Neo Geo Mini

Swilson190

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, I haven't had time to do a proper guide so I'll have to just give you a quick overview of how to edit the main screen games.

Use something like WinImage to open the vendor.img file. The files you are interested in are:
Code:
\res\local\English\games.ini - Edit the entry for the game you want to swap and point it to the new game
\res\roms\ - Add the new game rom zip file here
\res\image\games\ - Folder for each game containing the icons

There is also a cache folder, but I would suggest trying a small game first that doesn't need a cache, like Puzzle Bobble or League Bowling. I'll add the extra information about cache when I can.

For now, don't even mess with icons. Just add the rom, example lbowling.zip to the roms folder. Then edit games.ini and change one of the entries

Example
Code:
[GAME]
[ID]=0
[TYPE]=3
[NAME]=AGGRESSORS OF DARK KOMBAT
[DIR]=aodk
Change it to
Code:
[GAME]
[ID]=0
[TYPE]=5
[NAME]=LEAGUE BOWLING
[DIR]=lbowling
Then save and flash. If it works then you can make it nice with proper icons etc. If it doesn't then you might not be using the proper FBA romset.

Note: If you're like me then the first thing you want to do when you open the vendor.img is delete the "hack" folder. I have zero interest in emulating other systems on my Neo Geo.
I need help with this, I keep [utting metal slug 4 on the neogeo mini international and hte icons show up but the game is just a black screen.

Cart00nHead

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am trying to get this latest version but its saying I need to sign up to Telegram or something, I anit cool in doing that. Does anyone have an alturnative way to grab these files please.

Same I'm looking for a usb solution can anyone help us?

SieKensou

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I bought a NeoGeo Mini international edition recently and I would like to keep the original firmware (same stuff, same banners, artwork, etc..) but just adding the "official" games that are present in the other editions of the NeoGeo Mini (japan, christmas limited edition, etc...). Is it possible? Is it done in a "clean" way with no weird stuff or creators logos at the begining? I would like that it would look like it originally is with no emulators and something like that. I don't know if this is possible because there is not much information about this. I don't mind if the emulator stuff is added if it only runs if you connect a pendrive, but if you use the machine with nothing I would like to have all the original stuff, as I said, just adding the other games of other editions. Thanks in advance.

PERUN

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
NEW!!!
NEO GEO Mini HACK!

I found it on the internet. In my opinion, the best hack for the NEO GEO Mini International version. English and Polish version.

ENG
easypaste.org/file/S1vEscal/NEO.GEO.Mini.International.HACK.ENG.26.09.2023.zip?lang=pl
PL
easypaste.org/file/1Vu2BK5L/NEO.GEO.Mini.International.HACK.PL.26.09.2023.zip?lang=pl
Post automatically merged:

Hi! I bought a NeoGeo Mini international edition recently and I would like to keep the original firmware (same stuff, same banners, artwork, etc..) but just adding the "official" games that are present in the other editions of the NeoGeo Mini (japan, christmas limited edition, etc...). Is it possible? Is it done in a "clean" way with no weird stuff or creators logos at the begining? I would like that it would look like it originally is with no emulators and something like that. I don't know if this is possible because there is not much information about this. I don't mind if the emulator stuff is added if it only runs if you connect a pendrive, but if you use the machine with nothing I would like to have all the original stuff, as I said, just adding the other games of other editions. Thanks in advance.
THERE:
NEO GEO Mini HACK!

I found it on the internet. In my opinion, the best hack for the NEO GEO Mini International version. English and Polish version.

ENG
easypaste.org/file/S1vEscal/NEO.GEO.Mini.International.HACK.ENG.26.09.2023.zip?lang=pl
PL
easypaste.org/file/1Vu2BK5L/NEO.GEO.Mini.International.HACK.PL.26.09.2023.zip?lang=pl

The only thing that has been changed are the game covers, which are so cool and original. You have 4 editions, in one of them there is only one game missed but it is included cover etc. like preview (it obviously didn't fit). You can select BIOS before launching the game. Only the name in SETTINGS - Language is changed to LIST. This is where you change edits. You can't choose the language (it's only English all the time).

Last edited by PERUN,

legolas119

Trophies
XP
Country
NEW!!!
NEO GEO Mini HACK!

ENG
PL

THERE:
NEO GEO Mini HACK!

ENG
PL

The only thing that has been changed are the game covers, which are so cool and original. You have 4 editions, in one of them there is only one game missed but it is included cover etc. like preview (it obviously didn't fit). You can select BIOS before launching the game. Only the name in SETTINGS - Language is changed to LIST. This is where you change edits. You can't choose the language (it's only English all the time).
hi, thanks. Is there a new guide to hack the mini? And where i can found additional informations/screenshots about this new hack? Is it available for the Neo Geo Mini Jap version too? thanks

acem77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed the latest hack and it's pretty cool able to select the wanted bios, big list of games.
What I want to do is change the BIOS settings.
Right now at defaults to a standard Asian BIOS You can select the uni BIOS below that unfortunately the first The first two are missing 3.2 and 3.1. after looking inside the Neo Geo.zip file you can tell those are missing I figured it would be simple as renaming some files to get UniBIOS 4 working either by replacing the Asian default firmware so if you let it time out it will just go to unibios, But there seems to be a checksum so it fails now I figured I would rename the 4.0 BIOS to 3.0 in the Neogeo zip file. But none of these are working I do not understand how the heck this list is generated to select the bios and how it calls the BIOS.. only know I broke it when trying to swap out the unibios with the Asian BIOS I just got no boot black screen same thing as if the BIOS was not seeing or possibly missing a checksum.

larsulrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW!!!
NEO GEO Mini HACK!

ENG
PL

THERE:
NEO GEO Mini HACK!

ENG
PL

I used this one and it's awesome but I find all the categories of different collections annoying. Can I just make the English games.ini show all of the games or is there some kind of 80 game list limit? I've noticed when I switch categories, sometimes the new games list shows, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it's like a hybrid of the correct game name with the wrong box image. Also sometimes the English 80 games list only shows 39. Really odd behavior.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto