XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@OverjoY, it's great to bump into you on the forums all these years later. You might even say I'm OverjoYed... pun intended... so clearly I've caught a bad case of the dad jokes since we last spoke (or two or three, lol). Hope you're doing well buddy. You still tinkering with wii related projects? or got some other interesting things going on?

Reactions: portugeek

DestinySky

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I use the DI menu to load wbfs to the disc channel.
But I noticed that if the wbfs game is not the same region as my neek2o emunand, it won't load in the disc channel. How do I load out of region games? Or how do I make the disc channel region free?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need to go to the neek hidden menu to enable region free.
first, you need font.bin in your sneek folder to see overlay text. (Overjoy posted it at the top of the page, or few post earlier)
then, when in neek system menu, press 2 on the wiimote to open the menu (it may be a little stubborn if you just launched neek, try few times), press +/- to navigate the page and find Region free option.
you might have to reboot neek before launching your game (I'm not sure, maybe not?)

Last edited by Cyan,

DestinySky

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
you need to go to the neek hidden menu to enable region free.
first, you need font.bin in your sneek folder to see overlay text.
then, when in neek system menu, press 2 on the wiimote to open the menu (it may be a little stubborn if you just launched neek, try few times), press +/- to navigate the page and find Region free option.
you might have to reboot neek before launching your game (I'm not sure, maybe not?)
Thanks a lot. Didn't knew this option exist.
I gotta press B button for like 3 times before it appear.

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hi, so it's been two years since I've played my modded wii and remember I isntalled neek2o to my wii so I could launch it via usb loadergx and have a lot of wiiware vc channels, since the wii menu can't have more tha 48 iirc. So, does anybody know why my emunand games are not working anymore? now whenever i wanna play an emunand game, it just sits on a black screen and have to turn it off. The only workaround I've done is just remove SD card and emunand vc games play well through usb loader gx. What file should i remove from the sd card, in order to make it work properly again? Or what should I do?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have neek2o on the wii u. I think the files are close, but they're engineered for their respect systems. you need the kernel, font, and the di (only for disc access). I think that's all you need. if you have neek on the usb, watch the activity light. the more content you have, the longer it takes. so, that's a good indicator something is happening. only use neek for games that need it like castlevania rebirth. games that don't need, which is most games, should use regular emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, not sure about other backup utilities, but usb loader gx allows you to choose a different nand for a game that needs neek2o, so I suggest you make a regular emunand, then for games that need neek2o, create another nand, then revert the nand location back to the first nand. then, in each game's settings (the ones that need neek2o), change the emunand path to the neek2o nand. that's how I have mine setup. it's a little tricky, because the nand that you're using (the default one, not the neek2o one) will read the games off that emunand, so you need to install the game twice: once on the regular emunand, so that it will appear in the games' list; then, a second time when installing the game to neek2o. it sounds confusing, but it'll make sense once you do it.

Reactions: lordelan

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It´s on the USB there's a nand path there, but idk what conflict does it make to have the SD card inserted, so that it only goes to a black screen. Idk what's wrong?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may be a conflict. make sure there's not a sneek folder on the sd card, only usb. I've had my neek nand get corrupted due to a bad hdd, so you may have to rebuild it. I think I was also getting a black screen. if you use usb loader gx, there's an option to boot the neek2o nand directly. it will take you to the home menu where you can press 1 and 2 iirc to bring up a list of options over the disc channel. I remember that on the wii u at least, but I think it's pretty much the same way on the wii. both systems are pretty much the same to get neek working or neek2o, just the sneek files are different (at least the kernel one is). the other two are named the same from what I remember.

20200710_001255_HDR.jpg

that's my neek2o on the virtual wii. as you can see, I have over 350 channels, so it took a few minutes to boot up. you'll know something is happening by the hdd activity light. if it stops flashing, something is probably wrong. only put games that need neek on that nand to cut down on the time. it will be very fast if you do, almost instant if you load the channel from usb loader gx. the above is just the feature of loading neek2o, not any specific game.

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah I get, it so what I did to fix it (or partially fix it since idk if it's called a fix), is just going to usb loader gx loader settings and on the option nand chan. emulation, just changed it back to full (since it was on neek) and now the emunand games work. How do I install the games to the usb loader gx? I even forgot that? and there's an option that says nand saves emulation and it's on off, should I leave it like that or change it? Are my games going to save?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's what my neek folder looks like:

upload_2020-10-13_23-29-3.png

only the di, kernel.bin (called kernel.bin on the wii), and font.bin are needed. the other files will be created automatically.

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My neek is on USB and it looks pretty much the same as yours, so i dont really know what might be causing the problem. What I did on my last post is what made a temporary fix, but idk how to start neek again, which is pretty weird, maybe I messed up something but idk what

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I get, it so what I did to fix it (or partially fix it since idk if it's called a fix), is just going to usb loader gx loader settings and on the option nand chan. emulation, just changed it back to full (since it was on neek) and now the emunand games work. How do I install the games to the usb loader gx? I even forgot that? and there's an option that says nand saves emulation and it's on off, should I leave it like that or change it? Are my games going to save?

save emulation will save to the emunand iirc instead of the regular nand. it's easier to keep track of them that way. you don't want to set it to neek by default. only set neek to games that need it otherwise it will potentially try reading hundreds of games which can take a long time. if you want to add games, use the wad manager in features in usb loader gx. it also has the ability to dump the nand, so that nand can be either for most games or just neek2o games. I'd suggest dumping it once, then injecting all the wad games, and setting that up as the default nand path. after that, dump the nand again, inject the neek2o games, then set that path as a per game basis. you have to install the neek2o games twice, because the nand path will display games for that given nand path you've set. it can only set one nand path in global settings. it doesn't care about neek2o games, it will just read everything. getting the games to use neek is in the game's settings, so every game but neek ones should be using global settings. choose neek for the neek2o games. there's some sort of switcher to get back to regular nand on the wii, but I don't really know much about it. the wii u is different, because it automatically restarts the system when you exist a neek2o game, so no switcher is needed.

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ok thanks man, yeah so now I know about it. But I'm just gonna leave it like that since I dont really know what Im doing, honestly. But, what games are the ones that need neek2o?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
castlevania rebirth adventure is a well known one. the only other one I know of is valis 2 which I think is an inject. I got a huge collection of wiiware games from iso before it shut down. valis 2 was among them. I think it wouldn't get past the title screen or opening animation or something. I'd suggest trying castlevania, since it's known not to work correctly. I'm not sure what it does exactly, but it's a good candidate for testing if neek is working.

Reactions: morrisonian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol