Hardware Need help deciding.

Dakalador

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well first, I'm a bit confused about the M3 perfect series. Can you use them with a regular (not sp) GBA? All the reviews I looked through had it with the NDS so I wasn't too sure.

Now, my dilemma is to either buy the EZ-Flash III 2 gigabit or the M3 Perfect SD slim + 1gigabyte SD card. I've heard a lot of people recommending the EZ-Flash III over anything for just pure GBA support. I'm in utter confusion on how it out performs the M3. They both have perfect comptability for GBA games, both have RTC, but the M3 Perfect has support for video and it is at a much higher storage per cost efficiency (EZF = 2 gigabit, M3 = 1gigabyte, approximately 8 gigabits both for the same price, $110 shipped).

Also, just to make sure, the M3 Perfect SD slim does use regular SD cards, right? At gameyeeeah it makes several references to using a standard mini-SD card. And what features, if any, will I lose from using a regular GBA instead of an NDS?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
The one you linked to uses standard SD, not mini or micro.
Although if you have mini or micro with an adapter, you can probably use it.

The M3 Perfect series is a bit confusing sometimes.
M3 SD Slim -> Standard SD
M3 Mini SD -> Mini SD
M3 Lite -> Micro SD

The Mini SD fits perfectly into a GBA slot as it's the same same as a GBA game.
The SD Slim is slightly bigger due to using a SD card and thus sticks out a little.
The Lite is made with a case for the DS, but I believe it comes with a GBA case if you would rather have the Lite.

Other than those SD and case differences, they are identical. Use the same firmware and patcher. And have the same compatibility.

You don't loose any GBA features features while playing it on a real GBA afaik, only the NDS features.

I have a M3 SD Slim (originally bought for my DS) and it works great with my GBA SP. Now and days, I have a R4 for my DS and often I'll lend my friend my GBA and M3 so he can play while I'm playing the DS, or visa-versa.

I can't comment on the EZ-Flash, as I have never used it or any of their products.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: