Hacking Need Help On What To Code

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
iTunes isn't exactly available on the wii.

What Magsor and Quietlyawesome94 mean is that there are two programs available on the wii:
1. wiiflow, which has that fancy coverflow thingy
2. wiiMC, which is able to play multimedia files.

As such, a suggestion to do is to use the source of both to create a multimedia player with a coverflow. The knowhow is out there (not sure if they're open source, though), so it's at least theoretically possible.

if you want to code then try to find something not done. Good luck with that.
No...if you want to code, try something you want to make. Whether it's already done is irrelevant. Or actually: it's better that it IS already done (it can serve as an example of how to do things).

It's if you want to get an audience and/or help the community, THEN it's trying to find something not done. Correction: something not done and that may spark the interest of people.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you have never programmed on a platform like the wii before, it's probably best to start to examine and improve some existing projects.
libogc offers a lot of very usefull functions, but it's not exactly the most documented library with a nice piece of example code to demonstrate the use of every function.

Even getting something compiled can be a challenge the first time. Especially if the original project is using some older versions of the libraries.

The wii itself is also a pretty complicated piece of hardware, with it's 2 processors.
Some documentation is available on the net, but it's spread wide over.

I wouldn't start with adding coverflow to wiimc as a first project, I wouldn't look at porting xbmc either.
Those aren't exactly beginners projects.

thebeast923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iTunes isn't exactly available on the wii.

What Magsor and Quietlyawesome94 mean is that there are two programs available on the wii:
1. wiiflow, which has that fancy coverflow thingy
2. wiiMC, which is able to play multimedia files.

As such, a suggestion to do is to use the source of both to create a multimedia player with a coverflow. The knowhow is out there (not sure if they're open source, though), so it's at least theoretically possible.

if you want to code then try to find something not done. Good luck with that.
No...if you want to code, try something you want to make. Whether it's already done is irrelevant. Or actually: it's better that it IS already done (it can serve as an example of how to do things).

It's if you want to get an audience and/or help the community, THEN it's trying to find something not done. Correction: something not done and that may spark the interest of people.
If you have never programmed on a platform like the wii before, it's probably best to start to examine and improve some existing projects.
libogc offers a lot of very usefull functions, but it's not exactly the most documented library with a nice piece of example code to demonstrate the use of every function.

Even getting something compiled can be a challenge the first time. Especially if the original project is using some older versions of the libraries.

The wii itself is also a pretty complicated piece of hardware, with it's 2 processors.
Some documentation is available on the net, but it's spread wide over.

I wouldn't start with adding coverflow to wiimc as a first project, I wouldn't look at porting xbmc either.
Those aren't exactly beginners projects.
Thank You both for the very use full info now for my insight One I dont think updating Libogc would be a good stepping stone at this point for two reasons one libogc was a group effort so me adding anything to it is king of useless cuz i have no knowledge of the wii calling codes so I cant help there Two I Am Still Learning c So It Will Take some Work And Its not As Bad So Ill take Some small chunk and look in to the front end of a God Like Example for ogc but I am 80 percent sure that I Want to start with the pc at 1 time i wanted a end all be all for gh\rb but that may have died becuz of the lack of interest so if I make a god tool for libogoc what would you want it to be

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think you miss understood there. I wasn't talking about making changes to libogc.
libogc is the library that contains most of the wii specific functions.
Nearly all homebrew programs are linked to a version of this program. That's why I brought it up.

What exactly do you mean with a god tool?

thebeast923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you miss understood there. I wasn't talking about making changes to libogc.
libogc is the library that contains most of the wii specific functions.
Nearly all homebrew programs are linked to a version of this program. That's why I brought it up.

What exactly do you mean with a god tool?
Something like an emulator to show off all. the functions of libogc

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nice one beast :)

i got a request for you to update / improve Leiji loader.
I have got all links and source to upload from my desktop when i get back from vacation (Florida rocks!)
will post back after July 10th

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi beast,
heres something to have a look at if u got time / inclination :)

Leiji Loader:
custom loader inject to an old revision of neogamma to allow replacement of stage 1-1 from NSMB wii with a custom stage of your choice.
The app was quite cute, coming out just before the release of Reggie! editor, but never really gained popularity due to difficulty in getting it to work. You had to have:
PAL version only
WBFS partition
using cIOS rev_14
with specific settings for neogamma (see d/load)
I have included source in the download, with compiled boot.dol, settings info and SD files setup folder.
I currently use neogamma IOS switcher app and have rev_14 installed to IOS slot 245 so as not to compromise my d2x setup.

I would ultimately like to achieve a channel for this which autoboots leiji GUI to choose a custom stage of your choice from a default folder on SD/USB......maaybe too much, i know....

realistically, just achieving FAT32 support would be awesome, and compatability with d2x?? like I said, I'm no coder so havent a clue what these would entail. I can test things to destruction along the way should you need me to tho' :)

heres links - and thx
orig post:
http://gbatemp.net/t...e-from-sd-card/

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6sg48q

thebeast923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi beast,
heres something to have a look at if u got time / inclination :)

Leiji Loader:
custom loader inject to an old revision of neogamma to allow replacement of stage 1-1 from NSMB wii with a custom stage of your choice.
The app was quite cute, coming out just before the release of Reggie! editor, but never really gained popularity due to difficulty in getting it to work. You had to have:
PAL version only
WBFS partition
using cIOS rev_14
with specific settings for neogamma (see d/load)
I have included source in the download, with compiled boot.dol, settings info and SD files setup folder.
I currently use neogamma IOS switcher app and have rev_14 installed to IOS slot 245 so as not to compromise my d2x setup.

I would ultimately like to achieve a channel for this which autoboots leiji GUI to choose a custom stage of your choice from a default folder on SD/USB......maaybe too much, i know....

realistically, just achieving FAT32 support would be awesome, and compatability with d2x?? like I said, I'm no coder so havent a clue what these would entail. I can test things to destruction along the way should you need me to tho' :)

heres links - and thx
orig post:
http://gbatemp.net/t...e-from-sd-card/

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6sg48q
as I sent you in the PM theres no reason for doing this as there all tools for both Originals and Fake Wii disc sorry i did not post here life is buzzing around in this moment but I shall be Fine For The Holidays

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space +1