Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
My friend is hell bent on buying a R4i

http://usbextremeshop.com/product_info.php...products_id=206

Is the R4i still supported and good at loading new games?
unsure.gif

Please let me know. If not, what cards would you recommend, I just bough a Acekard 2i at the same place.

Well worth the money
yaynds.gif

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
y the hell wud u WANT to buy an r4
lemme give u some advise on the r4: dont buy one
its the shittiest card out there and its horrible, if u want a flash card then get an ak2i and if u dont like that get an m3i 0
if u have a ds lite and u have money then get the cyclo cuz its the best

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
im a proud R4 owner, but i have to say, DONT get it.
its not regulary updated... not updated at all, there ALL clones now
I know the trouble you have to go through to update then everytime i new good game comes out
DEFINATLY get an Ak2i

Lol at the sites description
QUOTE said:
Item Description

This is the official and ONLY Original R4DS successor, R4i! It is made by M3 team, meaning high quality. Please don't buy copies which are offered by most competitors, support the original one.

If its the official, then why is it made by the M3 team? Not the R4 team? They Contridict themselves there!

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ummm R4 Cards can get really pricey, i STRONGLY insist your friend does NOT get a R4, Tell him the whole Forum will give him crap or something, DONT get one, i have one, and i wish i spent it on a AceKard. As much as i love my R4, Itd not the best, also tell him, "A guy named outgum assumes that based on the progress of updates for the R4, In a few months it wont be able to play the newer games" If he wants to save a couple of dollars, he wont be by buying an R4, He'll just want a new one after like a month

listen to Fellow New Zealanders!

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jamielee321 said:
My friend is under the impression that all the cards are essentially the same and he wants to save a couple dollars

Remember, you get what you pay for.

AK2i for $13 USD. Problem solved. (Of course it may take up to a month to get to you...Couple weeks usually.)

I just got an AK2.1 to replace my DSOne and I absolutely love it.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
r4 was good in its day and im still using it but i wouldn't get one, it takes a lot of work to make the newer games work and the only firmware being updated is YSmenu which is hard to set up if your a novice. I would go for the M3i zero or AK2i even if it is usually more expensive. all the new r4's are clones which isn't that bad but i would be wary of buying from a website which says its official and made by the M3 team. I don't think that its upgradeable so it may not even work on 1.4 firmware or above. Looking at the link your friend wants to buy from its not upgradeable, comes with a cheap looking USB reader and has a creased box which is never a good sign from a "professional retailer". The price is also ridiculous for an R4 fake and you can get it for about $17 else ware. All in all, dont get it

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've got an r4i SDHC red box, not the one your friend wants, a 'better' clone, and it was ok. It got wrong twice after i got it. Just disrupted all my games and deleted everything. Homebrew doesn't always run on it, the latest games, Dirt 2 for instance, does run, but it deletes it afterwards. You can't browse thru folders. That one, at least of what i heard, is even worse and is going wrong many more times then mine did. I've now got an acekard2i, and it works brilliant. Tell your friend that he needs to go real, and buy acekard or M3i0

Injury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPlayer. Enough said! GBA emulation, NDS/DSi emulation, not to mention the other supported emulators.

I owned an R4 before, and it's limited. You want to either get an iPlayer for it's ability to cross-platform your system to GBA, or get the Acekard2i, which I now own. Turbo microSD, lookout! It's speedy! It's got space! Wait for the 16GB microSD...or whenever someone crack the SD card slot!

Woo! Screw R4!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Tell him to get the DS-X. Any day now a new firmware will be released that will enable it to work on the DSi.

Any day now.

...aaaany day now.

jamielee321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I just smacked my buddy in the back of the head, said it was a message from all of you guys.
hate2.gif
ohmy.gif
cry.gif

Told him I'd keep on slapping him if he buys a R4 instead of a Acekard 2i or M3.
rofl.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
y the hell wud u WANT to buy an r4
lemme give u some advise on the r4: dont buy one
its the shittiest card out there and its horrible, if u want a flash card then get an ak2i and if u dont like that get an m3i 0
if u have a ds lite and u have money then get the cyclo cuz its the best

AT LEAST the R4 can play games...don't judge the R4 entirely...

But I must say R4 isn't the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto