Hacking NAND Recovery? (I can pay for it)

dingoyabuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm in a predicament here. Yeah I know, I'm new and people may not think I'm worth trusting, but I'm almost desperate at this point, and I need help.

I have a Japanese 3DSXL. I was stupid and I accidentally updated to the newest firmware from 7.1. I have no flashcart (yet), but I do have an MT-Card coming in the mail in a week or two, if that matters.

I do have a backup of the 7.1 NAND. I can no longer use the web browser exploit to recover this backup, probably because I'm on the new firmware. I go to "go.gateway-3ds.com", and nothing happens; I just see the black page saying "Gateway 3DS is loading".

I need to have my 3DSXL downgraded to 7.1 or 4.5 so I can use my MT Card. I can pay $20 to have it done, if hard modding is my only option, since I do not feel comfortable opening the console. I live in the United States, in California.

I really need help here. If someone could direct me to someone in the USA who I could pay to fix my 3DS, too, that would also be great. Thank you so much in advance. I know this is a long shot, but there's not much I can do.

dingoyabuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your only option is hard mod.

It appears so.. I really don't feel comfortable opening up my 3DSXL, and apparently only particular SD adapters work. I have no prior soldering experience, and I don't want to risk breaking the console. I'm looking at selling the console and buying another one with a lower firmware if I can't find anyone who can downgrade/restore the NAND of mine.

dingoyabuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone else said that when I was googling around. I want to look into that more, but at the same time, I already have a flashcart coming anyways. And also, do you know if my firmware would matter if I used whatever method there is to play 3DS roms without a flashcart? Because if so, I would be very interested.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Adeka

dingoyabuki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that link. Although it wouldn't work in my scenario right now because of my firmware, it's quite useful, and hopefully I'll be able to try it some time.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that link. Although it wouldn't work in my scenario right now because of my firmware, it's quite useful, and hopefully I'll be able to try it some time.

The person I linked you to is a very trusted member of GBAtemp and has done both my 3ds xl and n3ds xl. I would contact them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1