Hacking NDS Lite/Flashcarts/WiFi use

jackenbu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a lurker on these forums for a while and the incredible amount of information available has meant that it's never been necesary for me to post. There was once a time when I felt like I understood all the flashcarts and DS models but I'm a bit overwhelmed now by the options and need some advice. My situation:

I have a DS Lite on which I use a CycloDS Evolution and a DSi XL on which I use an acekard 2i. I've never updated the DSi XL's firmware out of fear, even though I understand that there are almost instantaneous fixes. Now I am interested in using one of my two DS systems for internet connection (i am embarrased to admit that it's related to pokemon black...) and before updating my DSi I have a quick question to which I have not been able to find a direct answer to on the forums thus far. As the DS lite doesn't have firmware updates over the WiFi, there would be no changes which would prevent use of my CycloDS later, correct?

Thanks for all the information in the past; I suppose this matter can be resolved with a quick yes or no.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge, there is nothing that Nintendo can do to avoid you using the CycloDS on your DS Lite, wifi or not. Any firmware updates would have come with the DS itself, and none of them block the CycloDS. You can safely use wifi on it for both official cartridges and ROMs (as long as your router is running on WEP which is the only security form the DS/DSLite supports). As for the DSi, I will leave it to more knowledgeable hands to answer that one.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Nah that's what gets them the award
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    These iPads deserve to be trashed.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Maybe only old senoirs would have loved to hear noisy kids
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    But then again, I see kids as a health hazza

rd
    +1
    Their ears would have troubles hearing their loud screeches that they can sleep in peace.
    +1
    @ZeroT21, They lack any common sense because their brain hasn't been fully developed.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    If old people learned how to use tablets more we might get them off the road :tpi:
    +1
    Anyways, I'm off for tonight. See you all later.
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Old people flip tables in anger :P
    I remember The Onion.
  • TheAuraGard @ TheAuraGard:
    YOOO whats this
    If anyone is here please help me with my wii
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Ask nicer