Hacking Need advice in choosing a flashcart

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
Hello fellow members,
I am having a difficult time in choosing which flashcart I should purchase.
The ones I have my eyes on mainly:
The R4
M3 DS REAL 16GB
CyclosDS

There are also a few questions I have.

1.What Flashcart do you prefer?
2.Is it noob compatible,in saying that I mean is it easy to use.
3.Does it support homebrew applications.
4.Does it support saves.
5.Does it play these games...?

Sonic Rush Adventure
New Super Mario Bros
Super Mario 64
Mega Man ZX Advent
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles&Revenant Wings&Final Fantasy A2
The World Ends With You
Phantom Hourglass
Kirby Canvas Curse

Sorry for such a long list.
All help is appreciated.
yaynds.gif
 

Dsparil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
33
Trophies
0
XP
8
Country
United States
If you care one bit about being able to connect Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with Pokemon Battle Revolution, get either the CycloDS or G6DS Real. The M3DS Real doesn't support Pokemon Battle Revolution even though it uses the same firmware as the G6DS Real. Also, the M3DS Real doesn't come with a built in 16GB since it uses SDHC instead, so I think you ment the G6DS Real.

There is only 1 game that is problematic with all cards as of right now, and it's Castlevania: PoR. To run the game you need to have very fast MicroSD(All Kingstons and Toshiba) or any MicroSDHC. If you get a MicroSD from Taiwan(Scandisk), your game will crash a lot. If you decide to go with a MicroSDHC card, any brand (Even a class 2 Scandisk) will be fast enough for Castlevania: PoR. Just be aware that MicroSDHC cards will drain your DS battary faster than a regular MicroSD. With that said, I still prefer MicroSDHC over MicroSD.

If you decide to go with G6DS Real, you don't have to worry about Castlevania: PoR because the 16GB internal memory that it comes with is fast enough for Castlevania: PoR. Otherwise, any of the flashcart listed above are fine.

If you get the CycloDS or M3DS Real, I highly recomend the Transcend MicroSDHC Class 6:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...end%2bmicrosdhc

Do not get the A-Data MicroSDHC Class 6 because it has a lot of people complaining about the card crashing every few weeks with all data being wiped out.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196

If you are confused about Class 2, 4, and 6 just remember that class 6 is the fastest type of MicroSDHC. Every MicroSDHC will have the class written on the label.

20-208-408-01.jpg
 

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
Dsparil said:
If you care one bit about being able to connect Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with Pokemon Battle Revolution, get the CycloDS or G6DS Real. Moreover, the M3DS Real doesn't come with 16GB since it uses SDHC instead, so I think you ment the G6DS Real which uses the exact same firmware as the M3DS Real.

Also, M3DS Real doesn't support Pokemon Battle Revolution even though it uses the same firmware as the G6DS Real. Otherwise, any of the flashcart listed above will do you good.
I dont really want to play online or connect to the wii with it
just wanna be able to play good games and use homebrew applications
 

Dsparil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
33
Trophies
0
XP
8
Country
United States
kais said:
Dsparil said:
If you care one bit about being able to connect Pokemon Diamond/Pearl with Pokemon Battle Revolution, get the CycloDS or G6DS Real. Moreover, the M3DS Real doesn't come with 16GB since it uses SDHC instead, so I think you ment the G6DS Real which uses the exact same firmware as the M3DS Real.

Also, M3DS Real doesn't support Pokemon Battle Revolution even though it uses the same firmware as the G6DS Real. Otherwise, any of the flashcart listed above will do you good.
I dont really want to play online or connect to the wii with it
just wanna be able to play good games and use homebrew applications


I updated my post above with more info. If you don't care about online, then an R4 will be fine unless you want to have more than 2gb of space.
 

Dsparil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
33
Trophies
0
XP
8
Country
United States
kais said:
Thank you,Dsparil

Now im just gonna look up some information about the R4 and the M3 and make my decision between those two


Just remember not to confuse the M3DS Simply(R4 clone) and M3DS Real.

The difference with he M3DS Simply and the R4DS is that whenever there is a new firmware for the R4, you have to wait for team M3 to decrypt the R4 firmware. Otherwsie, both cards are identical.

The M3DS Real is Team M3's high end and orginal flashcart which uses MicroSDHC with a lot of other features.
 

Dsparil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
33
Trophies
0
XP
8
Country
United States
kais said:
The M3DS REAL with the Transcend MicroSDHC Class 6 and 2gygabytes as in 16gigbits
seems interesting.
Does it need a GBA expansion to play gba games.

Yes it does. You can get the EZFlash 3-in-1 or get one of their own expansion pack.

At Gameyeeah they have a bundle:
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3-ds-real-rumbl...pack-p-710.html

Also the Transcend is 4gigs.
 

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
Dsparil said:
kais said:
The M3DS REAL with the Transcend MicroSDHC Class 6 and 2gygabytes as in 16gigbits
seems interesting.
Does it need a GBA expansion to play gba games.

Yes it does. You can get the EZFlash 3-in-1 or get one of their own expansion pack.

At Gameyeeah they have a bundle:
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3-ds-real-rumbl...pack-p-710.html

Also the Transcend is 4gigs.
Yeah i know the differance between the R4DS and M3DS.
AND im probably gonna get that bundle pack but when you say 4gigs do you mean gigabytes or gigabits
 

sk3tch

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
316
Trophies
0
XP
204
Country
United States
M3 DS Real...why? It's a good card, but for your needs you may as well go budget and get an Acekard 2 or a DSTT. They're cheap at dealextreme.com (pick up a Kingston 2GB Japan microSD card while you're there). You will have to wait 2-3 weeks for shipping, but the prices can't be beat.

If you're impatient, I recommend realhotstuff.com in the U.S. Use the coupon SAVE5 to get 5% off your order. They ship super fast and they have incredible customer service.
 

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
sk3tch said:
M3 DS Real...why? It's a good card, but for your needs you may as well go budget and get an Acekard 2 or a DSTT. They're cheap at dealextreme.com (pick up a Kingston 2GB Japan microSD card while you're there). You will have to wait 2-3 weeks for shipping, but the prices can't be beat.

If you're impatient, I recommend realhotstuff.com in the U.S. Use the coupon SAVE5 to get 5% off your order. They ship super fast and they have incredible customer service.
Thanks,but I have been saving up some cash and can afford the m3ds real.It also seems pretty good.
 

Dsparil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
33
Trophies
0
XP
8
Country
United States
kais said:
Dsparil said:
kais said:
The M3DS REAL with the Transcend MicroSDHC Class 6 and 2gygabytes as in 16gigbits
seems interesting.
Does it need a GBA expansion to play gba games.

Yes it does. You can get the EZFlash 3-in-1 or get one of their own expansion pack.

At Gameyeeah they have a bundle:
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3-ds-real-rumbl...pack-p-710.html

Also the Transcend is 4gigs.
Yeah i know the differance between the R4DS and M3DS.
AND im probably gonna get that bundle pack but when you say 4gigs do you mean gigabytes or gigabits

Gigabytes.
 

Dsparil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
33
Trophies
0
XP
8
Country
United States

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
Dsparil said:
kais said:
Dsparil said:
kais said:
The M3DS REAL with the Transcend MicroSDHC Class 6 and 2gygabytes as in 16gigbits
seems interesting.
Does it need a GBA expansion to play gba games.

Yes it does. You can get the EZFlash 3-in-1 or get one of their own expansion pack.

At Gameyeeah they have a bundle:
http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3-ds-real-rumbl...pack-p-710.html

Also the Transcend is 4gigs.
Yeah i know the differance between the R4DS and M3DS.
AND im probably gonna get that bundle pack but when you say 4gigs do you mean gigabytes or gigabits

Gigabytes.
Ok,Thanks.
Yeah I am gonna go with the M3DS REAL with the Transcend MicroSDHC Class 6.
Thanks for the Help.
 

Dsparil

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
33
Trophies
0
XP
8
Country
United States
Also about the GBA expansion

If you go with Team M3's GBA expansion, you can load GBA games straight from the menu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIfthb9EYE

If you go with EZFlash 3-in-1, you have to use GBAExploader(homebrew app):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DoUim4f484

I'm not sure if newer firmware still requires GBAExploader for the EZFlash 3-in-1 because I don't have an M3 Real to be to verify this (I use CycloDS). The CycloDS beta firmware adds loading GBA from the menu feature with the EZFlash 3 in 1.

Edit: Yeah, I looked around, it looks like you still need GBAExploader if you go with the EZFlash 3-in-1. Also, you may want to read this guide if you are going with the M3DS Real:
Source: http://tguellich.wikispaces.com/space/show...e+M3DS+Real.pdf credits to tguellich


Edit 2: The World Ends with You (E)(EXiMiUS) 3.4 Must start with [Y] and not use Soft Reset or game will freeze.
Source: http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/G6DS_REAL_compatibility

It's a new game, but the next firmware will probably fix this problem.

Edit 3: Looks like it might be a speed issue like Castlevania: PoR, but since you're getting a class 6, you shouldn't get this issue.
Source: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=82767&st=15

Edit 4: http://www.realhotstuff.com/real-rumble-expansion-p-258.html also has the same bundle. You might want to order from this site for cheaper and faster shipping.
 

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
Dsparil said:
sk3tch said:
kais said:
Thanks,but I have been saving up some cash and can afford the m3ds real.It also seems pretty good.

Well, if you're a money man - why not buy the best flashcart in the market? The CycloDS.

$60 shipped
http://www.realhotstuff.com/cyclods-evolution-p-213.html


Perhaps he wants the M3DS Real because the MicroSD slot is spring loaded?
Perhaps he wants the M3DS Real because the MicroSD slot is spring loaded?
Asians don't understand what "MicroSD slot is spring loaded" means.
Anyways final thing is is cyclods easy to use like the m3ds real is

Edit:Never mind
Just reading the official topic about the cyclosds made me horny about it
Im gonna go with it.
Thanks for your suggestions
 

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
2,629
Trophies
0
Age
36
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
1,048
Country
United States
I suggest you don't get a cart that has a spring loaded slot. By spring loaded, it means a similar effect when you push on a Nintendo DS game cartridge, instead of having to pull it out, it pops out a little for easy access. Well, since the build quality of Flashcarts tend to vary, the spring loaded feature in them tend to bring over extended use leaving the MicroSD card stuck inside.
 

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
1,636
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
I have a bomb alallalallala
XP
324
Country
United States
Im gonna get the CyclosDS& Transcend 4GB Micro SDHC Flash Card.
My problem is I am currently in palistine,and will so be for another two months.
My brother who is coming to visit me told me to order whatever I need to his address,and he will be able to get it.
He will be leaving there and coming to palistine by may,12.
Unfortunately,time is running short I need a website that has both of those Items in stock and has fast shipping
...overnight shipping...or 2day shipping.
I am doing some searching for that,but any help would also be appreciated.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol