Need to know what I screwed up.

• Thread starter Deleted-394630
  • Start date
  • Views 839
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted-394630

OP
So while I was just browsing the web and shit, something popped up on my desktop, without my interaction. It was the "Windows 10 Update Assistant" It looked pretty sketchy to be honest, why would Microsoft put such a thing on my desktop without my consent, instead of just integrating it into settings?

That's when my anti-malware reflexes kicked in...

I quickly ended the process in task manager, right-clicked the icon, clicked "Open File Location," and deleted everything (Including the .exe) in /Windows10Update/ and emptied my recycling bin.

That now seems like a bad idea. A very bad idea. It was a moment of pure instinct, adrenaline, and fear. What the fuck did I just do, and how can I fix it?

Spectral Blizzard

GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So while I was just browsing the web and shit, something popped up on my desktop, without my interaction. It was the "Windows 10 Update Assistant" It looked pretty sketchy to be honest, why would Microsoft put such a thing on my desktop without my consent, instead of just integrating it into settings?

That's when my anti-malware reflexes kicked in...

I quickly ended the process in task manager, right-clicked the icon, clicked "Open File Location," and deleted everything (Including the .exe) in /Windows10Update/ and emptied my recycling bin.

That now seems like a bad idea. A very bad idea. It was a moment of pure instinct, adrenaline, and fear. What the fuck did I just do, and how can I fix it?
You deleted the Windows 10 update, and why would you want to fix it?
Get fucking Linux and clean your fucking mi-

D

Deleted-394630

OP
You deleted the Windows 10 update, and why would you want to fix it?
Get fucking Linux and clean your fucking mi-
What the fuck? Sorry to sound rude, but I asked for help, not criticism. I'm honestly considering switching to Linux, once I finish my productivity PC, but I'll do so on my own terms. Please don't shove Linux down my throat, I just need help right now.

Spectral Blizzard

GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the fuck? Sorry to sound rude, but I asked for help, not criticism. I'm honestly considering switching to Linux, once I finish my productivity PC, but I'll do so on my own terms. Please don't shove Linux down my throat, I just need help right now.
Ha!
I mean, just go to the Microsoft page. It'll have it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...