Hardware New 2DS XL Motherboard Pictures

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly, did the hardmod quite time ago, today tried to fix a problem with the volume slider and by accident pulled the wire connected to CMD, so now I'm stuck with blue screen.
Ooo. Not good. Can we get a close picture of your area* around CMD? If the traces are lifted or disconnected, depending if it's a clean break, you might be able to recover from this with silver ink pen (continuity) and UV light glue pen (sheath).

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Farashto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ooo. Not good. Can we get a close picture of your area* around CMD? If the traces are lifted or disconnected, depending if it's a clean break, you might be able to recover from this with silver ink pen (continuity) and UV light glue pen (sheath).

Sure man, I think is super fckd

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also found this image, was thinking if doing a bridge from the CMD i blew to the CMD in the second image would do the job

Attachments

• IMG_20190129_005154.jpg
    IMG_20190129_005154.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 225
  • qvz1nrA.jpg
    qvz1nrA.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 236
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also found this image, was thinking if doing a bridge from the CMD i blew to the CMD in the second image would do the job

Hey, that's nice. You took a picture with a microscope. This is perhaps the first anyone done that in the 3DS side of GBAtemp..

I'm reposting your image to excise the fluff.

n2DSXL CMD ripped.png

Your center trace is ripped straight off bridging the two sides. I would say this is considered a clean break.
I think your n2DSXL is fixable, but don't bother soldering as it's neigh impossible to fix traces that way.

You'll need these two:

s-l225.jpg

bondic-700.jpg

Be extremely careful and diligent with the conductive silver ink as you only want to limit filling just the gap (both circles and line). If a smudge or spill occurs, clean with 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol and q-tip (dabbing motion, no swipping). Cap the silver with the UV glue once it's filled.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Farashto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not microscope just cheap augment, but thanks a lot for the help bro, I love u, hope this fix my N2DS XL.

So I quit the idea to solder together the two CMD points?

@TurdPooCharger

Attachments

• 15487982908312453300667740245847.jpg
    15487982908312453300667740245847.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 217
Last edited by Farashto,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not microscope just cheap augment, but thanks a lot for the help bro, I love u, hope this fix my N2DS XL.

So I quit the idea to solder together the two CMD points?
YES, don't solder! Doing so will expose the copper layer to undue heat, damaging it further (wrinkling, bubbling). Solder doesn't adhere to the substrate that the printed copper lays on.

Thanks for sharing that magnifying tool. Seen it before from those jewelry workers. I'mma get me one of those. :)

Reactions: Farashto

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The picture isn't very clear but it looks like there is a via there. It's actually possible to fix that by running a jumper wire across. BUT it's not recommended. Chances are you will fuck it up even more. Try with the silver ink first.

Farashto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, that's nice. You took a picture with a microscope. This is perhaps the first anyone done that in the 3DS side of GBAtemp..

I'm reposting your image to excise the fluff.

View attachment 156591

Your center trace is ripped straight off bridging the two sides. I would say this is considered a clean break.
I think your n2DSXL is fixable, but don't bother soldering as it's neigh impossible to fix traces that way.

Be extremely careful and diligent with the conductive silver ink as you only want to limit filling just the gap (both circles and line). If a smudge or spill occurs, clean with 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol and q-tip (dabbing motion, no swipping). Cap the silver with the UV glue once it's filled.

Brooooo, can't find the darn Conductive silver ink where I live
YES, don't solder! Doing so will expose the copper layer to undue heat, damaging it further (wrinkling, bubbling). Solder doesn't adhere to the substrate that the printed copper lays on.

Thanks for sharing that magnifying tool. Seen it before from those jewelry workers. I'mma get me one of those. :)

Man, where I can find that conductive syringe? I'm from México.

By the way, not only the center trace is ripped off, also the two pads are gone.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brooooo, can't find the darn Conductive silver ink where I live

Man, where I can find that conductive syringe? I'm from México.

By the way, not only the center trace is ripped off, also the two pads are gone.
Yah, I saw that the pads are gone. That was the bare, exposed copper that bridged points A and B. To get silver conductive ink, you'll have to order it online at eBay, aliexpress, or Amazon. It's not found outside of specialized electronic stores, which are rare these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?