe Menu and to reinstall all my games and homebrew. I also have this issue on the PS TV.

I just jailbroke the PS Vita with the HENlo exploit, downgraded to 3.60, chose the "HEN only" taiHEN configuration and checked the "Install enso" setting in VitaDeploy, installed VitaShell using the latter and installed AutoPlugin II and its NoPspEmuDrm plugin before installing FasterARK and ARK-4 and running VitaShell. I've done multiple PS Vita restores using the Safe Mode and I always have this problem after following these steps.

Last edited by Databoi2023,

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after making a clean ARK-4 install, running ARK-4 and then VitaShell, I have the C2-12828-1 error. It also says "Saved Core File Failed. ux:data/psp2core-1707352508-0x0000172971-eboot.bin.psp2dmp.tmp" and after clicking "OK", the PS Vita freezes with a black screen and the green LED turned on and I have no other choice but to format it using the Recovery Menu and to reinstall all my games and homebrew. I also have this issue on the PS TV. I jailbroke the PS Vita with the HENlo exploit, downgraded to 3.60 OFW, chosed the "HEN only" taiHEN configuration and checked the "Install enso" setting in VitaDeploy and only installed the NoPspEmuDrm plugin before installing FasterARK and ARK-4.
You need both user and kernel NoPSPEmuDrm plugins but that error comes from a plugin error, so your either missing one of the two or you have another plugin that is enabled that shouldn't be.

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need both user and kernel NoPSPEmuDrm plugins but that error comes from a plugin error, so your either missing one of the two or you have another plugin that is enabled that shouldn't be.

But AutoPlugin II downloads both NoPspEmuDrm plugins and sets them. Like I said, I almost have no plugins. Here's my PS Vita's plugin configuration before installing FasterARK:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_kern.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*ALL
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_user.suprx

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But AutoPlugin II downloads both NoPspEmuDrm plugins and sets them. Like I said, I almost have no plugins. Here's my PS Vita's plugin configuration before installing FasterARK:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_kern.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*ALL
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_user.suprx
Hmmm very strange. Don't have a ux0:tai/config.txt do you?

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and I already had this issue with 4.20.68 Rev 2. Also, will there be an option to not install ARK-X?
Possibly yeah wouldn't be hard to add but would have to see if Acid wants it or not. ARK-X is pretty cool was messing around with it. I helped a bit with visuals but Acid did all the functionality.

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly yeah wouldn't be hard to add but would have to see if Acid wants it or not. ARK-X is pretty cool was messing around with it. I helped a bit with visuals but Acid did all the functionality.

Also, when ARK-4 wasn't freezing my PS Vita/PS TV, after installing it via the FasterARK method and running it, ARK-4 sometimes froze right away in the "ChovySign" part, and when running PSP ISOs, it sometimes had a black screen for some seconds until it crashed with the C1-2858-3 kernel error. I only had this issue if the "Memory Stick Speedup" setting was set to "Always".

PS Vita's/PS TV's ARK-4's updater often doesn't find new ARK-4 updates even when they were released and after enabling ARK-4's "Force update" setting. I have to close ARK-4 and run its updater until it finds them.

If setting PSP's ARK-4's "Force Extra Memory" setting to "Always", the PSP often freezes when exiting the european Spider-Man: Web of Shadows – Amazing Allies ISO using the PS button and sometimes the PSP turns off.

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, when ARK-4 wasn't freezing my PS Vita/PS TV, after installing it via the FasterARK method and running it, ARK-4 sometimes froze right away in the "ChovySign" part, and when running PSP ISOs, it sometimes had a black screen for some seconds until it crashed with the C1-2858-3 kernel error. I only had this issue if the "Memory Stick Speedup" setting was set to "Always". PS Vita's/PS TV's ARK-4's updater often doesn't find new ARK-4 updates even when they were released and after enabling ARK-4's "Force update" setting. I have to close ARK-4 and run its updater until it finds them.

If setting PSP's ARK-4's Force Extra Memory to "Always", the PSP often freezes when exiting games using the PS button and sometimes the PSP turns off.
Freezing on ChovySign happens randomly notice the vita has some memory issues not even just ARK running other apps it eventually bogs down. Also don't enable force extra ram its only there for pro online all homebrew that require it use it. Network issues could be a lot of factors. DNS, IP blocked, packet loss, the list goes on and on.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freezing on ChovySign happens randomly notice the vita has some memory issues not even just ARK running other apps it eventually bogs down. Also don't enable force extra ram its only there for pro online all homebrew that require it use it. Network issues could be a lot of factors. DNS, IP blocked, packet loss, the list goes on and on.

I only have that issue with PS Vita's ARK-4 and only with the "Memory Stick Speedup" setting set to "Always". In my opinion, it shouldn't be set as that by default.

