RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that's how this thing worked, by running a payload that modified the SD card in the flash card.
Correct, the payload creates/modifies the YSMenu.ini file in the flashcard's microSD card root. Now that you tell me, I guess the .DAT file(s) are kinda like payloads.
Soon, for the original R4, the payload(s) will be the CIAs.

Also, DS-Mode DSiWare (or DSWare?) cannot read NAND or SD, just Slot-1, just to let y'all know.

Burnout600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess a PSA for anyone who didn't already know: The 3DS has a hard limit of 40 total DSiWare titles you can install. You can install more obviously, but they won't show up on the home menu, or existing ones will vanish until you delete them.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Correct, the payload creates/modifies the YSMenu.ini file in the flashcard's microSD card root. Now that you tell me, I guess the .DAT file(s) are kinda like payloads.
Soon, for the original R4, the payload(s) will be the CIAs.

Also, DS-Mode DSiWare (or DSWare?) cannot read NAND or SD, just Slot-1, just to let y'all know.
How do I get my own code in there then?

I guess a PSA for anyone who didn't already know: The 3DS has a hard limit of 40 total DSiWare titles you can install. You can install more obviously, but they won't show up on the home menu, or existing ones will vanish until you delete them.
That's unfortunate, do you know of a mod to fix that?

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Bobesh8, I need your help again xD
First of all: My dreams are real ^^. All my favorite dumped ds games (right, they are all Dumped from bought cartridges) are now a shortcut!!
f9e6aebbd9b53edadacac788a70f1e6d.jpg

But here's the problem: My 4 DSi enchanted games (black, black 2, white and white 2) are crashing instantly. All ds standard games and Homebrew work perfectly. When I launch the black 2 shortcut with fbi, it loads perfectly. Do we need patches? Or is there a way to start it?

Thanks.

Gesendet von meinem LG G5 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: RocketRobz

1vanchom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question... when you said the original R4... you mean that one that only works for NDS and NDSL and has autoboot?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay I found the problem. It's a solution for everyone.
Apparently Forwarder3ds reads the wrong TIDs in games that were released after 2009. Those games doesn't work with their tids, you have to change the TID with one of the list.

Gesendet von meinem LG G5 mit Tapatalk
Well. It reads the TIDs just alright. That's the part where you should change the TID for one of the white list.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get my own code in there then?
YS-Menu Auto-Boot ROM path setter (payload) Source Code here. That's where your code can be.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quick question. Might buy a new flashcard soon, what's the best one that works with this forwarder?
I'm guessing an R4i SDHC RTS, but since a version of Forwarder3-DS is coming with original R4 support, I guess buy that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: G'night