Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's a bad burn or your booktype is not set. If it wasn't a wii disc that you burned, NeoGamma could identify that.

FIX94 said:
Do you have a drive which is old enough? Remove the disc and try to load from disc, if you get a message about a too new drive then you can't load backups with it. It also could be a DVD brand problem.

It would show up after any read error, so it would have come up after the others.

Dragonfire01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, dumb mistake. In IMGburn I had the media type selected as DVD-RW. I thought that would apply to my DVD drive. But now I know, and my games are playing fine. Thanks for NeoGamma, WiiPower!
... And sorry for bothering you
wink.gif

PAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragonfire01 said:
I installed NeoGamma beta 50, but I can't load any Gamecube discs. I burned it on a DVD+R with booktype DVD-ROM using imgburn.
I installed the cIOS249 [56] - d2x-v6 From Modmii, is there anything else I need?
What I did:
-Install IOS 236 from a homebrew channel app
-Install cIOS249 from Yet another wad manager
-Install Neogamma from Yet another wad manager
-Boot up NeoGamma
-Inserted my disc
-Pressed A

This is the text that showed up:

"Launching Game

DVD Err(03023a00), Disc ID"

A few seconds later I got this:

"Launching Game

DVD+R/bad burn/DL problem?

NeoGamma R9 b50, d2x56v6 (249)"

Does ANYONE know a solution... Please?

Did you install something called cMIOSV10?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Read the disc id is way before the cMIOS is involved. You would get past that even if you did uninstall any MIOS or cMIOS you have.

Dragonfire01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Did you install something called cMIOSV10?

Yeah, forgot to mention that. I did. And I fixed it already, i posted that too.

EDIT:
By the way, does anyone know how to change your country? Because I live in The Netherlands, but my account shows im from the USA :S

ShadowSonic2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
Not sure if it helps but I've made two handy things for Neogamma.

i) A Neogamma Forwarder Channel
This forwarder loads Neogamma from the following locations;
Code:
SD:/apps/neogamma/boot.dol
SD:/apps/neogamma/boot.elf
SD:/neogamma/boot.dol
SD:/neogamma/boot.elf

Download HERE

And another handy too:
Neogamma Auto Updater!
This is a PC tool. Download it and unzip the contents inside to the root of your SD Card. Run it and you can download the latest version of Neogamma straight to your SD Card. A nice tool to go with the forwarder!
Download HERE

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get Eternal Darkness working with this. Its the only GC game I'm having trouble with. It's PAL version and I have a USA Wii. I used it as a multi-ISO, non-shrunk with the compatible Multi-ISO Creator. When I boot it up, the screen goes black. What do I do to make it work with NeoGamma?

Dragonfire01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
I'm trying to get Eternal Darkness working with this. Its the only GC game I'm having trouble with. It's PAL version and I have a USA Wii. I used it as a multi-ISO, non-shrunk with the compatible Multi-ISO Creator. When I boot it up, the screen goes black. What do I do to make it work with NeoGamma?

Try experimenting with settings -> GC -> Video type. Try setting it to PAL(auto), it should work.

Dragonfire01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
Ok, and how do you use FSTFix to patch both Baten Kaitos disc ISOs? When I open FSTFix is just pops for a second and goes away

Yeah, I had to figure it out a bit too. But what you do is first you create a shrunken MultiIso, then you make sure it doesn't delete the created shrunken iso's, and then you drag those shrunken iso's onto FSTFix.exe, one by one. FSTFix will then popup and show a progression window. Hope this helped!

EDIT:
Sorry for my English sucking
tongue.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FSTFix is a command line tool, google how to use those.

Dragonfire01 said:
Link5084 said:
Ok, and how do you use FSTFix to patch both Baten Kaitos disc ISOs? When I open FSTFix is just pops for a second and goes away

Yeah, I had to figure it out a bit too. But what you do is first you create a shrunken MultiIso, then you make sure it doesn't delete the created shrunken iso's, and then you drag those shrunken iso's onto FSTFix.exe, one by one. FSTFix will then popup and show a progression window. Hope this helped!

EDIT:
tongue.gif

And where do you enter the parameter to get the 3 GB .iso?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
FSTFix is a command line tool, google how to use those.

Dragonfire01 said:
Link5084 said:

EDIT:
tongue.gif

And where do you enter the parameter to get the 3 GB .iso?

Tried Google but it's not helping. Can you provide step by step instructions on how to do this?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You burned in a wrong way or something. This error means that NeoGamma can read the disc without error, but it doesn't have a correct disc id. Which tool did you use to create the disc? Maybe it doesn't put the GC magic word into the disc id...

AnonymousJohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You burned in a wrong way or something. This error means that NeoGamma can read the disc without error, but it doesn't have a correct disc id. Which tool did you use to create the disc? Maybe it doesn't put the GC magic word into the disc id...
I used a program called MultiGameISOCreator to make the ISO. I burned the disk with the window that pops up when I put in a blank disk. Should I use something else? I have three more disks to use. Unless I can overwrite the one I used.
EDIT: If there's something I can manually do to fix this "magic word" thing, please do tell.

AnonymousJohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You can try WiiGator's GC backup launcher, if that works, NeoGamma could be "fixed" to accept your disc as well.
That was the first launcher I tried. Look at my topics, it's the only one listed. It didn't work either. I just wanna play my backups. None are even stolen :/ Would you mind telling me about this "fix?" How do I do it?
EDIT: Um, I think the way I burned it may have something to do with it. One tutorial I read said go as low as possible, so I burned at 3x. The first post of this thread says 4x or higher, and the disc says 16x. I'll try burning at 8x since that's my highest option with Windows and get back to you when I see what happens. Dammit, one more disc down the drain.
EDIT: Did nothing. WHAT DO I DO? I'm down to one last disc.

nasty2857068

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Tried running windwaker ntsc backup on my black wii (i replaced drive so it reads wii backups )
using d2x56v6(249) the game gets stuck at launching game and always tells me the couldn't load audio streaming set can any one tell me what is wrong
P.s. also if some one can give me a working link too wii gators gc launcher i would appreciate it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢🤮
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good thing I have a vagina
    +1
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"
    I always knew you were a Kunt @K3Nv2 :tpi::rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: