Hacking NAND Xorpads

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I grab NAND XORpads from godmode9, can i decrypt my hardmod NAND.bin dump? possibly rebuild it on pc?

i dont know if we are there yet but that would be sweet.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If I grab NAND XORpads from godmode9, can i decrypt my hardmod NAND.bin dump? possibly rebuild it on pc?

i dont know if we are there yet but that would be sweet.
Yeah that's been possible for a while, godmode9 also has the ability to mount a nand image as a virtual nand so you can dump specific files directly on the 3ds itself

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's been possible for a while, godmode9 also has the ability to mount a nand image as a virtual nand so you can dump specific files directly on the 3ds itself

is there an application for PC that can do this? i want to try to rebuild a flashable nand.bin and see if this will revive the system. i can barely get in godmode9 but if i do i suppose ill grab the xor pads

grabbing ctrnand_full.bin.xorpad now

Last edited by VashTS,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XORpads technically aren't needed anymore, since the NAND keys can be obtained from the BootROM and decrypted OTP. I'm not sure if there are any utilities that can make use of these to decrypt the NAND image, though.

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY got the CTRTransfer to finish today to 11.2 but some weird things happened...

system settings still froze up on me
was able to get a nand.fat16.xorpad from decrypt9
first time it booted, it was in spanish...i flashed an 11.2U CTRTransfer file though...
still not booting successfully every time
Luma and the chainloader now boot with just about 100% success (5 out of 5 worked so far)

i was hoping to decrypt the NAND and be able to repair it on PC to the proper setup and then flash back and finally fix this brick. i found this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...t-the-fat16-partition-from-nand-dumps.380101/ but im not sure how much this will help.

i need some guidance on where to go to repair this. i made a hardmod dump of this 11.2. im thinking maybe roll back to 9.2 CTRTransfer?

im not sure whats wrong here but im dying to figure it out.

edit still crashing when using SD card just like before the CTR completed :(

Last edited by VashTS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...