Hacking Need help to update and remod aWii

JayRoe111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My moded wii is running V3.2 and I want to update to the latest version. The idiots who moded my wii removed the home brew channel after they moded it so the only mod channel I have is the backup loader. How can I update my wii and re-mod it with the home brew channel and usb loader installed? Can I just update it from Nintendo and soft mod it or will that brick it?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Updating from nintendo probably won't brick it. Still, there's not much progress between the firmwares. Or even none at all above 4.1.

Modmii, as suggested by psincd, is like a swiss army knife for modding. It can do pretty much anything, so I'll focus on what it is that you should be doing:

1) use an exploit to reinstall the homebrew channel and bootmii (probably bannerbomb, but I'm not sure on the version).
2) if you don't have a bootmii backup, make one now
3) update your IOS, cIOS and/or channels with modmii. If you want to update the system menu as well, that's fine too...as long as you make sure you have the corresponding non-stubbed IOS to go with it.
4) install priiloader and block disc & online updates
5) get the loader of your liking and install it
6) your USB drive...get it formatted in FAT32 (WBFS is outdated). Then use a program like wii backup manager to move your games over there.

That's, roughly said, what following the modmii tutorial will get you: a wii with the latest cIOS and, generally speaking, the most safe way to get there.

Important: there are no prerequisites. Just treat your wii as if it wasn't modded before.

Reactions: 1 person

JayRoe111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help :) My Wii is now running the latest version with the mod installed and so far everything is working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o