Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

L0ST5ILVER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After I installed all the CIA's, nothing appears on my 3ds homepage.
I will also note all the DS cias I made are exactly 235kb in size. What the hell did I do wrong?!

Almightypyro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restart your 3ds and then the rom should appear

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try checking the FAQs.
I have good news I figured out the issue it turns out i didn't have the Automatically Set Rom Path Checked but it the roms seem to work now! Thank you for developing this amazing App!

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Using this after ages and got some issues with some games that supposedly are supported...

First off, the Pokemon Black forwarder, no matter what I try, will always be blank, game works fine though, so just looks weird on the menu... After that, KH 358/2 Days blackscreens me after difficulty selection on all versions (EU or US), even with AP patch and multiple versions of the ROM tested, ALL of which work fine on no$gba. Finally, Ranger Guardian Signs just blackscreens for me as soon as I hit New Game, even though there's not supposed to be an AP patch needed and compatibility list says it works (although considerably outdated since it seems it was tested around version 18 of nds-bootstrap...

Final issue is that, unlike back in the day when I used this, when closing a game the system for whatever reason loads the chainloader apps from normal boots if you set them to auto, this is particularly annoying since I have Decrypt9 set to launch on auto if I don't load GM9 manually, so half the time it just loads D9.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using this after ages and got some issues with some games that supposedly are supported...

First off, the Pokemon Black forwarder, no matter what I try, will always be blank, game works fine though, so just looks weird on the menu... After that, KH 358/2 Days blackscreens me after difficulty selection on all versions (EU or US), even with AP patch and multiple versions of the ROM tested, ALL of which work fine on no$gba. Finally, Ranger Guardian Signs just blackscreens for me as soon as I hit New Game, even though there's not supposed to be an AP patch needed and compatibility list says it works (although considerably outdated since it seems it was tested around version 18 of nds-bootstrap...

Final issue is that, unlike back in the day when I used this, when closing a game the system for whatever reason loads the chainloader apps from normal boots if you set them to auto, this is particularly annoying since I have Decrypt9 set to launch on auto if I don't load GM9 manually, so half the time it just loads D9.
All those game you mentioned need an AP-patch, though they're supposed to be patched on-the-fly.
Please upload "nds-bootstrap.ini" from "sd:/_nds/".

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
All those game you mentioned need an AP-patch, though they're supposed to be patched on-the-fly.
Please upload "nds-bootstrap.ini" from "sd:/_nds/".
Black is AP patched and works fine, it's just the icon on the home menu showing blank, game still runs. For KH, I've AP patched it multiple times with different clean ROMs and none work on the actual system, but run on no$gba. As for Guardian Signs, I can't find an AP patch for it and it's not mentioned in the compatibility list, can you link me to the patch?

Stupid file refuses to upload, so I'm just posting the content:
[NDS-BOOTSTRAP]
BOOST_CPU = 0
BOOST_VRAM = 0
DSI_MODE = 0
NDS_PATH = sd:/NDS/Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs USA.nds
SAV_PATH = sd:/NDS/saves/Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs USA.sav
DONOR_SDK_VER = 0
GAME_SOFT_RESET = 0
PATCH_MPU_REGION = 0
PATCH_MPU_SIZE = 0
CARDENGINE_CACHED = 0
CONSOLE_MODEL = 2
LANGUAGE = -1
Last game I loaded was GS, so yeah... I'm using O2DS.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black is AP patched and works fine, it's just the icon on the home menu showing blank, game still runs. For KH, I've AP patched it multiple times with different clean ROMs and none work on the actual system, but run on no$gba. As for Guardian Signs, I can't find an AP patch for it and it's not mentioned in the compatibility list, can you link me to the patch?

