• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everyone, I have one question.
Is it possible to start sneek (SD) or uneek (USB) via a boot.dol from the homebrew channel?
I tried nswitch but it is only loading uneek, but not sneek.
In some cases I need sneek, because the HDD is for unknown reason not detected.

Edit:
Is there USB 3.0 support? After some research this is the main reason why I need to use sneek. I read that some betas (?) support USB 3.0 devices.

Edit 2:
Updated my nswitch dol version to 2.2.
This one is working without issue with sneek (neek2o)
So the old version of nswitch does not support SD cards.

Last edited by papermanzero,

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I found out that modmii versions of (any)NEEK rev96 cause a bug, when real Wii console freezes while trying to access wii saves menu in NEEK mode.

I just found out that uNEEK2o r96 beta 8.6 doesn't have such a bug. Unfortunately, my entire homebrew setup is based on SD card, so I would prefer to use sNEEk2o.

Apparently, it was fixed in r96 beta 4.0 (r97 c1)
FS-USB:
- Fixed data management

Does anyone have any beta version of sNEEK2o rev96 (+DI or without)?

Last edited by ArgonUK,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the new beta after r96 were never released officially.
the only existing files are leaks or already-build binaries and contains an IOS (so it's illegal to share it here).

I'm not even sure if SD is still supported after r96.

Did you try to put the kernel.bin on SD, along with the emuNAND folder? just to see if SD is working
You have that version, or only found the changelog?

ArgonUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the new beta after r96 were never released officially.
the only existing files are leaks or already-build binaries and contains an IOS (so it's illegal to share it here).

I'm not even sure if SD is still supported after r96.

Did you try to put the kernel.bin on SD, along with the emuNAND folder? just to see if SD is working
You have that version, or only found the changelog?

Thanks. I swapped the files as suggested, but neek2o didn't boot.

Happy NEW YEAR 2017!

cooldasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I know that there is an illegal to share beta version of neek2o that is compatible with the vWii. I've looked all over for a version that I can compile by myself that doesn't have the Nintendo code in it. Does anyone know where I can find source files? Or could someone PM me source files?

Also, is there a good summary of what is and isn't working correctly with neek2o Rev 96 beta for vWii?

Thanks for the help!

ChinBo37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed Cyan's guides I found on the forum to set up Neek2o on my Wii loaded from USB Loader GX and I seem to have it working. The only problem is that I press and hold 1 but no secret menu ever pops up :(

I just want to play Castlevania Rebirth but when I try to play it it says "This Channel cannot be used" and then I have to do a hard reset. I think it is becuase it is a NTSC Wad and I have a Pal Wii. I need the secret menu to change the region but I cant get it to pop up? Any ideas?

BTW - I did the Cyan instructions without ModMii becuase I tried ModMii from several computers but it always said I was not connected to the internet and to check my firewall. I couldnt figure it out and I googled it but there wasnt any fixes for that. So I did the manual way.

EDIT - If I change the game settings from teh USB Loader menu to force NTSC then it workes in Neek mode. But I am still concerned that holding the 1 button in Neek mode doesnt do anyting for me? Whats up with that?

FIXED-I'LL LEAVE MY QUESTION UP FOR ANYONE IN THE FUTURE BUT MY FONT FILE WAS NAMED INCORRECTLY. I DINWLOADED THE FONT FILE RECOMMENDED FOR 480P AND YOU NEED TO RENAME IT "FONT".

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Last edited by ChinBo37,

wangsouffle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finally gotten uneek+di to load an emunand, but I don't see any of my installed WADs as channels. I can see/load the same channels from USB Loader GX in emunand mode. I also see them when I hit 1/2 (I forget which one). Any suggestions?

DamnStorm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I load up wii games for the first time on wiiflow, I cant save them because the game says "the file cannot be used because the data is corrupted." Does anyone know how to fix this. I put the savepath line in the wiiflow.ini and it still happens.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i bought a new Hardisk (Maxtor M3 1 Tb) to replace my old one that is about to die.
I copied my nands and sneek folder in the first partition (FAT32, not sure about cluster size because this is a 4k drive)
If I boot an emunand game without neek2o (I'm using wiiflow) everything is fine, but if I boot some game that needs neek2o mode (like Majora's Mask) it hangs on a black screen. Everything was working fine with my old drive. Is there a way to make neek2o work with 4k drives?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
neek2o r96 has a fix for 4k drives, but lot of reports said it doesn't work.
I think it can be fixed (from the sources) but only Overjoy is working on neek and there's no sources for latest versions (yet).
so, I think you can't fix your problem.

edit:
I checked all r96 beta1.0 to beta9.6 changelogs, I didn't see anything about 4096/sector.
I didn't check changelog before r96.

edit:
it was added in r84, but maybe it's not working correctly.
rev84
DI: - Added multiple sector size support

Also, be sure your drive is not hidden (with Ustealth), and it using MBR not GPT.

