Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

AdrianDueñas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about the GC Ocarina, I'm trying to use a .GCT file for Zelda Wind Waker and it's not working.. i've tried other games and tried to use .GCT's but it's not working.. i have d2x 249 installed, i have the folders set correct on my sd card, i have the correct region .gct for it which is GZLE01.. i got the settings set at Vl & = 1st hook, GC Ocarina: Yes.. am i missing something?..

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question about the GC Ocarina, I'm trying to use a .GCT file for Zelda Wind Waker and it's not working.. i've tried other games and tried to use .GCT's but it's not working.. i have d2x 249 installed, i have the folders set correct on my sd card, i have the correct region .gct for it which is GZLE01.. i got the settings set at Vl & = 1st hook, GC Ocarina: Yes.. am i missing something?..
The NGC AR codes need to be converted before using them with Ocarina. There should be a tutorial available, which should be useful to you.

Edit: The tutorial can be found here.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm really sorry if this was addressed in this thread but 107 pages is a lot to read through and I've looked a ton of other places for help.

I am trying to load a multi-ISO gamecube disc (with Fire Emblem, Mario Party 7, and Sonic Adventure 2) when i put the disc in Neogamma reads that those games are there and I have tested to see that they at least work using Dolphin on my PC, but when I try to start any of the games up on NeoGamma my screen goes green for a second and then my Wii restarts. At the bottom of my screen is says I am using NeoGamma R9 beta 44, cIOS56rev20 slot 249. What should I do?
and

Do you have a cMIOS installed? Does NeoGamma switch to the integrated GC loader?

AdrianDueñas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry if this was addressed in this thread but 107 pages is a lot to read through and I've looked a ton of other places for help.

I am trying to load a multi-ISO gamecube disc (with Fire Emblem, Mario Party 7, and Sonic Adventure 2) when i put the disc in Neogamma reads that those games are there and I have tested to see that they at least work using Dolphin on my PC, but when I try to start any of the games up on NeoGamma my screen goes green for a second and then my Wii restarts. At the bottom of my screen is says I am using NeoGamma R9 beta 44, cIOS56rev20 slot 249. What should I do?
and

Do you have a cMIOS installed? Does NeoGamma switch to the integrated GC loader?

d2x56v7final (249) appears at the bottom of the NeoGamma screen.. if that's what your asking for.. and as far as the GC loader, do you mean if it loads? Yeah it loads the game perfectly.. just not the codes..

Also, i have a syscheck from my wii if needed..

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for WiiPower:

What exactly is audio streaming and why is it such a challenge for disc backup loaders and modchips?
Mabye more specifically, why can't this data be read if it is present in backup discs and the drive has the capability to read it?
Also, why don't Wii games use this audio format, while GCN games do?

Thanks!

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Streaming audio is audio (typically background music) that plays directly from the disk instead of being synthesized/played back from game data by the GC itself.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Question for WiiPower:

What exactly is audio streaming and why is it such a challenge for disc backup loaders and modchips?
Mabye more specifically, why can't this data be read if it is present in backup discs and the drive has the capability to read it?
Also, why don't Wii games use this audio format, while GCN games do?

Thanks!

When playing discs via softmod, the drive thinks you are reading data for a video dvd, everything else than disc-in-drive checks and the dvd video data read is disabled in this mode.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When playing discs via softmod, the drive thinks you are reading data for a video dvd, everything else than disc-in-drive checks and the dvd video data read is disabled in this mode.
Sorry, I did not quite understand. What is lacking with softmod that enables the normal MIOS to read audio data from GCN discs? Or is the problem in the drive's internal firmware, when reading recordable media?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I get 002 error or "disk could not be read' with Wii Fit Plus....before i didn't have this problem... but I specifialy remember I had to change the iOS to fix the ominious "baby's Cry" freezing in Metroid Other M....

is there a way I can get both to work?

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Maybe it´s possible to create a firmware, like on XBOX 360?
Is it possible to Flash teh drive through Softmod homebrew?

I don´t know anything about firmware, jsut that it´s some kind of configurating hardware instructor for the drive.
But thought that that may help manipulating it?

1: maybe it can make newer drive read backups.
2: enable audio streaming, just telling.

Don´t want to bring audio streaming up here aswell, just saw it was on topic for now.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
*grinn*

It's kinda hilarious. Here I am reading up on what audio streaming is about...and then zerowalker's reply. It's like a very deep philosophical debate suddenly interrupted by someone throwing a pie. :rofl:

Anyhow...

@wiipower (and discussion) I take it there's no easy or even semi-easy to patch iso's of streaming audio games so their audio content becomes "regular" music?

@[member='zerowalker']: sorry, dude. I don't mean to make fun out of you, but you made it damn easy on me. You're welcome to join the discussion, but you should do your homework a bit. First off, on a wii the firmware doesn't matter. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say that it is separated into different parts (a whole bunch of different IOS'es and channels, of which the system channel is one). The whole deal on the streaming audio is only part of the gamecube part. And that is being dealt with by one single part called the MIOS. It's unnecessary to modify "a firmware" when it's just that one part that needs tinkering. And yes, it's possible to being developped. In fact, it's happening in the stickies in the modmii section (look for Dios Mios Lite, or DML).

Second: it will not make newer drive read backup discs (backups in general, yes...there are modified IOS'es (cIOS) out there for years can read wii backups from USB drives) as that is a physical thing. Newer wiis can read backup drives just as easily as floppy discs, which is to say: not at all. Not any kind of hacking will help that.

As for the second part...do you realise these are mostly the authors of the homebrew or cIOS discussing things? If they knew how to do it, they'd be busy making it already.

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sorry, but thought you could "cheat" the drive to think it´s a "real" disc instead of going to dvb mode.

And yes i did know about MIOS being the Gamecube part, and Dios Mios Lite.
But i thought audio streaming was pretty much "doomed" as it´s seems extremely complicated to emulate/create another way that will work like the Drive Direct Stream, but ofc nothing is impossible(if it´s technically possible).
And yeah i do not no much, that´s why i asked about the Audio Streaming in DML thread, and got some good answers:)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wever i think you missed his point. i believe he was asking if its possible to mod the wii dvd drive firmware, like c4eva does to the xbox dvd drive firmware. it is still kind of crazy to suggest, but if its possible that would be awesome.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in short, to play buackup discs the softmod sets the drive to a state that disables audio streaming.
I had missed your first answer, davebaol. I had topic following disabled by default.
At any rate, my first reaction was the same as zerowalker's, whether hacking the firmware would help.

Why do Wii games don't have this problem, they don't use streaming audio?
Why can't the audio be accessed from SD using DML or Swiss?

It would be really cool if someone cracked this one, someday.

AdrianDueñas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

and

d2x56v7final (249) appears at the bottom of the NeoGamma screen.. if that's what your asking for.. and as far as the GC loader, do you mean if it loads? Yeah it loads the game perfectly.. just not the codes..

Also, i have a syscheck from my wii if needed..

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean Phantasy Star Online?

I say it looks bad right now, here's the important part of the log i got for the game:

The only thing the game reads is that "switcher.prs", and i fear that is some kind of executable which loads the real executable. Anyways, all dvd patch patterns fail for this file, so either that's some encrypted executable or i'm really completely clueless about what's going on.

And no i don't have the game, so i can't say if the retail disc works or not. Which might be helpful information here.

PS: emu_kidid claimed it's working in his personal SD-Boot beta. If SD-Boot is ever released, and if it's open source, then maybe i could fix it.
Hi WiiPower, did emu_kidd ever release his SD-Boot beta? Wanted to test if PSO would work with it? and on to a completely different topic - what would be the equivalent of "FSTFIX.exe game.iso f s t" for DiscEX? Is there a way to uncompress an ISO I created with fstfix or DiscEX?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to see if DiscEX can pretty much replace fstfix for my cube converting to DML. Been using cleanrip like a mofo lately lol. Just got my hands on a copy of PSO I & II Plus from a friend of mine in mint condition and he's not going to let me hold it long enough to hold my breath lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed