RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, if i hold l r down b (i think thats it anyways) while playing a game that was forwarded, it still opens the dsimenu++ menu right? also, if its separate, how can i make games like metal slug that need the enhanced process speed to run smoothly load correctly?
Open "nds-bootstrap.ini", then set BOOST_CPU to 1, but when using DSiMenu++, that number in the .ini will be changed.

able

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open "nds-bootstrap.ini", then set BOOST_CPU to 1, but when using DSiMenu++, that number in the .ini will be changed.
so if i open dsimenu++, change it there, then when i use it in the forwarder ittl be changed?

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a few more questions (Sorry xD)
It seems that running the games from the SD card is not 100% "good", for example Pokemon black even with the AP i still get some bugs.
So i'm trying with the flashcart.

I have a R4i Gold (updated to wood), if i follow the instructions in the first post i get the boot animation and then white screen, but if i use the intructions for R4i Gold Rts, the games works fine and no issues while playing :). I guess this is because my R4i is using wood right?

Also now the games works, but i don't see the boot animation it just shows "loading" and then the game starts. I tried using DISABLEANIMATION = 0 and DISABLE_ANIMATION = 0 but no luck. Is there a fix for this or is a limitation of wood??

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few more questions (Sorry xD)
It seems that running the games from the SD card is not 100% "good", for example Pokemon black even with the AP i still get some bugs.
So i'm trying with the flashcart.

I have a R4i Gold (updated to wood), if i follow the instructions in the first post i get the boot animation and then white screen, but if i use the intructions for R4i Gold Rts, the games works fine and no issues while playing :). I guess this is because my R4i is using wood right?

Also now the games works, but i don't see the boot animation it just shows "loading" and then the game starts. I tried using DISABLEANIMATION = 0 and DISABLE_ANIMATION = 0 but no luck. Is there a fix for this or is a limitation of wood??
It's a limitation of Wood.

GameBoyColor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use an older version? Whenever I launch the .jar, it always created forwarders with the newest version of nds-bootstrap, but I'd like to use a prior version if possible.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use an older version? Whenever I launch the .jar, it always created forwarders with the newest version of nds-bootstrap, but I'd like to use a prior version if possible.
nds-bootstrap is separate from the forwarder files, so you can just download an old version, though if there's two .nds files in the 7z file (the other .nds file having "SDK5"), then it won't work.

Hautis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No. The pack contains an outdated nds-bootstrap version.
It's the only way I can get the forwarders to really launch the games :o
I updated DSiMenu++ to v6.2.1 and the forwarders won't launch the games anymore. Is there any fox for this?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the only way I can get the forwarders to really launch the games :o
I updated DSiMenu++ to v6.2.1 and the forwarders won't launch the games anymore. Is there any fox for this?
The pack now contains the latest nds-bootstrap version.
The games should work with it.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I decided to update the nds-bootstrap files (renamed them to release-bootstrap.nds like they are in the nds-bootstrap.ini and everything) but Pokemon Platinum and Black just white screen. Is this a forwarder issue or the new release broke compatibility? 10.2 works fine, which is what I was using up until now. Remaking the forwarders doesn't change a thing, still issue is that the "nds-bootstrap wasn't found, running without patches". Any help?

EDIT: NOTHING works for me on the latest versions, while everything that I care about (eg: Pokemon) works just fine on up to 11.2. What's the cause?

Last edited by ThoD,

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I decided to update the nds-bootstrap files (renamed them to release-bootstrap.nds like they are in the nds-bootstrap.ini and everything) but Pokemon Platinum and Black just white screen. Is this a forwarder issue or the new release broke compatibility? 10.2 works fine, which is what I was using up until now. Remaking the forwarders doesn't change a thing, still issue is that the "nds-bootstrap wasn't found, running without patches". Any help?

EDIT: NOTHING works for me on the latest versions, while everything that I care about (eg: Pokemon) works just fine on up to 11.2. What's the cause?

You should download the "DS Game Forwarder pack (3DS SD Card).7z" again since Robz8 updated the files to the last version of nds-boostrap, copy the "_nds" folder to root of the SD as usual and don't rename any files. Yes the .ini mentions it will load "release-bootstrap.nds" but if you rename nds-boostrap-release.nds" you will only white screen.
I just tried running Black 1,2 and platinum and they work just fine

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You should download the "DS Game Forwarder pack (3DS SD Card).7z" again since Robz8 updated the files to the last version of nds-boostrap, copy the "_nds" folder to root of the SD as usual and don't rename any files. Yes the .ini mentions it will load "release-bootstrap.nds" but if you rename nds-boostrap-release.nds" you will only white screen.
I just tried running Black 1,2 and platinum and they work just fine
The only thing that changed in the "new" pack is that it had the latest release, exact same thing as I had done, just did it manually. I white screened regardless of name (because I DID try with the original name) but still nothing. 11.2 works perfectly fine if renamed, so pretty sure the issue was something other than the name. When I got the message that it couldn't find nds-bootstrap, I had the 12.2 release BOTH named as "release-bootstrap.nds" AND "nds-bootstrap-release.nds" just to be safe but neither worked, so it wasn't the name. I'll just stick with 11.2 where everything works fine if renamed to "release-bootstrap.nds", just was curious why 12.x wouldn't work...

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only thing that changed in the "new" pack is that it had the latest release, exact same thing as I had done, just did it manually. I white screened regardless of name (because I DID try with the original name) but still nothing. 11.2 works perfectly fine if renamed, so pretty sure the issue was something other than the name. When I got the message that it couldn't find nds-bootstrap, I had the 12.2 release BOTH named as "release-bootstrap.nds" AND "nds-bootstrap-release.nds" just to be safe but neither worked, so it wasn't the name. I'll just stick with 11.2 where everything works fine if renamed to "release-bootstrap.nds", just was curious why 12.x wouldn't work...

Use the "new" version and it will work. I'm using it right now.

Last edited by WildDog,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-