Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

sstomouth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for an excellent loader WiiPower. I can confirm that Pikmin 2 works but just like with gc backup launcher 0.2, it will freeze during the credits making it impossible to play the 2nd half of the game. If you get to it, I'd like to know what causes this freeze. Getting this fixed is my only request as this is the only version of Pikmin 2 that has any hope of completely working on an American console. This was tested on beta 46 and 47.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yelever said:
Hi. Wanted to say a big thanks to wiipower for all work gone into neogamma.

I have installed everything correctly (hopefully) and can run almost everything but have one problem with Crazy Taxi NTSC. The game runs fine but for some reason it has no music. I checked the compatabilty list and it says it runs perfectly but has no bgm music with 01.xi. When I run neogamma it says at the bottom Neogamma R9 r47 ios249 rev19 so not sure if I have the correct cios installed. My system menu is 4.2u and is softmodded. I used NUS to get mios v4 and ran cmios wiigator through the homebrew channel to install that. Have I miss something?

This is an issue i can't fix.

QUOTE(sstomouth @ Oct 16 2010, 02:06 AM) Thanks for an excellent loader WiiPower. I can confirm that Pikmin 2 works but just like with gc backup launcher 0.2, it will freeze during the credits making it impossible to play the 2nd half of the game. If you get to it, I'd like to know what causes this freeze. Getting this fixed is my only request as this is the only version of Pikmin 2 that has any hope of completely working on an American console. This was tested on beta 46 and 47.

If you had an usb gecko and you could provide me with debug output, i could do something.

If not, you can try the various stuff NeoGamma offers to change the compatiblity. Try high plugin + audio stream fix yes+32K + patched MIOS. And then the same with reloader .elf fix and then with reloader forced.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there plans for NeoGamma to have the ability to use an optional cIOS to boot games, it seems there are a few games that require cIOSx rev20 with a base of 57 installed, to get the microphone recognized? Or can NeoGamma be patched for that?

hooby3d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower, you are awesome.

One game that I just confirmed not working that was in the wiki: Smuggler's Run.
It freezes like 20 seconds into the game. Also, it doesn't report suspecting missing audio, but I noticed that there was no music (not sure if this is one of those games or not).

Thank you!

E: Rather than the error necessarily coming up after 20 seconds, I think the freeze is triggered by some event in the game, in this case hitting a checkpoint. Maybe its trying to play some audio clip or load other data? Its in the first mission of the campaign.
EE: Okay, looks like its actually just going into a certain part of a map freezes it. And by freeze I mean the screen stops but the audio keep looping. I was able to drive around for a few minutes in the free roam mode just fine, but when I drove into the same zone as in the campaign the same thing happened.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
hehe, i added that SmugglersRun info to the wiki @ a year ago or so, for NeoGamma 0.1xi.
for me, it always freezes within a minute of playing when using a burnt disc (im glad i have the original disc to play...its a fun game). i tried lots of variations w/xi and 02 versions, all w/the same result.
the game still locks up for me on beta9r47. tho, i havent tried all the variations Wiipower suggested to get a game running yet;
QUOTE said:
the game is listed as not working in the compatiblity list, but maybe one of neogamma's settings gets the game to work, try the following(leaving everything else on auto):
high plugin
patched mios
patched mios + high plugin
audio fix yes
reloader .elf fix
reloader forced

from doing some testing, ive found that previous non-working backups of XIII, CellDamage, Ikaruga, Red Faction 2(

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SickPuppy said:
Is there plans for NeoGamma to have the ability to use an optional cIOS to boot games, it seems there are a few games that require cIOSx rev20 with a base of 57 installed, to get the microphone recognized? Or can NeoGamma be patched for that?

Do these games regulary use IOS57? If yes, i will consider adding an option to load IOS248 for games that request IOS57. So there's nothing to configure in that case.

hooby3d said:
WiiPower, you are awesome.

One game that I just confirmed not working that was in the wiki: Smuggler's Run.
It freezes like 20 seconds into the game. Also, it doesn't report suspecting missing audio, but I noticed that there was no music (not sure if this is one of those games or not).

Thank you!

E: Rather than the error necessarily coming up after 20 seconds, I think the freeze is triggered by some event in the game, in this case hitting a checkpoint. Maybe its trying to play some audio clip or load other data? Its in the first mission of the campaign.
EE: Okay, looks like its actually just going into a certain part of a map freezes it. And by freeze I mean the screen stops but the audio keep looping. I was able to drive around for a few minutes in the free roam mode just fine, but when I drove into the same zone as in the campaign the same thing happened.

If it's an audio streaming issue, then the game MUST NOT be shrunken. If it is, it just can't work .

You can try high plugin + patched MIOS and/or audio stream fix to yes.

Also, if you have an usb gecko, i'm interested in the debug output for the game.

QUOTE(VatoLoco @ Oct 17 2010, 01:30 PM)
[...]from doing some testing, ive found that previous non-working backups of XIII, CellDamage, Ikaruga, Red Faction 2(

hooby3d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks - the game is not shrunken.
I tried those suggestions but no luck.

high plugin : no
patched mios : crash/never boots(am I doing something wrong?)
patched mios + high plugin : ""
audio fix yes : no
"yes+32 : crash
"no+32 : didnt try
reloader .elf fix : no
reloader forced : no

I don't have a usb gecko - is there any other way to get debug output. Write to a file on the SD card?
Also, I am using ios249(rev17).

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
SickPuppy said:

Do these games regulary use IOS57? If yes, i will consider adding an option to load IOS248 for games that request IOS57. So there's nothing to configure in that case.

I don't have any of these games, but just by reading around, I see that def jam rapstar and grease both need 249 with a base of 57 installed to recognize the microphone. I wouldn't doubt it if more games (currently, or in the future) need 249 installed like that, and it's troublesome to have to repeatedly install IOS249 just to get the needed base IOS.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hooby3d said:

I don't have a usb gecko - is there any other way to get debug output. Write to a file on the SD card?

patched MIOS doesn't boot at all? That's interesting, this could mean that the MIOS is trying to patch the game.

Now, what exactly do you get with patched MIOS + high plugin? This should work if patched MIOS alone doesn't work.

SickPuppy said:
WiiPower said:
QUOTE(SickPuppy @ Oct 17 2010, 06:51 AM) Is there plans for NeoGamma to have the ability to use an optional cIOS to boot games, it seems there are a few games that require cIOSx rev20 with a base of 57 installed, to get the microphone recognized? Or can NeoGamma be patched for that?

I don't have any of these games, but just by reading around, I see that def jam rapstar and grease both need 249 with a base of 57 installed to recognize the microphone. I wouldn't doubt it if more games (currently, or in the future) need 249 installed like that, and it's troublesome to have to repeatedly install IOS249 just to get the needed base IOS.

I need to know what IOS these games request.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
SickPuppy said:
WiiPower said:
SickPuppy said:

I need to know what IOS these games request.

Grease must use IOS57, I burned a backup disc and it boots with any of the cIOSx rev20 bases, but the mic is only recognized with base 57, that's what we are after right, microphone compatibility. Oh, and the mic is compatible with cfg usb loader and hermes base of 57 only, 37 breaks mic compatibility. *when using hermes to load the game*

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
e2razor said:
Do decrypted games work on the lastest neogamma?

They should, but some cIOS are not compatible with decrypted discs. You more or less need to use base IOS38 for these discs.

Wiibox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
WiiPower said:
e2razor said:
Do decrypted games work on the lastest neogamma?

They should, but some cIOS are not compatible with decrypted discs. You more or less need to use base IOS38 for these discs.
Ok. I have tried all cIOSes from rev 14 to 20b and no luck. I remember that i was running decrypted games with rev14 for sure. So maeby i have to reburn those games without patching them or should i try older neogamma? I'm using now the lastetst one.
unsure.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What error do you get? If you use the wrong cIOS, i expect "Error: DVD identify failed.". If you get something else, you have another problem.

hooby3d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
hooby3d said:

patched MIOS doesn't boot at all? That's interesting, this could mean that the MIOS is trying to patch the game.

Now, what exactly do you get with patched MIOS + high plugin? This should work if patched MIOS alone doesn't work.

On just patched MIOS:
Normal booting text screen, then green screen, then: "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off. Please read the Wii operations manual for more information."

Patched MIOS + high plugin just goes immediately to a black screen with two vertical double purple lines on the left. I then have to hold the power button to shutdown the Wii.

E: I have my Wii on 480p - would this matter?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat