Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a broken Nintendo switc I would like to backup the NAND and emuNand of. However, I don't have access to a switch that can boot into hekate. I am requesting to commission someone to take my switch and transplant the NAND chip and SD card into their working switch to take a backup of both the NAND and emuNand so that I can recover my save files. I will cover all shipping costs. I do not know what an appropriate service fee would be, so that can be negotiated. Please respond to this post or send me a message if interested. Continental US only please.

Nerdtendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well too bad then. What your asking is pretty useless.
Lmao it's literally not. I have done this on another switch before. You can transplant the still good NAND chip into a working and hackable switch and backup the entire nand. From there, you can use a NxNandManager to decrypt the save files.

May as well describe what exactly is broken, did you damaged the board? Dead EMMC?
Board damage. It happened months ago but iirc, broken caps around the APU.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Lmao it's literally not. I have done this on another switch before. You can transplant the still good NAND chip into a working and hackable switch and backup the entire nand. From there, you can use a NxNandManager to decrypt the save files.

Board damage. It happened months ago but iirc, broken caps around the APU.
That is true if you have your keys to decrypt the NAND but you don't.
Another thing, you don't need another switch to read your NAND since a card reader can do that so I don't get the purpose of this.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the step I'm working towards. I do not have the dumped keys

I don't think you understand how encryption works. Yes you can plug the NAND into another Switch or even computer and "read" it. But if you don't have the encryption keys you can't decrypt it. That's kind of the point of encryption, to prevent what you're describing.

Reactions: Hayato213

Nerdtendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you understand how encryption works. Yes you can plug the NAND into another Switch or even computer and "read" it. But if you don't have the encryption keys you can't decrypt it. That's kind of the point of encryption, to prevent what you're describing.
Trust me. I am more than familiar with the world of encryption. It is possible that I am incorrectly recalling how NAND dumps work. In my mind, dumping the NAND from hekate gives you an unencrypted dump. Even so, are the keys not also stored on the emummc chip? It was a long time ago when I pulled this stunt off the first time so I guess it's possible I've forgotten some steps.

Regardless, I've got it sorted out now with another user and my saves should be rescued soon

Reactions: l7777

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up