Last edited by Cyan,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks Cyan. Is there a way to make it work with an SD card? I tried copying nands and sneek folders on SD but I keep on getting black screen. Tried it also launching uneek cahnnel from system menu with usb disconnected, not working either

edit: reformatted the drive with Easeus Partition manager. 1st partition active, MBR, Fat32, 32k clusters. Same problem. Not sure about Ustealth but I didn't see it between the options when I formatted

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use a different version for SD and USB. Make sure you also delete the sneekcache folder in the NAND one if you move everything, too.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks Graywolf. Can you tell me which version should I need and how to install it? Should I remove the Uneek Channel first?.
And will it work under Wiiflow?
Sorry but I'm a total noob with Neek2o

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Should I remove the Uneek Channel first?.
The channel can stay.
the channel is only a program used to launch bootmii (as IOS, so for anyone reading this : you need bootmii@IOS installed, not stub).

The bootmii IOS is, in turn, launching the "sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin" file, so this is the one you need to generate with modmii and needs to be different whether your NAND path is on SD or USB.
channel > bootmii@IOS > sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin > SD or USB /sneek/Kernel.bin

If you change your NAND folder from SD/USB, you need to regenerate kernel.bin and armboot.bin files.
Follow Modmii to re-generate the "copy_to_sd" and "copy_to_usb" folders.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The channel can stay.
the channel is only a program used to launch bootmii (as IOS, so for anyone reading this : you need bootmii@IOS installed, not stub).

The bootmii IOS is, in turn, launching the "sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin" file, so this is the one you need to generate with modmii and needs to be different whether your NAND path is on SD or USB.
channel > bootmii@IOS > sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin > SD or USB /sneek/Kernel.bin

If you change your NAND folder from SD/USB, you need to regenerate kernel.bin and armboot.bin files.
Follow Modmii to re-generate the "copy_to_sd" and "copy_to_usb" folders.
Wait.. I have bootmii as boot2, but with my old hard disk I can use that channel to go to emunand. How is it possible? Maybe uneek is not requiring bootmii as IOS?
However, I tried modii to generate kernel and armboot files for the sd card (sneek). The program generated 2 folders (bootmiineek and sneek) containing those files and I copyed them to SD. Unfortunately the problem remains. Black screen.
I have my nand in SD:/nands/pl_eu/ is it correct?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you probably also have bootmii installed as IOS.
or if you don't, then maybe the channel (which is not a "Uneek channel" but a "Nswitch homebrew") tries to loads boot2 ? or just reset the console?
But if you have boot2 installed, your console would always boot into neek at launch, so I don't think you properly setup your console.

If you properly setup your console, you would have that :
Power > Boot 0 > Boot 1 > Boot 2 (redirect on SD) > SD:/bootmii/armboot.bin > Sd:/sneek/kernel.bin
You'd never see your real System menu, as the console would automatically launch neek's system menu, and never your real NAND's system menu.

Maybe it works, and you don't notice you are on neek ?
maybe the "UNeek" channel is also installed on your emuNAND? it's used to reboot the console. But if you reboot the console, it will always re-run boot2, which always relaunch neek.

note that the "bootmiineek" is not the correct folder name, you need to put the armboot.bin in the bootmii folder.
I don't think nswitch is actually loading the armboot.bin from bootmiineek folder, but just loads bootmii IOS.
Maybe I'm wrong? I'll have to check the sources again.

The NAND path is good, if you genereted/enabled neek2o, not neek.
if you disable neek2o, then neek only works with the NAND content directly on the SD root (no subfolder).

edit:
There are different version of Nswitch,
the one I checked (nswitch mod April 27th 2013) is working like that :
1. checks if console is on real NAND or emuNAND (neek)
2. if on neek, reboots. (used to exit neek)
if on realNAND prompt user to choose SD or USB, then loads sneek/kernel.bin in a specific memory location, then boots IOS254 (bootmii).
It never launches boot2 (IOS1) or execute kernel automatically.

Old version of nswitch didn't prompt where the kernel.bin was located and always automatically launched bootmii (which loaded the kernel.bin from SD).

Nswitch for vWii is working differently, and automatically execute the kernel.bin without the need of any bootmii help (it actually replaces one of the ES function and executes it).
If you only want to launch neek, you can use USBLoaderGX neek launcher feature. (settings>features>launch neek)
the launcher in USBLoaderGX is using the vWii method for both Wii and vWii, so you don't need to edit your bootmii@boot2 and can keep using realNAND by default.
just be sure you set the "emuNAND Channel" path correctly in the loader's settings before using the launcher option.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-