RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man. I actually had this problem for about the last week. I fixed mine by kind of removing everything that wasn't NDS roms from my card then putting on the firmware (either the standard firmware or Twilightmenu++) and then using only the files from the Forwarder CIA's only folder. Whenever I install the files from Twilightmenu it breaks with a description like yours. My guess is that the Twilightmenu that comes in the flashcard pack isn't as updated as the Twilightmenu that is available now.
The forwarder packs do not come with TWiLight Menu++ at all. It's possible they're overwriting the autoboot files for TWLMenu++ though.

zychion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys. I've got a little problem in that every time I start a game that I have set to run in Widescreen, it returns to the home screen and I have to select it again. After the second launch it works fine. Is this normal? I haven't seen anyone talking about widescreen for a few pages.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys. I've got a little problem in that every time I start a game that I have set to run in Widescreen, it returns to the home screen and I have to select it again. After the second launch it works fine. Is this normal? I haven't seen anyone talking about widescreen for a few pages.
The reboot function in DS(i) mode doesn't work properly on some O3DS/O2DS consoles for whatever reason.

zychion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The forwarder packs do not come with TWiLight Menu++ at all. It's possible they're overwriting the autoboot files for TWLMenu++ though.
Not that it matters but what is the difference between the Forwarder CIA's Only and the TWiLight Menu++ folder? What is each one for. I formatted my R4 SD card when TWiLight Menu++ 24 came out and it took me a little while to get forwarders working again. I remade the CIA's. I installed different versions of TWiLight and Wood but found that if I use the Forwarder CIA folder and not the TWiLight folder, it would work.

zychion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reboot function in DS(i) mode doesn't work properly on some O3DS/O2DS consoles for whatever reason.
I have a New3DSXL. The Monster Hunter 4 special edition. Is there something I should be updating it is it something you think I'll be needing to live with.

By the way, as you're replying directly to me, I'd love to say thank you for all your fantastic work on the Bootstrap and TWiLight and probably everything else you've helped with but don't know about.

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New3DSXL. The Monster Hunter 4 special edition. Is there something I should be updating it is it something you think I'll be needing to live with.
I just remembered that you can't use widescreen with flashcards. You can only use it with games on the console's SD.

zychion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just remembered that you can't use widescreen with flashcards. You can only use it with games on the console's SD.
This is where it may get ugly. I have some forwarders pointing to my flashcard. These are the games that don't support widescreen and roms that aren't bootstrap compatible like Golden Sun and therefore use my Flashcards Firmware (But I actually have TWiLightMenu++ installed). Then I have forwarders pointing to roms that are on the internal SD card. These are the roms that have Widescreen support like Metroid Hunters and FFCCEchoes. All the forwarders work. I have to have save games in two different places but otherwise they work completely as intended.

The only problem I have is that if I set one of the ROMS that are located on my internal microSD to use Widescreen, the game will prepare to launch, return to the home screen and then once I launch it again it will open in Widescreen as intended. Like I said, not a big problem. It's as if the game has to be launched once to set Widescreen and prepare the TwlBg.cxi and then it works on the following boot as intended.

giuscrab

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't open Forwarder3DS.jar and get "Fehler: Hauptklasse com.olmectron.forwarder.Forwarder3DS konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden
Ursache: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application" when I try to run it via cmd. I got the newest version of Windows 10 and have Java 8 Update 321 (64-bit) and Java (TM) SE Development Kit 17.0.2 (64-bit) isntalled. Please help!

Arpelo

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
When I download Forwarder3-DS, I just get a .jar file. Is there any way to use the app like in this how to make forwarder ds for 3ds video of yours? (The one you posted on the 1st page i cant send the link because of spam).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I download Forwarder3-DS, I just get a .jar file. Is there any way to use the app like in this how to make forwarder ds for 3ds video of yours? (The one you posted on the 1st page i cant send the link because of spam).
Did you install Java?

Arpelo

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It doesn't work it just shows a white screen when i load the cia on the 3DS. and yes I have the .nds files in _nds>ntr-forwarder>sdcard.nds Am I missing something? It doesn't say file not found It just gives me a white screen (The games are compatible I checked)

Last edited by Arpelo,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work it just shows a white screen when i load the cia on the 3DS. and yes I have the .nds files in _nds>ntr-forwarder>sdcard.nds Am I missing something? It doesn't say file not found It just gives me a white screen (The games are compatible I checked)
Does any DS mode software work? (DS Download Play, cartridges, TWiLight Menu++, etc)

If not try running TWLFix (and remember to system updater afterwards).

If it is just forwarders then I'm not sure exactly what would cause that... Perhaps try a YANBF forwarder instead.

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone ever gotten a red top screen? I installed GTA: Chinatown Wars, the game load's like it should, but just before the main-menu loads I get a red top screen.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone ever gotten a red top screen? I installed GTA: Chinatown Wars, the game load's like it should, but just before the main-menu loads I get a red top screen.
Make sure the AP-fix pack is up to date, by following the AP-fix part in the first post.
You might need to update nds-bootstrap as well.

Reactions: RookieKid

Pretendeavor_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, thank you for providing this tool! I set up a bunch of forwarders succesfully on my new 3ds XL, but I was wondering about the BOOST_CPU (and BOOST_VRAM) settings in nds-bootstrap.ini (located in SD card root/_nds/).

When using the forwarders to start games and then checking the in-game nds-bootstrap menu, I noticed all DSi enhanced games default to 133 MHz clock speed and the VRAM setting shows 'DS mode'. All DS games default to 67 MHz and 'DS mode'.
I tried to change the default clock speed to 133 MHz for all titles by setting BOOST_CPU = 1 in nds-bootstrap.ini, as suggested by your guide, but this does not seem to work. After saving this setting and starting a DS game through a forwarder, the in-game menu shows 67 MHz again. After closing the game and checking out nds-bootstrap.ini again, it seems it set itself back to BOOST_CPU = 0. Similarly, setting BOOST_VRAM = 1 and opening any DS/DSi game via the home menu still shows it set to 'DS mode' in the in-game menu, and afterwards nds-bootstrap.ini shows BOOST_VRAM = 0 again.
I'm unsure how much BOOST_VRAM actually affects things, but I do want to set 133 MHz as the default clock speed for all DS games.
The only way for forwarded DS games to use 133 MHz seems to be to hold Y when starting them and setting it manually per game, creating ini files in _nds/ntr-forwarder/gamesettings. I tried using TWiLight Menu++ to adjust per game settings, which is pretty fast, but it seems that starting games from the home menu does not use the TWiLight Menu++ per-game settings.

In short, is it intended that BOOST_CPU = 1 reverts back to BOOST_CPU = 0 in nds-bootstrap.ini after starting any forwarded game? Is there a way to change the default global settings for forwarded games? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I fully reinstalled the latest releases before doing any of this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.