NES WADS

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Ghengis_Ken, Jun 12, 2009.

Jun 12, 2009

NES WADS by Ghengis_Ken at 3:16 PM (3,522 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Ghengis_Ken
    OP

Newcomer Ghengis_Ken Newbie

United States
    Hi, I have HACKMii on bootv2, Softmodded 2.1.1 & Preloader.28 on a 3.2U Wii. I just found a bunch of NES wads instead of ROM's. I'm wondering what can I do with them so that I don't have to install tham all to channels so I don't eat up my Wii's memory? Or did I just waste my time getting them because I need the dol and an emulator so they can be forwarded (Which I have been reading about but don't really understand yet)? Thanks for any help. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

2. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    It is useless to install nes, snes and genesis vc games since all roms run just fine in emulators.

3. JQE

Newcomer JQE Advanced Member

Canada

Yeah you probably just want to get the roms and run the from an emulator.

The forwarder channel is basically a channel that just loads the application from the SD card. The purpose of this is that you can setup the channel and when you update your application (on the sd card) you don't need to update your channel. Makes things a bit smoother.

4. Ghengis_Ken
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies. So is there any way to extract the dol out of the wad file if there is even one in a wad?

5. JQE

Newcomer JQE Advanced Member

Canada
    There may be a way to extract the files from the wad, but the file is NOT a dol. It is a VC or WIIWare game. It wouldn't run from either the emulator or from HomeBrew.. sorry.

I think your best bet would be to re-download them for the emulator.

6. Ghengis_Ken
    OP

United States
    Thanks. I have been reading about your fowarder/loader, I think I'll try that with the emulators.