NetEase acquires French developer Quantic Dream

quantic dream netease.JPG

French video game developer and publisher Quantic Dream is joining NetEase Games, the gaming branch of NetEase, following its acquisition by the latter. NetEase was in fact a minority shareholder in the studio behind Detroit: Become Human since 2019 and has today announced that it is now a 100% shareholder of Quantic Dream.

Following this acquisition, the France-based gaming studio highlighted that it will retain its independence in terms of its editorial line, the artistic direction of its projects and the management of the studio.

Quantic Dream joins the ranks of No More Heroes developer Grasshopper Manufacture Inc. under the NetEase Games umbrella which is growing to have an interesting lineup of developers.

:arrow: SOURCE

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah don't care too much, even the Star Wars Eclipse teaser was like .... whatever. Can't really understand why they would go with NetEase but who cares

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Played every single Quantic game, big fan. The one thing the studio needs, and always needed, is someone to crack the whip over their heads. Nomad Soul 2 when? The company sits on a treasure trove of great IP’s ripe for sequels and we get squat.

Reactions: HellGhast and Jonna

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, quite a mix of reviews here. Some are like "Wow, that's great!", some say "Aw, man! That's awful!" and then there are those who shrug and say "Whatever."

As for me? I don't know enough about these companies to have a good critical opinion; AFAIK they haven't made enough games to be very well known. Detroit and No More Heroes are about all I know that NetEase has acquired, and I don't know any by the company itself.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Detroit: Become Human was pretty good. It felt like they had a direction there that was better than their past efforts. But then again, they were angling for a more general market with their Star Wars, so who knows...

Reactions: HellGhast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips