[NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Robz8, May 11, 2016.

1. CheddaGuap

CheddaGuap Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2018
    United States
    Will this work with PKSM? ...meaning can i transfer my pokemons from Black 2 to PKSM then to USUM? And no im not spending money for Pokebank. I ask because you cant do it with Twilightmenu++

2. NitroHedgehog

NitroHedgehog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    Canada
    I just tried this, and it partially works. Most of my dumped games boot, but 6 other games have a black screen on top and a white screen on the bottom. How do I fix that? I checked the checklist and all games are compatible with the forwarders. I'm using my SD Card BTW.

3. Rolo_Rojo

Rolo_Rojo Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    Brazil
    Hello! First time using Forwarder. I have done all the steps, but the result is always the same: Forwarder does not create .cia files, only .nds (I tried Soul Silver, called SS.nds, I shortened the name in case that was the error). The final file is called forwarder-SS.nds
    Also, I create the Forwarder3-DS folder in the hard drive and run the .jar file from there.
    This is the information:
    Target is 3DS SD Card
    "Update templates" and "automatically set ROM path" are enabled. I check and uncheck the TID option (I have tried both).
    I drag and drop the nds file from the SD card to Forwarder, located on my PC. The path is roms/nds/*.nds
    OS is Windows 10, 32 bits.
    Java updated 1.8.0_191-b12
    Help me. What am I doing wrong?

4. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    Regarding cheat codes, I was able to get cheats running on my R4i 3DS Gold Plus.

Here is the cheat db that I'm using

Copy an up to date cheat db file to '/_rpg/cheats/usrcheat.dat'
    Edit '_wfwd/globalsettings.ini' to include 'cheats = 1' at the bottom
    Launch your flashcard normally and configure cheats for games

Once you have cheats set for games, use return to the 3DS home menu and launch a forwarder to test. Allow the forwarder to launch the flashcard and game, then verify that your cheats are enabled still. For me, they were. I did not have to manually patch roms with cheats since this method worked!

Last edited by juggernaut911, Dec 5, 2018 - Reason: clarify and cleanup
  5. Erencikefe

Erencikefe Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2018
    Turkey
    İstanbul, Türkiye
    I can't open the jar file?

6. UnwantedFortune

UnwantedFortune Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Alright, everything worked as it should, the two games I wanted are successfully installed onto my N2DS. Only problem is when I start them it says the following.

Start failed. Error 1
    Bootstrap not found.
    Running without patches.

Press start...

However, pressing start does nothing and the screens stay blank. I assume the issue is that I don't have a bootstrap. Where am I supposed to be getting this? I didn't use a flashcart, if that's useful information.

A follow up question as well, is the .forwarders folder generated by the application something I need to be putting on the root of my SD Card?

Thanks.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I don't know if this is useful at all, but here's a screenshot of my SD Card's contents.

SD Card Root

7. UnwantedFortune

UnwantedFortune Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Found this on the thread, thought this might be what I need. I tried putting the bootstrap.nds on my SD Card, nothing changed, but it might be because I didn't use the .ver included in this, however I don't have the folder it wants me to put that file into so I didn't bother with it. Am I just completely missing something here?

8. UnwantedFortune

UnwantedFortune Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    United States
    Did some more looking around on my own to see if I could fix the problem. Still have no idea what the issue is. I went ahead and put the .forwarders folder on my SD Card just in case I need it though I'm pretty sure I don't as nothing changes yet again. I read somewhere on this thread that the Forwarder Pack came with a Bootstrap, and I looked through all the different forwarders listed on the Original Post and was unable to find a bootstrap inside any of them. Haven't made any progress. Would love to learn.

I hope this doesn't seem as if I'm trying to demand help, I'm aware that this is a forum after all, I know people don't dedicate themselves to specifically helping people like me, but I could definitely use some help if anyone has any idea what's going on.

I'm posting again because bump and also to share what I've tried so far.