Hacking Need Help. New 3DS XL Blue Light Black Screen. Have SysNAND backup. NO button combo works.

SteelWolf89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thread Title. anyone that can help, I would HIGHLY appreciate it.

I have a Supercard DSTWO that i'm sitting on until NTRboot gets released on it, and I also have a second New 3DS XL running on B9S that I JUST fully updated with the latest tools.

Edit #1:
I have Original Sys/EmuNAND, A9LH Sys/EmuNAND and OTP backups on hand if needed.

My system turns on, but my screen will not light up or react to any button combo I use.

The blue power light is all that turns on and it does NOT blink or shut off on its own. the only thing i can do is hold the power button for ~15 seconds to turn my 3ds off.

I'd like to avoid having to hardmod my 3ds by using my other 3ds for a CTRtransfer or something if possible..

Last edited by SteelWolf89,

SteelWolf89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does your 3ds the one with blue light issue have luma installed?

It did, but this was an A9LH modded N3DS XL and I was attempting to update A9LH and everything at the time (this was months ago), and unknown to me the SD Card crapped out, so it got bricked during the update process.

When I turn the system on, the only thing that turns on is the blue power light. the screen never turns on, and no button combo I have tried does anything.

No Luma menu, no godmode9 menu, no recovery menu, nothing.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It did, but this was an A9LH modded N3DS XL and I was attempting to update A9LH and everything at the time (this was months ago), and unknown to me the SD Card crapped out, so it got bricked during the update process.

When I turn the system on, the only thing that turns on is the blue power light. the screen never turns on, and no button combo I have tried does anything.

No Luma menu, no godmode9 menu, no recovery menu, nothing.
Your SD card might be corrupted, try a new one with GodMode9.firm on the root renamed to boot.firm.

SteelWolf89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could this possibly be from a firmware corruption or something? i DO remember my system dying during the actual system update. what would be the fix if this were the case?

SteelWolf89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok. He might be waiting a long time...
I've had the DSTWO for years and I don't have the money to spend on a new cart just for 1 3DS, which is why i'm trying to find a software fix.

As long as progress is being made I can wait for the DS2 NTRboot release, I just hope my brick isn't irreversible without a hardmod...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've had the DSTWO for years and I don't have the money to spend on a new cart just for 1 3DS, which is why i'm trying to find a software fix.

As long as progress is being made I can wait for the DS2 NTRboot release, I just hope my brick isn't irreversible without a hardmod...
There might never be ntrboot for DSTwo, and if there is, it may be the kind that is irreversible, so you wouldn't be able to play DS games again. Remember that you can play DS games with the R4i once you're finished, and the DSTwo doesn't have any features that aren't available with CFW. Why not sell your DSTwo and buy an R4i? Or do a babysitting gig or mow someone's lawn. I would have thought having a working 3DS would be worth doing a hour or two's work or going to the effort of selling something, but, it's up to you. Maybe you've got too many other games to play so you're not too bothered by your 3DS not working.

SteelWolf89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There might never be ntrboot for DSTwo, and if there is, it may be the kind that is irreversible, so you wouldn't be able to play DS games again. Remember that you can play DS games with the R4i once you're finished, and the DSTwo doesn't have any features that aren't available with CFW. Why not sell your DSTwo and buy an R4i? Or do a babysitting gig or mow someone's lawn. I would have thought having a working 3DS would be worth doing a hour or two's work or going to the effort of selling something, but, it's up to you. Maybe you've got too many other games to play so you're not too bothered by your 3DS not working.
so based on the symptoms i posted, what would you guess is my issue? corrupt NAND? corrupt FIRM? what kind of brick do I have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: admonish