Homebrew NES WADS

Ghengis_Ken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have HACKMii on bootv2, Softmodded 2.1.1 & Preloader.28 on a 3.2U Wii. I just found a bunch of NES wads instead of ROM's. I'm wondering what can I do with them so that I don't have to install tham all to channels so I don't eat up my Wii's memory? Or did I just waste my time getting them because I need the dol and an emulator so they can be forwarded (Which I have been reading about but don't really understand yet)? Thanks for any help. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ghengis_Ken said:
Hi, I have HACKMii on bootv2, Softmodded 2.1.1 & Preloader.28 on a 3.2U Wii. I just found a bunch of NES wads instead of ROM's. I'm wondering what can I do with them so that I don't have to install tham all to channels so I don't eat up my Wii's memory? Or did I just waste my time getting them because I need the dol and an emulator so they can be forwarded (Which I have been reading about but don't really understand yet)? Thanks for any help. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Yeah you probably just want to get the roms and run the from an emulator.

The forwarder channel is basically a channel that just loads the application from the SD card. The purpose of this is that you can setup the channel and when you update your application (on the sd card) you don't need to update your channel. Makes things a bit smoother.

JQE

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ghengis_Ken said:
Thanks for the replies. So is there any way to extract the dol out of the wad file if there is even one in a wad?

There may be a way to extract the files from the wad, but the file is NOT a dol. It is a VC or WIIWare game. It wouldn't run from either the emulator or from HomeBrew.. sorry.

I think your best bet would be to re-download them for the emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0