Gaming Need Advice! Bought Pro controller (amazing), are Joycons necessary?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly feel like start buying legit games though, my console came modded, but if I would've known indie games were as cheap as they are, I probably wouldn't have modded my Switch at all. If there was a way to know Nintendo won't ban me, then I would happily begin to "try" and buy all my games from now.

I think what Nintendo could do is to be honest about the banning process, but at the same time, be smart about it. They should "forgive" all those people with modded consoles, allow homebrew and emulators and forgive them for the games that they pirated in the past. Give them/us a formal warning and give us the chance to start anew, so we can start buying all our games from know on, without worrying about what we did in the past. But if there is any future piracy in our consoles then BAM! banned.

:) Cheeers!
Good boy, go legit and feel free !

Pip'

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Good boy, go legit and feel free !

Pip'

Well for now, I have bought a few indies and the system came with 6 retail games on the account already. So I am enjoy my legit games! It would seem that is not always needed to mod your console, because in the end you won't be playing more than 10 games anyway (my experience.

We'll see how Nintendo proceeds in relation to banning in the future, if they would do what I am suggesting, then I will be happy to buy all my future games. We'll see.

Cheers Pippin.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Well for now, I have bought a few indies and the system came with 6 retail games on the account already. So I am enjoy my legit games! It would seem that is not always needed to mod your console, because in the end you won't be playing more than 10 games anyway (my experience.

We'll see how Nintendo proceeds in relation to banning in the future, if they would do what I am suggesting, then I will be happy to buy all my future games. We'll see.

Cheers Pippin.
Always good to buy the games you enjoy. Games can't be made without people paying for them, and indie developers deserve your money for a job well done more than anyone. Honest pay for honest work.

In my experience, money has never been a limit to my gaming. Rather, it's time. I don't have a whole lot of money, but I have far less time. So I can easily afford all the games my busy schedule has time for me to play. Between tons of sales and my already large backlog, I'm not about to run out of games to play anytime soon, and I'd venture to guess most others are in the same boat. Another thing I realized is that simply pirating a game feels cheap, and so the game is devalued in my mind. If I can just get it for free willy-nilly, what's the point? Explains why I've never beat a game I've emulated or pirated. Meanwhile, buying a game is an investment of money, and it "values" the game as something I earned. I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally like the feeling of purchasing something. So I say, if you like it, buy it. Helps the industry, and you feel good.

That said, I think a Nintendo online ban also includes an eShop ban. Whiiiiiich... personally, I think they should at least open the one avenue people have to give 'em money, haha.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys, thanks for seeing this thread :)

So, I'll try to make it short. I just bought a Pro controller, the cheapest offer in my country was 83 dollars (they cost 110 dollars) and man, they feel AMAZING. I got one of the C revisions and I don't have any issues with the Dpad either ;)

My point is, do I still "really" need the joycons? Things is, I don't use the console in handheld, NEVER, only table top and docked. And I would rather sell them for about 100 dollars (they are 140 here) with grips included of course.

Is it worth it? Or there are "must buy" games that need the joycons?

I also have tons of Wii Classic controllers, and a gamecube controller, so with the money I would buy the Gbros adapter for them.

What do you guys think? Should I keep the joycons or sell them?

Thanks ^_^

Keep them. There are rare cases where a game ONLY works with JoyCons, even in docked/TV mode, and I've actually bought a couple that do this. I can't think of them off the top of my head, but they do exist. Plus, if friends ever want to jump in, you have extra controllers. They also come in handy when your Pro controller goes dead.

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Keep them. There are rare cases where a game ONLY works with JoyCons, even in docked/TV mode, and I've actually bought a couple that do this. I can't think of them off the top of my head, but they do exist. Plus, if friends ever want to jump in, you have extra controllers. They also come in handy when your Pro controller goes dead.

Yes, you are right. and honestly? I love the joycons! They feel very snappy and the motion HD seems better than on the Pro. I really love them, they are just uncomfortable to use for more than 15 minutes! :)

There is something so good about playing with that button Dpad thing, I just can't explain it, it felt great while playing Flashback, and man isn't this the best version of the game or what! B-)

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What! You can use the Joycons wirelessly? I thought nothing worked wirelessly while on airplane mode? :O
You're thinking about it backwards. You need the joycon because they can physically connect to the system, so they work with airplane mode on. Cant connect a wireless pro controller to turn off airplane mode if you turn it on by accident.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,
Reactions: nashismo

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're thinking about it backwards. You need the joycon because they can physically connect to the system, so they work with airplane mode on. Cant connect a wireless pro controller to turn off airplane mode if you turn it on by accident.
Sorry if I sound like I am making fun of you, I am NOT. You can just use the touch screen or power button.

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
no problem, i was a tad tired when i replied glad you understood me with some mistakes i made in my grammar ^^;; (i swear i get worse every few years as i get older, more exhausted i get worse it is!) do report back how the Gbros+Wii Classic Controller feels with the game! I had no real problems with my 8bitdo SN30 Pro

I am reporting back on the Gbros adapter. It works great, no problem so far! I feel no lag whatsoever. Someone would have to do an extensive analysis on the lag level, but I feel no lag. I've tried jumping from ledges on platform games and it's perfect.

It needs 2 AA batteries, but I have rechargeable batteries, so no problem for me ;)

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I sound like I am making fun of you, I am NOT. You can just use the touch screen or power button.
Oh, didn't even see the airplane mode in system setting. Guess touchscreen would work. Thanks for the info! ...how would the power button help, though? Just wondering if I missed something else.

Also, kinda sad you felt the need to clarify that you weren't making fun of me. This site has changed a lot since I joined. Too many overly sensitive "special snowflakes," and tons of arguing. Not saying you did anything wrong, I just think it's a sign that this community is falling to shit, unfortunately.

nashismo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Oh, didn't even see the airplane mode in system setting. Guess touchscreen would work. Thanks for the info! ...how would the power button help, though? Just wondering if I missed something else.

Also, kinda sad you felt the need to clarify that you weren't making fun of me. This site has changed a lot since I joined. Too many overly sensitive "special snowflakes," and tons of arguing. Not saying you did anything wrong, I just think it's a sign that this community is falling to shit, unfortunately.

Don't be negative brother, there are plenty of people from all over the world in this forum, I am chilean myself, and we don't have those stupid sensiblities, we can be quite the jerks though hahahahha (politically incorrect, or maybe just me). Plenty of Italians, Brazilians too and Mexicans. I think this forum is great, the best forum I have ever been in, I am not kidding, you guys are great, there are "some" forums in my country that stink, cough chw,net cough it stinks really bad in there, it reeks of miserable people.

You guys are amazing, and I am proud to be part of this group :) Cheers.

Last edited by nashismo,

Sticker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Some games require joycon, another fps or skyrim play better in handheld mode, with joycon you can do better gyro aim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: