Hacking Question NAND Backup, do i have to use my own?

Jalink9406

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A "clean" backup is not a "safe" backup.
Cleanliness isn't just what's important, continuity seems to be important as well.
As people HAVE been banned for CLEARING their logs.

I'd think that even if you had a clean backup of your OWN Switch
(made BEFORE any cfw/homebrew/nsp/xci),
but you restored it AFTER you've been online after that backup was made,
you MIGHT still get banned, because some logs will disappear (and it will look to Nintendo like you rolled back your logs).

Imo the only way to be properly safe, banwise, with your Switch (barring the obvious option of not hacking it), is:
  • make a NAND backup BEFORE any cfw/SXos/homebrew/nsp/xci
  • ALWAYS be offline since this backup was made, I'd say DELETE ALL your internet connections
  • if you EVER want to go online, RESTORE your NAND backup first
  • and make a NEW NAND backup when you're going back offline again to use cfw/etc

This is exactly what I've been thinking. You should never be online (even on OFW with no CFW/homebrew) between a nand backup and its restoration because Nintendo may receive your logs with new info and restoring a previous nand with less/different logs will just confirm them you've hacked your console.

In my case, I first deleted my internet settings, then did my nand backup, booted CFW and played some installed nsps OFFLINE for a few days. I restored the nand and no ban so far, I've been playing my legit games online with no problem.

Reactions: bundat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1