1. bobfacemoo

OP bobfacemoo GBAtemp Fan

Hi there.

I have a couple of pokemon repro carts (Platinum and Soul Silver) and would like to know any methods to back up the save files from the cart so I can edit *coughcutecharmglitchcough* them a little.

Running the TWL save tool program just causes Luma to crash and the whole dump thing with loads of letters and numbers comes up (Exception occurred or something) so that's out of the question. It doesn't do this with my legit carts of other games so I know it's the games themselves not my consoles (tried on two different consoles, same thing).

Is there anyway I could extract the save? I don't really know how NDS repro carts handle their saves compared to legit carts.

2. tfocosta

tfocosta GBAtemp Z-Warrior

United Kingdom
    I know you can use GM9 to dump GBA VC save files, but I'm not sure if you can do it with the save files from the NDS game cartridges (legit or repro).

Alternatively, you can always use the tool ndsi savedumper. The latest release (ver. 1.3) works with both legit or repro cartridges. You will need CFW with TWiLight Menu++ if you want to run this tool from your 3DS. :)

Last edited by tfocosta, Aug 11, 2020
    E1ite007 and TurdPooCharger like this.
  3. Jiro2

Jiro2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Um, have you tried FBI?

4. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    @boofacemoo And what about Checkpoint? AFAIK, that homebrew manages saves from DS carts also

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - software, Backing, Repro