Hacking Need help to deside which CFW to choose

kamatso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hey everybody iam new to gbatemp and also new to hacking(by the way great forum and great jod been done here).I have a psp-1004 with 3.03 .Could someone please help me deside which cfw to choose from.(that is able to play psx games)
thanks in advance

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You ultimately want to update to 6.60 and use 6.60 PRO B10.

Given your current firmware i'd advise you to update to 3.52, then 5.00 then 6.60 and install 6.60 PRO at that point.

Firmwares are available here (scroll down for the 3.xx and 5.xx)
PRO CFW is here (along with the 6.60 OFW Update)

If you need help read this

kamatso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
in the topic "how to softmod (hack) you psp" it says that the cfw 6.60 is temporary and the 6.20 is permanent .Iam confused. because iam new to this which is the easiest and more efficient way? sorry for my english

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
hey everybody iam new to gbatemp and also new to hacking(by the way great forum and great jod been done here).I have a psp-1004 with 3.03 .Could someone please help me deside which cfw to choose from.(that is able to play psx games)
thanks in advance

6.60 Pro-B if you have a PSP compatible with the pre-ipl exploit (i.e. pandora capable), otherwise 6.20 Pro-B (as 6.20 can use a replacement signed vsh.prx to remain permanent while anything higher can't do that).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You ultimately want to update to 6.60 and use 6.60 PRO B10.

Given your current firmware i'd advise you to update to 3.52, then 5.00 then 6.60 and install 6.60 PRO at that point.

Firmwares are available here (scroll down for the 3.xx and 5.xx)
PRO CFW is here (along with the 6.60 OFW Update)

If you need help read this
Why update in stages and not straight to 6.60?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Why update in stages and not straight to 6.60?

Historically it always led to problems making too big a firmware jump. I don't know at what point you came onboard with the PSP but, for instance, if you were updating to 5.00 M33 you had to be on at least 3.52 M33-4. It's probably perfectly feasable to make the jump in one go, but as someone who takes things as safely as possible i'd probably go with the method that had been established in the past rather than do something that (logically should work fine) but is different to the set precedent. After all how big a problem is a couple of updates? I doubt it'd happen but there may be some issue with what the newer updater looks for in the base firmware.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK fair enough. I had heard of problems updating CFWs from early versions to later versions without going to steps in between, but I just figured it would be fine with OFW. Guess it's better to be safe than sorry though ;)

kamatso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
iam happy to report that my psp is "officially" hacked :P . I choose the 6.20 pro permanent since iam not that experienced to try the 6.60 temp and to make it perm. Maybe it was as easy as i put the 6.20 but i didn't want to take the risk. Also i updated the ofw from 3.03 to ofw 6.20 straight away and all seems fine i guess. i tries a couple of .cso and they worked fine.
I wonder if someone could suggest some cxmb for this cfw and some other "cool" stuff (emulator maybe) to run on my psp.
And ofcourse thanks again for all the help

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
6.60 PRO is just as easy, and in fact, safer ;) (6.20 permanent patch is a bit buggy and has been known to brick some people, 6.60 cIPL hasn't bricked anyone as far as I know). But now you're on 6.20 PRO, there's no need to change, pretty sure there aren't any important differences.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can find a load of themes here: http://wololo.net/talk/viewforum.php?f=27 just make sure to get 6.20 compatible ones

And a few homebrew games I advise you check out:

Squarez
SuperTux
Jelly Car
Cave Story
Geometry Wars
GEMS
DOOM
Ragdoll Cannon
Stakker

And I haven't tried many apps, but PSP Filer is kinda handy - file manager which can copy/move/delete files and edit text files etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    why we saying hello again for?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, cuz you both werent here
    +1
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    oh btw, did you know that the teenage mutant ninja turtles is having an r rated live action movie?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I did not know that
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but it would make sense
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    im gonna binge watch metalocalypse, any tips?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane" shaggy responds "thats my favorite name"
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane"...