Stupid file refuses to upload, so I'm just posting the content:

Last game I loaded was GS, so yeah... I'm using O2DS.
I tried fixing the code.
Try re-downloading the forwarder pack.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried fixing the code.
Alright, don't know what you did really, but everything works great now, thanks a ton! Found an AP patch for EU version of Guardian Signs on the download section on here so switched ROM regions to use that one just to be on the safe side. The 4223 version of KH didn't work, so switched to 4225 (basically updated US version instead of original version) and works great, so for anyone having issues with KH, just use the 4225 Xenophobia version and it works wonders! Anyways, time for me to go enjoy those gems from my childhood again, missed them:D

Reactions: RocketRobz

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried fixing the code.
Alright, don't know what you did really, but everything works great now, thanks a ton! Found an AP patch for EU version of Guardian Signs on the download section on here so switched ROM regions to use that one just to be on the safe side. The 4223 version of KH didn't work, so switched to 4225 (basically updated US version instead of original version) and works great, so for anyone having issues with KH, just use the 4225 Xenophobia version and it works wonders! Anyways, time for me to go enjoy those gems from my childhood again, missed them:D

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did was reading the ROM after switching to the ROM directory, instead of before switching.

With that said, the forwarder pack has been updated, to those who haven't yet updated!
It is recommended to update to avoid some freezes or other issues.
To do so, download it from the first post, and extract!

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: Zense and ThoD

zeldaman33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if this has been responded yet but here it goes, when i start a game i get a top white screen and a lower black screen that says "start failed. error 1 SD card template not found"
how do i fix this?

Daisako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thanks for the application, it makes things a lot cleaner for organization.

Anyways, I was wondering (I looked around and couldn't find an answer, sorry if this has been addressed before) if there is any way to make the forwarder utilize the per-game settings in the _nde\TWiLightMenu\gamesettings\ folder. Most of my games seem to work fine by default but my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games had to have some per-game tweaks which in TWiLightMenu allow them to boot correctly but the CIA forwarder doesn't seem to be loading those settings. I am on a 2DS (phat model) using an SD Card

Thanks again.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if this has been responded yet but here it goes, when i start a game i get a top white screen and a lower black screen that says "start failed. error 1 SD card template not found"
how do i fix this?
Rule of thumb, never skip Part 1 of the instructions.
First of all, thanks for the application, it makes things a lot cleaner for organization.

Anyways, I was wondering (I looked around and couldn't find an answer, sorry if this has been addressed before) if there is any way to make the forwarder utilize the per-game settings in the _nde\TWiLightMenu\gamesettings\ folder. Most of my games seem to work fine by default but my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games had to have some per-game tweaks which in TWiLightMenu allow them to boot correctly but the CIA forwarder doesn't seem to be loading those settings. I am on a 2DS (phat model) using an SD Card

Thanks again.
Nope, there is currently no way.

Darth AT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 293 pages of comments, I apologia for not reading through all of them. My question is, can I create an emulator forwarder for (mGBA, SNES9x, VirtualNES, etc) like the WII has?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are 293 pages of comments, I apologia for not reading through all of them. My question is, can I create an emulator forwarder for (mGBA, SNES9x, VirtualNES, etc) like the WII has?
This is for NDS games ONLY. If you want other systems, use NSUI.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The SD forwarder pack has been updated again!
  • nds-bootstrap v0.30.0 is included.
  • `srBackendId.bin` is now created at `sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/`, needed to soft-reset a DS(i) game.
As always, download the pack from the first post, and extract!
Automatic resets like beating the League on Pokemon work fine, but manual (L+R+Select+Start) crash for me with svcBreak exception... Just tried on HG, Platinum and Black, am I doing something wrong? I haven't remade the forwarders if that's it, just updated nds-bootstrap...

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Automatic resets like beating the League on Pokemon work fine, but manual (L+R+Select+Start) crash for me with svcBreak exception... Just tried on HG, Platinum and Black, am I doing something wrong? I haven't remade the forwarders if that's it, just updated nds-bootstrap...
What version of Luma are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc