NAND Xorpads

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by VashTS, Jun 8, 2017.

1. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    If I grab NAND XORpads from godmode9, can i decrypt my hardmod NAND.bin dump? possibly rebuild it on pc?

i dont know if we are there yet but that would be sweet.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Yeah that's been possible for a while, godmode9 also has the ability to mount a nand image as a virtual nand so you can dump specific files directly on the 3ds itself

3. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    is there an application for PC that can do this? i want to try to rebuild a flashable nand.bin and see if this will revive the system. i can barely get in godmode9 but if i do i suppose ill grab the xor pads

grabbing ctrnand_full.bin.xorpad now

Last edited by VashTS, Jun 8, 2017
  4. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    XORpads technically aren't needed anymore, since the NAND keys can be obtained from the BootROM and decrypted OTP. I'm not sure if there are any utilities that can make use of these to decrypt the NAND image, though.

5. VashTS
    OP

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    FINALLY got the CTRTransfer to finish today to 11.2 but some weird things happened...

system settings still froze up on me
    was able to get a nand.fat16.xorpad from decrypt9
    first time it booted, it was in spanish...i flashed an 11.2U CTRTransfer file though...
    still not booting successfully every time
    Luma and the chainloader now boot with just about 100% success (5 out of 5 worked so far)

i was hoping to decrypt the NAND and be able to repair it on PC to the proper setup and then flash back and finally fix this brick. i found this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...t-the-fat16-partition-from-nand-dumps.380101/ but im not sure how much this will help.

i need some guidance on where to go to repair this. i made a hardmod dump of this 11.2. im thinking maybe roll back to 9.2 CTRTransfer?

im not sure whats wrong here but im dying to figure it out.

edit still crashing when using SD card just like before the CTR completed :(

Last edited by VashTS, Jun 9, 2017