Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,
I am trying to usethis tool today on linux. do you know where the default .cia save location when you hit the floppy icon
It should be in a folder named "Generated" in the same folder as the .jar file.

3DZeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I use windows but it should be in a folder named generated in the location of the program and in that is a folder with the date you made the file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey do you know if the banner.bin is compressed differently then banner tool uses for this tool. Im lost at making banners for this.

ketterer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry guys I meant to say thankyou for replying super quick. I found it right away with your help. I was looking for just a .cia file, not a folder.

For anyone else reading later this saves the .cia files in your home directory in a directory "generated"
~/generated/

SneakyGhost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
youll have to give more info my man. which version of bootstrap, which games, do they work in twl++ dsi++ twloader etc?
I don't know which version of bootstrap, I have Bakugan Battle Brawlers, M&S Olympic Games, Backyard Basketball, Football, and Baseball, Sonic Rush and that's pretty much it. Yes, they do work in dsimenu++, except M&S Winter Olympic Games.(Sorry if this is late)

Mario095

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello you see i follow the tutorial but when i open the game it show me this message, i don't know if i did somethinh wrong

Attachments

• IMG-20181020-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20181020-WA0005.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 256

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it once before without any problems but for some reason it's not working for me now.

I have one rom Disgaea and it's 65,536 Kb but when I follow your directions I get forwader-Disgaea.cia but it's only 1,404 Kb and forwarder-Disgaea.nds 1,390 Kb. I try to install cia but the game doesn't load (white screen). It's working on the compatibility list.

Edit: figured out the size of the cia is normal compared to my other ds games. Not sure why it's white screen.

Edit #2: I noticed the compatibility list says bootstrap versions 9.2 and 10.1 working. Maybe Disgaea is broken now?

Edit #3: tried 10.1 still white screen.

Last edited by ,

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello you see i follow the tutorial but when i open the game it show me this message, i don't know if i did somethinh wrong
at somepoint you didn't follow the tutorial and you didn't put the files where they should be.
That screen is just telling you that can't find the nds-bootstrap.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this method of nds forwarders work with the most recent version of TWiLight Menu++?

This is to forward individual ds games to your 3ds menu. You wouldn't need Twilight Menu++ because both use bootstrap. With this you can just launch your ds games directly without going into Twilight Menu++ or any of the other frontends.

tomasadam3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is to forward individual ds games to your 3ds menu. You wouldn't need Twilight Menu++ because both use bootstrap. With this you can just launch your ds games directly without going into Twilight Menu++ or any of the other frontends.
Ah, I was under the impression that the forwarders were to launch nds games through these applications, thanks for the clarification

leonida88

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,

I am trying to run my dstwo card based on the tutorial but have some issues. I followed every step. Now when I start the installed cia forwarder, the menu of the dstwo cart opens with folder DS. Here I have to choose the game I want to start. What am I doing wrong that the game does not start directly after starting the cia forwarder in my 3ds home menu.

Sorry if this has been already discussed here. I do not have that background to find this information here.

3DZeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I am trying to run my dstwo card based on the tutorial but have some issues. I followed every step. Now when I start the installed cia forwarder, the menu of the dstwo cart opens with folder DS. Here I have to choose the game I want to start. What am I doing wrong that the game does not start directly after starting the cia forwarder in my 3ds home menu.

Sorry if this has been already discussed here. I do not have that background to find this information here.

I know this i had a similar problem with my acekard 2i the solution is that you have to download the correct files for your dstwo cart at the beginning of this thread and replace them inside your sd card. Like when you first set the card up.

Last edited by 3DZeek,

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know this i had a similar problem with my acekard 2i the solution is that you have to download the correct files for your dstwo cart at the beginning of this thread and replace them inside your sd card. Like when you first set the card up.

Indeed. The problem is that today we have so many flashcarts that some of them are actually mislabeled on purpose... So may of the "Dstwo" "R4" "R4i Golc" can be something else than what the label says... It's pretty much a trial and error, i had the same problem till i found that for my flashcart i had to use the version for "R4i RTS"

Let's just take a look at how many variants, clones and fakes...

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Ultimate_Flashcart_Download_Index

Last edited by WildDog,

leonida88

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried multiple times. So I'm sure I have chosen the right files and placed them in the right folder. On the other site, for sc dstwo there are only one version when I'm looking in your link. So with what version can take another try? Has someone here a dstwo which is running and can help me out?

3DZeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the r4 files that works sometimes if your flashcard is a clone

WD is right there are hundreds of clones and when there made the maker grabs the Rong kernal and your dstwo is actually a acekard

Walk me through your prosses and I'll see is we can see what the prob is

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Jut tried it and after DSi splash/health safety upper screen stays black and bottom screen white. Checked SD card directories many times - everything looks ok (I tried few games). SD Card setup (without DS flashcart).
Edit:
Never mind, rom path was wrong.

Last edited by rsc-pl,

rassular

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this require a 64 bit pc? Because when I run it it says it's not compatible. I have a 32 bit pc edit: I'm talking about the forwarder 3ds jar file with making the cia btw

Last edited by rassular,

DoctorMario606

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to play Elite Beat Agents but whenever I try and play it the upper screen just stays black and the bottom screen stays white, what am I doing wrong? Im trying to load it from an SD Card btw

Last edited by DoctorMario606,

diegitx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Im trying to play Elite Beat Agents but whenever I try and play it the upper screen just stays black and the bottom screen stays white, what am I doing wrong? Im trying to load it from an SD Card btw
Same issue happened to me, the trick is that you have to put all your ROMs in /Games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1