But PSP's ARK-4's "Force extra memory" setting is set to "Always" by default. Again, in my opinion, it shouldn't be set as that by default.

What about ARK-4's updater sometimes installing the same version even though there's a new one?

And what might be causing this serious issue?

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have that issue with PS Vita's ARK-4 and only with the Memory Stick Speedup" setting set to "Always". In my opinion, it shouldn't be set as that by default.

But PSP's ARK-4's Force Extra Memory is set to "Always" by default. Again, in my opinion, it shouldn't be set as that by default.

What about ARK-4's updater sometimes installing the same version even though there's a new one?

And what might be causing this serious issue?
Vita yes it is enabled by default for memory stick speedup. As for the PSP Force Extra ram is not enabled by default. No idea about same version installing when there is a new version have never seen that. As for the freeze issue only time I have seen that is recently when I applied the ps1 plugin to ALL but that doesn't happen via FasterARK. It properly appends

Reactions: Databoi2023

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita yes it is enabled by default for memory stick speedup. As for the PSP Force Extra ram is not enabled by default. No idea about same version installing when there is a new version have never seen that. As for the freeze issue only time I have seen that is recently when I applied the ps1 plugin to ALL but that doesn't happen via FasterARK. It properly appends

You're right. What I meant was that PS Vita's ARK-4's "Force Extra Memory" setting was set to "Always" by default. Anyway, should I disable it in this console or only keep it disabled on the PSP?

Will PS Vita's ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" setting remain set to "Always" in future versions when it causes the said issues?

Also, about the serious issue, what more should I do, wait until it's fixed by a new ARK-4 release?

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I'll let you know as soon as possible (not earlier than a week unfortunately, I haven't got my PSP with me rn)

-- Edit
No, it is a normal .iso of size 1.58GB
Boot holding start button see if it loads.
Post automatically merged:

You're right. What I meant was that PS Vita's ARK Force Extra Memory was set to "Always" by default. Anyway, should I disable it in this console or only keep it disabled on the PSP?

Will PS Vita's ARK's "Memory Stick Speedup" setting remain set to "Always" in future versions when it causes the said issues?

Also, about the serious issue, what more should I do, wait until it's fixed by a new ARK-4 release?
settings are static if you change them then upgrade it stays to what you set it to. Unless you delete SETTINGS.TXT then defaults are back. As for your issue I have no clue what is going on with your vita I installed FasterARK a lot the other day because I was updating it and Acid also was. He is on 3.60 and I am on 3.65 we never saw that issue happen.

Last edited by krazynez,

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot holding start button see if it loads.
Post automatically merged:

settings are static if you change them then upgrade it stays to what you set it to. Unless you delete SETTINGS.TXT then defaults are back. As for your issue I have no clue what is going on with your vita I installed FasterARK a lot the other day because I was updating it and Acid also was. He is on 3.60 and I am on 3.65 we never saw that issue happen.

Can I have any issue by setting PS Vita's ARK-4's "Force Extra Memory" to "Always"?

Regarding the major problem, should I create an issue in GitHub?

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I have any issue by setting PS Vita's ARK-4's "Force Extra Memory" to "Always"?

Regarding the major problem, should I create an issue in GitHub?
yes don't enable that unless your using pro online (also barley any CFW setting should ever be set to always goes for plugins also). As for GH you can but we can't replicate it so its not going to get resolved any quicker most likley.

Databoi2023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes don't enable that unless your using pro online (also barley any CFW setting should ever be set to always goes for plugins also). As for GH you can but we can't replicate it so its not going to get resolved any quicker most likley.

If I can get PS Vita's ARK-4 to work, I'll disable its "Memory Stick Speedup" setting to not have the said issues again.

So, PSP's ARK-4's "Overclock" and "Memory Stick Speedup" settings aren't set to "Always" by default and shouldn't be manually set as that?

I'm sure you're missing something. Did you use the same PS Vita exploit and VitaShell version I did and followed my steps? It's very simple to create to replicate this problem.

krazynez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can get PS Vita's ARK-4 to work, I'll disable its "Memory Stick Speedup" setting to not have the said issues again.

So, PSP's ARK-4's "Overclock", "Memory Stick Speedup" and "Inferno Cache" settings aren't set to "Always" by default and shouldn't be manually set as that?

I'm sure you're missing something. Did you use the same PS Vita exploit and VitaShell version I did and followed my steps? It's very simple to create to replicate this problem.
Vita yeah just disable it if its more stable for you.

PSP side we have seen no issues with those settings enabled, there has been one game that Inferno Cache caused issues but that is also disabled for that game in the settings by default.

Sounds like your blending old FastARK way and FasterARK way. For FasterARK all you need is NoPspEmuDrm via AutoPlugin2 and FasterARK.vpk nothing else is needed. You don't even need the fork of Vitashell anymore.

https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/wiki/FasterARK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto