• Views 301,021
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for clarifying. I have a regular Wii and yes, I have uneek channel in both realnand and emu nands.
I'm using the ones from this thread
Return to Real NAND (nSwitch) is installed in the real nand
Return to Real NAND (Wiiflow) is installed in the emu nand

I installed these versions because I am a Wiiflow user, and I don't want to use other loaders.

Edit: ok I have now my nand on the SD root and the bootmiineek folder renamed to bootmii. Now if the SD card is inserted, the Wii boots straight to emunand like you said :)
I was hoping to be able to boot in real nand (emunand boot is so slow) and use the emunand just for those few games that require it. Using wiiflow with my previous hard disk I was able to do it, but with this new hard disk it doesn't work. So I was hoping to use the SD card just for booting those games from wiiflow (wiiflow lite to be precise, which has support for sneek)

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Working from a fuzzy memory, but doesn't nswitch rename bootmiineek to bootmii then launch bootmii IOS? Then the channel on emunand renames it back? This allows u to boot into neek without having to manually rename folders or have it always enabled.

Also IIRC the latest version of the hackmii installer installs bootmii as IOS immediately, before the scam screen warning even flashes on the screen. So even if u didn't explicitly install bootmii as IOS, chances are you have it installed (unless u went out of your way to uninstall /overwrite /stub it)

Last edited by XFlak,

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im having alot of trouble with uneek2o +DI. I can get it to boot but only directly from bootmii (boot2). Once its booted, None of the channels work (Selecting Start Causes Wii to fade to black and sit there (ive tried waiting up to 20 minutes)). Im not able to switch to neek Nand (emunand) From any of the apps provided by modmii either. If I try to change to the emunand from Real Nand, It Hangs at either "Patching ES ..... Done!" or "Reloading BootMii" Depending on what version of Uneek Launcher I use.

I have no Idea what to do from here. Ive noticed some other strange things as well. Like using the neek 1/2 Menu's Causes a crash upon saving settings, Or Selecting an ISO/APP to load (about 1-2 seconds afterwords).

If I power Off the wii (Hold power for 5 seconds) after Attempting to launch a channel and freezing at a black screen, When I power back on it will immediately run the channel I selected for about 3 seconds before Crashing to another black screen.

This is after Reinstalling roughly 4 times, and twice where I tried to use ABZ Mastermod Wiiflow's Pack. I just Did a full reinstall of all the softmod IOS's. My Main goal is to get CTGP-r Running off Neek As My disc is unreadable (even after taking it to get it repaired its totaled).

Anyone With Anythoughts or suggestions, I tried asking in the neek2o irc but seems they just afk in there.

It Kind of seems like its not able to write to the hdd for more then a few seconds (As I also have to keep deleting the Sneek Cache)

Could this be caused by an incompatible hard drive? Or is it bad Ios's

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 05.26.2006
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: xxxxxxxx
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Canada (18)
Boot2 v4
Found 147 titles.
Found 50 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stubs.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS232 (rev 7): Trucha Bug
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 05/15/2018.

Im going to try d2x-v10beta53-alt and see if it fixes hard drive issues (since i seem to be having some other hard drive Write issues)

Last edited by jasonmbrown,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Working from a fuzzy memory, but doesn't nswitch rename bootmiineek to bootmii then launch bootmii IOS? Then the channel on emunand renames it back? This allows u to boot into neek without having to manually rename folders or have it always enabled.

Also IIRC the latest version of the hackmii installer installs bootmii as IOS immediately, before the scam screen warning even flashes on the screen. So even if u didn't explicitly install bootmii as IOS, chances are you have it installed (unless u went out of your way to uninstall /overwrite /stub it)
I tried with armboot.bin in the bootmiineek folder, and nand in the sd root, but it doesn't work

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEEK doesn't use a cIOS so changing them won't help. If it's booting then not working properly afterwards it's possible it might be how your drive is partitioned/formatted.

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you were talking to me GreyWolf, The drive is 1 Partition Fat32 Primary, 32kb Clusters. (I had it at 8kb clusters originally but Everything took Much longer to load and didnt work as often). And I assumed the IOS d2x v10-beta53-alt might work better incase the drive was having connection/spinup issues. Since the Base Wii needs to read from the USB Drive, to get the nand files? Or At least thats what I assumed it was doing. Im going to rollback to d2x v10-beta52 since it seems to run better in general (beta53 Causes my gamecube backups to encounter lots of audio issues)

Im going to rerun a hackmii install and see If im missing any of the current base stuff, Since Last time I did a proper ReHack was about 4 years ago. I might have a super outdated BootMii as well, IIRC the version was like 1.2 or something like that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the nswitch sources I have are not doing it, on real NAND it only loads kernel.bin from specified device in mini memory location and launches IOS254, or call SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RESTART, 0, 0); if on neek.

That would be useful if it did what you described :)
maybe there's a version of nswitch working like that? your generated folder's name must be based on something logical and used by another homebrew.
the source I have is the updated one to work with vWii, I'd thought this vWii mod was based on latest and most complete version of nswitch, but maybe not.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were talking to me GreyWolf, The drive is 1 Partition Fat32 Logical Primary, 32kb Clusters. (I had it at 8kb clusters originally but Everything took Much longer to load and didnt work as often). And I assumed the IOS d2x v10-beta53-alt might work better incase the drive was having connection/spinup issues. Since the Base Wii needs to read from the USB Drive, to get the nand files? Or At least thats what I assumed it was doing. Im going to rollback to d2x v10-beta52 since it seems to run better in general (beta53 Causes my gamecube backups to encounter lots of audio issues)

Im going to rerun a hackmii install and see If im missing any of the current base stuff, Since Last time I did a proper ReHack was about 4 years ago. I might have a super outdated BootMii as well, IIRC the version was like 1.2 or something like that.

As I said, changing your IOSes will not do anything. NEEK does not use them.

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As I said, changing your IOSes will not do anything. NEEK does not use them.

Do you have any suggestions to try then? At this point il try almost anything short of Another format.

Edit: Added a Better Image showing all the Drive Info
DiskGenius Drive Partition/Drive Statistics
C8vmMX4.png

7zs2Fsd.png

mUwLZjs.png

e6GOc7l.png

PS: The Purpose of Changing the d2x IOS was mostly unrelated, however Neek does use BootMii's IOS? hence updating that couldnt hurt anything. Also My drive wasnt set as an active so I changed that.

Edit2: I think my drive is going into some sort of low power mode, Since When I unplug and replug it, It unfreezes/Loads ISO's and does what its supposed to.... For the most part. I cant Load any of the channels that are installed, and Neek2o Launchers dont work (Have to use Boot2 To launch it).

The Only thing I can do with it, is boot Isos. Which is a start. It just takes Literally Forever to launch them (took almost 15 minutes to load up Fire Emblem, But it plays totally fine once its loaded)

However updating the bootmii ios seems to have improved the load times (It was taking 1-5 minutes Every Launch, Now it takes about 5 seconds after the first launch so long as its not in the Pre-Crash Channel Load State)

Drive im using is a Laptop drive stuck inside a cheap enclosure, USB 3.0 Interface.

If I try to Load a channel, then Power off the wii and Let it attempt to get back into the emunand (boot2, leave sd card in), It freezes till I power it off a second time. Then it loads the emunand fine. I GOT No Idea what the hell im doing wrong.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Drive im using is a Laptop drive stuck inside a cheap enclosure, USB 3.0 Interface.
That's probably your issue. Get an even cheaper USB 2.0 enclosure and compatibility will probably improve. Even better, get one of those Y cables that draw power from 2 USB ports - I need to use that kind of cable on my WiiU, but a standard single wire works just fine with the same hard drive on my wii.

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's probably your issue. Get an even cheaper USB 2.0 enclosure and compatibility will probably improve. Even better, get one of those Y cables that draw power from 2 USB ports - I need to use that kind of cable on my WiiU, but a standard single wire works just fine with the same hard drive on my wii.

Aside from buying more crap, got any other suggestions?..I just crash when I try to load channels. Is there a Folder Structure list or image that I can use to verify that I have everything in the right places.

Also I dont think I can get an enclosure cheaper (I got this one for 3$ + 4$ shipping lol). On a side note, Whenever I try to run any of the Neek2o forwarders. It always says switching to "RealNand" even if it was launched from the realnand...

Could someone with a working neek2o pm me a copy of their sysCheck. (Yes I know it shouldn't matter, I might also try compiling the neek nand switchers with newer devkitpro.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your problem is launching it ?
did you try USBLoaderGX ?

that loader only needs the /sneek/kernel.bin in the same partition than the emuNAND folder.
there's no need of any other files (no armboot or bootmii required).

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I didnt try USBLoaderGX (That Will be the next thing I try). Wiiflow Launched a game using emunand after I did a full dump of my nand to usb (instead of using one of the premade ones). Im also trying revision 95 instead of 96. Just wondering if Anyone else is using rev96 uneek2o + DI.
PS: The game Im using to test is super paper mario, Which Seems to be crashing randomly (first it was at the first area transition (which happened a few times), then it became the 3rd Area's Elevator)

I will Try usbloaderGX (Just trying to get it to boot into emunand)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you confusing emuNAND and NEEK? Super Paper Mario should work fine with d2x cIOS's emuNAND. There are only a very small amount of WW/VC titles that don't work with it and need to be run from NEEK or real NAND.

Bejeweled 2
Bonsai Barber
Flowerworks
All Konami Rebirth titles
Liight
Zelda: Majora's Mask

(there may be a few more I'm forgetting)

IIRC neek2o r96's DI emulation doesn't work right if you're using SNEEK, only UNEEK.

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I tested USBLoaderGX and it just hangs on initializing HDD (waited almost 20 minutes). And on r95 of neek the bootmii neek launcher Doesnt work (Just sits there flashing the drive lights)

I thought emuNand was Neek? Or is neek just a way of booting the emunand as if it were the main nand (Which is what Im trying to do)

Does Anyone Know of a cheap compatible External HDD Enclosure, Because im thinking that its the issue. Im going to reinstall d2x beta 53 (as i think my drive keeps going into a sleep mode and causing lockups)

Entire thing feels like a mess (compared to when I used WBFS partition + neogamma... Never had any issues with wii games)

PS: My neek ES Log
ES:ISFS_Get_Di_Path = /sneek
ES:Checking magic in memory 0x10101000
ES:Booting 00000001-00000002...

Finally my end goal is to be able to Launch CTGP-R Using a backup copy. (Neek + di Launching wii games seems to work 100%. I just run into issues booting neek from anything other then boot2/bootmii, And then once inside neek I can't Launch any channels either through system menu, or using DI)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, NEEK is basically a replacement kernel that redirects all NAND access to SD or USB. It runs as if it was the normal system menu. The emulated NAND in cIOSes works similarly but it only works with that IOS while it's loaded. NEEK can use any IOS without having to patch it since the base kernel is already patched.

Beta 53 will not fix anything. No IOSes/cIOSes installed on your NAND are used in NEEK mode and beta 53 has WW/VC compatibility issues.

If the drive is spinning down you need to disable the power saving features for it with the tools that came with it (if there are any.)

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Drive doesnt have any Tools that came with it, The Enclosure is from ORICO, (www.orico.com.cn) Its a drive I pulled from my laptop when I upgraded the hdd. Hitachi. The best I can find specific to my drive is this stuff https://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm Which I would need to boot of a usb drive as they wont function over the USB Enclosure that im using, Which is pretty garbage... Its device name is TO Extern al 3.0.

If the settings are stored on the drive itself and not the interface then I will boot into the tool and disable any power saving features.

Edit: Will Be Gone for about 15-30 minutes while I swap out my hdd's and edit the settings

Well that tool just locksup/crashes... Ended up trying HDDScan (Although the settings dont save... It would appear the drives APM Is locked in at 1, and disabling it just causes it to revert to 1)

Im pretty sure its the spin up and spin down though, As When I use boot2 to launch neek it works long enough to get to the system channel, then crashes when I try to do anything. USB Loader GX Crashes/Hangs on Initializing USB.

Does Anyone know if changing to d2x v10 beta -53 alt Helps at all (It allows for hot swapping, So Id think I could unplug and replug the drive and get it to spin back up)

Ive tried to turn off the APM A bunch of times, it only stays until it replugged in.
FcZnypa.png

jasonmbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That tool doesnt function very well... and I dont believe let me set it at all. However As It seems to let me set the settings once its powered up. I just need to find exactly whats being sent from my pc to the drive, and write a bit of code to do the same....

Alternatively since that sounds like alot more work then I want to put into this, Could anyone suggest a Good 500gb+ HDD for the Wii thats supported by uneek and is Western Digital (I dont trust other manufactures lol, I got a WD from 2006 that still runs fine (250gb)).

Although there is a linux tool called hdparm (https://fossies.org/linux/misc/hdparm-9.56.tar.gz/) Which could probably be ported to the wii easily enough

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if your drive is using advanced format (sector size bigger than 512bytes) then Neek, and even neek2o, will not work.

if your HDD is not detected in USBGX, you need to set the IOS to 58 in the settings.
settings > loader's settings > loader's IOS : 58

IOS v10 r53 doesn't help, on the contrary, it's worse !
but it's NOT USED by neek mode. It's only used by emuNAND cIOS mode. (and r53 is NOT working with emuNAND, only use r52).

then set the loader's path correctly to point "emuNAND Channel" to the right folder where you dumped your NAND (settings>user's path>emuNAND channel folder)

Then, be sure you generated the proper neek files (Uneek for USB, or Sneek for SD) and placed in corresponding device (first compatible partition if multiple) /sneek/ folder

go to USBLoaderGX > features > launch neek

you should read this guide to learn what neek is or isn't, and what emuNAND is/isn't, and learn how to setup everything :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/6592730

guide might be outdated, just update modmii or tools or loaders provided in the guide! don't use an old version just because it's the one linked in the guide.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-