Neo Geo Mini

shinrukus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool. care to share how that was achieved?

So the vendor.img is mounted on /dev/actc, I dismounted that, and mounted /vendor on /dev/sda1

Root access was achieved by using the script the NGM uses to load the menu in the first place, wiping the password thats currently on it, and being able to run whatever command I want via UART.

I don't have my device hooked up to UART atm, i'll do it tomorrow to demo the functionality.

Last edited by shinrukus, , Reason: wasn't done....

Chindogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see the flood of progress being made! Now is there a way to add more than 40 games to the NGM without the need for a USB?

shinrukus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll gladly be your guinea pig if this can help to solve the joystick bug.
Mine is actualy hacked with your latest system.img (USB redirection).
European International Neo Geo Mini.
Thanks.

I'm building a dumper image now. Get a Flash drive, preferrably exFAT formatted thats 4gb or higher. USB 3.0 takes a little less than 30 minutes, while USB 2.0 drives take around 2-3 hours. I dumped mine using a USB3.0 Portable SSD, and it took around 20 minutes, while my USB 3.0 Flash drive takes 28

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
I'm building a dumper image now. Get a Flash drive, preferrably exFAT formatted thats 4gb or higher. USB 3.0 takes a little less than 30 minutes, while USB 2.0 drives take around 2-3 hours. I dumped mine using a USB3.0 Portable SSD, and it took around 20 minutes, while my USB 3.0 Flash drive takes 28

But I guess I'm screwed for the backup since I already flashed the 80 games modded nand over the original one.

BTW, the joystick bug can't be related to the emulator since it happens with fba and other emulators too.

Last edited by hackotedelaplaqu,

shinrukus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But If guess I'm screwed for the backup since I already flashed the 80 games modded nand over the original one.
yep lol I'm hoping now that because the system.img doesnt have the controller drivers for your system, the misc.img does, I can replace whats in the misc.img with whatevers in the international system. When mine gets here Friday, i'm gonna dump the international system's misc and vendor partitions so I can finally get to the bottom of the controller driver issue, and hopefully its just a matter of whether or not I can just replace drivers. But in my house now I have 6. 4 Ints, 1 Japanese, and 1 Christmas edition, none of them have the bug, and all have been flashed. Now that I think about it, I should just get a new Christmas Edition and dump that info...

Reactions: hackotedelaplaqu

shinrukus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mFYvwUW6HSYd8vWpWsHefoEHB_eJaonF/view?usp=sharing

This system.img is for dumping your NGM.
upload_2019-6-19_14-30-57.png

Make sure your settings look like this before flashing, after picking the firmware file. Obviously the location of the image is where you put it, but erasing the Flash, and formatting the data and cache will kinda defeat the point. Make sure when you do this you have a flash drive formatted as fat32 or exfat and then you'll have your backup.

If you have NEVER flashed your system before, after you dump your rootfs.tar file (which will be in the neohack\dump folder on your flash drive) let me know, and i'll work with you to get your vendor and misc partitions flashable for your machine. I'm sharing this in the hopes that you guys with international and Christmas Editions who have never flashed your machines will have clean data so I can replace the joystick drivers and hopefully fix the joystick issue.

madturbo123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a fresh jap if you require a dump of the sys.img. only problem is I don't have a USB c to USB type b with me atm. I'll be home in about a fortnight though, if you still need it then.

shinrukus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a fresh jap if you require a dump of the sys.img. only problem is I don't have a USB c to USB type b with me atm. I'll be home in about a fortnight though, if you still need it then.

when you flash the image it'll replace your system.img, but it will give me a fresh misc and vendor, but the misc is the important one. When you dump, I can pull it from the rootfs.tar

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Which tool do you use to rebuild system.img ?
Both tool unpack Repack and MTK_Extractor fail on me to produe an ext4 150Mo partition.
Thanks.

BTW hat I'm trying to do is to swap aotg_init_3g.ko and aotg_init1_3g.ko modules in system.img.

shinrukus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which tool do you use to rebuild system.img ?
Both tool unpack Repack and MTK_Extractor fail on me to produe an ext4 150Mo partition.
Thanks.

BTW hat I'm trying to do is to swap aotg_init_3g.ko and aotg_init1_3g.ko modules in system.img.

I dont use a tool, I just mount it in Linux... But are you trying to change the port for OTG? Cause you can already mount /dev/sda1 anywhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays