Emulation Misc Joycon/Pro Controller remap save files

rcpd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Nintendo Switch Online, you are unable to remap the controllers in game. You can remap the platforms controls to better match what you want, but ultimately you cannot get it to a comfortable playing layout using the JoyCons or the Switch Pro controller.

That is unless you figure out the buttons for the NSO game you’d like to play and then go into Settings, Controllers and Sensors, Remap controllers, and remap the JoyCons/Pro Controller. This works very well, especially for NSO N64 games. There’s just one problem.

Nintendo only gives us five slots to save controller remaps. Well I used CaVE Database Manager to add a few N64 games (Smash64, Cruis’n World, and a few others). And now I am finding that I need more than five controller remaps to be able to comfortably play most of my N64 games.

So I asked this question in the NOOB thread but it didn’t get any response. I figure not many people other than new noobs are helping the noobs and as such nobody really saw it. Regardless it cannot hurt to also ask here where more can see it.

Does anyone know where these controller remaps save to, if we can access them, and any other information you can give me on how this works? I am not new to programming however I am new to Switch homebrew coding. But eventually I would like to make a homebrew that allows us to save more than 5 controller remaps and quickly swap them out for more than five at once. I can get to a homebrew for this much faster than going through the Switch settings and I’m hoping that by doing it this way we can trick Horizon into thinking the modified layout is the stock one so Horizon quits nagging you to switch it back to default every ten minutes.

Thanks for reading, and many many thanks for any info you may be able to provide.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup