Need advice on getting a cheap netbook

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by elmoreas, Oct 21, 2010.

Oct 21, 2010
  1. elmoreas
    OP

Member elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey all, for those of you that live in USA and are familar with Walmart, Target, Sams Club, Kmart, Staples, and Office Max; I need advice on getting a cheap but decent netbook from one of them. The OS doesn't matter, office is not needed nor is an optical drive, the screen only needs to be 7inches or more and the hdd 16gb or more ram can be 128mb. I am thinking acer but not sure about them. All it is going to be used for is to check email, surf the net (no downloading or video watching), and typing txt files, and playing solitaire/mahjong. Can anyone tell me a decent brand and what I should expect to pay for something like this? Thanks.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If it's just for web browsing like that, any netbook will work, really. Which ones you can find at your stores depends on your stores, so we can't really check it out for you. [​IMG]

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    MSI, ASUS, Acer, Samsung... they're all good at making netbooks. Until a new generation of CPUs and APUs come out, there won't really be any change in the netbook market, so get whichever you think looks the best.

4. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Your best bet is to just wait till black friday since its only alittle over a month away...