Hacking Question Need some advice about Updating & EmuNAND.

RJMayhem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is currently on 6.1.0 & I just restored my nand from a clean nand backup. I have some questions about whether I should go online and update or use ChoiDujourNX to update. I've never setup emunand before would this let me go onto Nintendo servers so I can get games/apps without being ban?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should be your best bet. Should make sure it works for EmuNAND, but I think it will. I, unfortunately, am on SysNAND, and it has not given me any Issues. Wishing I knew about setting up EmuNAND before.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. U should update via chio if u care about ever cold/warm boot solution down the road
2. If one matters to you i would clean the nand using harddisk mount which i give instruction later
3. Create emunand from here
4. Boot into sysnand with stock boot selected
5. Setup switch how u like with your nintendo account linked
6. Make a backup of it just in case u need to run any homebrew on sysnand

Now use sysnand for online stuff and emunand for cfw

1. Setup 90dns and intcondo on emunand

RJMayhem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. U should update via chio if u care about ever cold/warm boot solution down the road
2. If one matters to you i would clean the nand using harddisk mount which i give instruction later
3. Create emunand from here
4. Boot into sysnand with stock boot selected
5. Setup switch how u like with your nintendo account linked
6. Make a backup of it just in case u need to run any homebrew on sysnand

Now use sysnand for online stuff and emunand for cfw

1. Setup 90dns and intcondo on emunand

Hello

I'm not that worried about cold boot but if there is a legit way to update and use the sysnand online so I can connect to the Nintendo servers & always have the option to downgrade that sounds like the best bet.

This is how I setup my switch originally. When I bought it was on 4.1 I think i went online signed into my Nintendo ID and updated to 6.1.0 then made my sysnand backup. What i just did was restored my Boot 0/1 and sysnand back to 6.1.0 as it was when I 1st setup my switch. I'm not sure if that's the best way to revert it back to before I ran homebrew or not but I read that should work.

I'm using SX OS SO how exactly do I setup the emunand?

Once emunand is set up is there a way I can have AutoRCM on but bring up which option I want or do i need to use a RCM switch each time?

I was just reading a post about a update to the game cart on 9.0.0 so wouldn't it be easier if I just revert back to my clean nand then do a online OFW update burning the fuses and then setup my Emunand?

IF I understand this correctly which I could be wrong so correct me if thats the case. Once the Emunand is setup I can do my homebrew on that install NSPs and run homebrew apps on the Emunand but can also got back to the sysnand which would be OFW and I can connect to nintendo servers to download games & apps with limited chance of being ban?

Last edited by RJMayhem,

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello

I'm not that worried about cold boot but if there is a legit way to update and use the sysnand online so I can connect to the Nintendo servers & always have the option to downgrade that sounds like the best bet.

This is how I setup my switch originally. When I bought it was on 4.1 I think i went online signed into my Nintendo ID and updated to 6.1.0 then made my sysnand backup. What i just did was restored my Boot 0/1 and sysnand back to 6.1.0 as it was when I 1st setup my switch. I'm not sure if that's the best way to revert it back to before I ran homebrew or not but I read that should work.

I'm using SX OS SO how exactly do I setup the emunand?

Once emunand is set up is there a way I can have AutoRCM on but bring up which option I want or do i need to use a RCM switch each time?

I was just reading a post about a update to the game cart on 9.0.0 so wouldn't it be easier if I just revert back to my clean nand then do a online OFW update burning the fuses and then setup my Emunand?

IF I understand this correctly which I could be wrong so correct me if thats the case. Once the Emunand is setup I can do my homebrew on that install NSPs and run homebrew apps on the Emunand but can also got back to the sysnand which would be OFW and I can connect to nintendo servers to download games & apps with limited chance of being ban?

ok from this do the following
1. restore your clean backup
2. backup your sd files to pc
3. while push payload hold vol + until main menu popup boot using stock method update to 9.0.1 using ofw
4. while push payload hold vol + until main menu popup click options>emunand>create emunamd> Hidden Partition. wait
5. shutdown switch and copy your sd files back and boot up again

if you boot hekate before the switch reboots after the switch updates will avoid fuse burning so if u do the jig trick just before it reboots but if u don't care then don't worry

RJMayhem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so not sure I did this right but after I did the clean nand restore I went into settings and updated to the current OFW 9.0.1.. I'm currently making new clean nand backups of 9.0.1 for future clean restores after that I'll setup the Emunand. Once that's done how would I boot my switch? Do I just boot it normal no RCM mode to get into Sysnand? Do I need to remove my SD card while using Sysnand? When I want to enter the Emunand would I need to enter RCM mode from a power off state?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, so not sure I did this right but after I did the clean nand restore I went into settings and updated to the current OFW 9.0.1.. I'm currently making new clean nand backups of 9.0.1 for future clean restores after that I'll setup the Emunand. Once that's done how would I boot my switch? Do I just boot it normal no RCM mode to get into Sysnand? Do I need to remove my SD card while using Sysnand? When I want to enter the Emunand would I need to enter RCM mode from a power off state?

once you setup the emunamd the sxos payload will boot into emunand cfw by default
latest sxos you can use HOS restart menu to reboot 2 payload and holding vol + will bring up main menu
click the emunand toggle button (yellow button) and boot stock for sysnand stuff
no need remove the sd vard while using sysnand
if ur coming from sysnand to emumand nand u need to boot into emunand from power off state

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.