Hacking Need help with dsi ver.1.4.5A

boseranit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a R4 SDHC card with heaps of games on it, they all worked perfectly. when updated my dsi to the version 1.4.5A all the games stopped working. now when I try to open it it says
An error has occurred.
Press and hold the POWER
Button to turn the system off.
Please refer to the Nintendo DSi
Operations Manual for details.
How do I fix this? Do I have to change the firmware, if so which firmware will work?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/flash-carts-and-dsi-3ds-updates.315784/

If you are referring to things like Moonshell, Wood, YSmenu and such, those are not actually firmware even though most people call them that. They are the software/OS/menu/kernel. The actual firmware update is what you need to do, and they are not cross-cart, you need THE one that comes from your cart's site.

boseranit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I read your article, I checked on my flashcart's website but It says r4 sdhc 1.4.X users do not update to the latest version 1.4.5A. I have already upgraded and there are no upgrades for my flashcard. Does that mean ive lost all of my games unless they get a new update for it?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I read your article, I checked on my flashcart's website but It says r4 sdhc 1.4.X users do not update to the latest version 1.4.5A. I have already upgraded and there are no upgrades for my flashcard. Does that mean ive lost all of my games unless they get a new update for it?
Correct, it will not work until it's updated. And seeing as 1.4.5 was over four months ago, I wouldn't get my hopes up. When flash carts can update, they generally do it within 24 hours to a week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1