Jaden.

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
how_do_i_do_that said:
Jaden. said:
Haven't you been thinking...

Maybe, the save is located at the cart and 3DS?

Then if the card save != 3DS save, it just loads 3DS save?

1: Have you tryed, formatting the 3DS, put the gamecard with the edited .sav and try? Why would I need to format my 3DS for if it is working properly. Have you even tried looking on the SD card for a save file or a bin file. Do you even have a 3DS to begin with.
2: Where you exactly get the .sav? .o From the cart.

Can't you use the adaptor to get the ROM? Nobody has done it yet so the answer is no.

Yes, i have a 3DS. I also know that saves are stored on cart. But well, have you been trying... To put the EDITED SAVE in the cart and play the game in a console that DIDN'T run that game yet?

Don't get mad, i'm trying to help
smile.gif

kidpack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nekoakuma said:
Alright sweet. Will try now.

Setup:

NDS Adaptor Plus - FW 3.01
Ridge Racer 3D JPN (LNA-CTR-ARRJ-JPN)
JPN Black 3DS

Method: Checking for instances of 'Aaron' (via going to Single Play -> Grand Prix)

Test#1 - Ridge Racer 3D Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiuytrewq Insert.sav
Results: Says Aaron still

Test #2 - Ridge Racer 3D Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiuytrewq.sav
Results: Still says Aaron.

Test#3 - Ridge Racer 3D Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnmnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiuytrewq.sav without SD card in slot.
Results: Still says Aaron

Test #4 - Ridge Racer 3D Harry.sav
Results: Still says Aaron.

Test #5 - Ridge Racer 3D.sav (it's an older backup. I've played quite a bit since then.)
Results: No changes whatsoever to any of my race stats/records/cars purchased/time played, etc.

Instances where it says Aaron:

WHen you select Grand Prix, it has a welcome message along the lines of "Welcome Aaron" ..."Aaron" then mentions your race history. After this screen when you can select Basic GP, it has 'Aaron' in the nickname tab on the right.
I think that the 3ds save in the system the older save or somes parts like names. If the new save have something wrong like a too long name it delete or ignore the save and put the older info. It is a teory.
What happens if you put the cardgame with the edited save in a 3ds that never used that game before? It is posible that nintendo puts the info in the system with the firmware updates? If it is that so we can wait to new games (and dont update).

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What happens if you do a full-reset of the system and just load the edited save directly from the cartridge?

nekoakuma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. I can't (won't) full reset my system. I've had it since launch in Japan and there's too much time put in it.

2. I can't try my games with other systems because of the region lock.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, after wiping the EEPROM on the cartridge, says gamesave is corrupt and starts from freah (NEW GAME", After then reflashing the EEPROM with my original backup and restarting the game on the 3DS, game loads as normal but gamesave data is no longer there, all data is lost. SO it would seem that the data on the card is somehow coupled with the data on the System/SD card. Either that or... the EEPROM writing hardware isn't working as it should do for 8Mb EEPROM images.

Tested with v3.02 NDS Adapter Plus

So to summarise... Do not backup and replace the game save on your Ridge Racer 3D game cartridge, as it won't work properly afterwards and you would have lost all your data, i lost mine but i only played it for 20 minutes yesterday, no real loss..

cronnos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading the whole thread, I'm still not sure if I can do the following:

Play a 3DS game, backup the save data, sell the game (or lose it), and the in a few months rebuy it, and just load the old save data that was backed up to the new cartridge. This would all be done on the same 3DS.

Can that be done with the NDS Adaptor Plus?

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
I have not had 2 cartridges of the same game, however after looking at other people's save files i would have to say the following is true:

1. Backing up your save from the game. WORKS
2. Restoring save back to game. WORKS

3. Restoring someone elses save to your game. Should work, as long as the region is the same.

Therefore if you backup your game then sell it, then buy the game again later on and restore your save... it should work.

This depends on the following:
1. If the NDS Adapter Plus supports save file extraction of the 3DS game. Most are at this time.
2. Whether or not the save on the cartridge is linked to data on the 3DS, for example Ridge Racer 3DS. If it does, then restoring the game after buying a new cartridge would have to be done before the game is played for the first time. If you play the new Ridge Racer 3DS before restoring the save then from what i observed the data will be re-initialized and you will lose your save. I believe that if the save is restored prior to playing the game for the first time then all should be good.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By the sounds of the Original Post, it sounds as if the Save Structure is quite similar to how it was with Normal DS games, at least that's what I'm getting the impression.

Now, if we can find a way to do this with Zelda.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Nimbus said:
By the sounds of the Original Post, it sounds as if the Save Structure is quite similar to how it was with Normal DS games, at least that's what I'm getting the impression.

Now, if we can find a way to do this with Zelda.

I have been working on getting a modified save to run without problems on the 3DS. Ichichfly has been a great help with this. The thread we're on is: http://gbatemp.net/t303517-hacking-with-3ds-save-deencrypter?

If people want i'll update this thread with information as we complete the tasks. as both threads are alike. The other thread being a little more technical. 16 pages so far so if you want... have a read through to understand where we are in the process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1