Namco founder has passed away

Capture.JPG

The founding father of one of the pillars of the gaming industry has been lost.

Bandai Namco has released the news that Masaya Nakamura passed away on Sunday, January 22 at the age of 91. The news of his death was withheld until after the services at the request of the deceased. A “Farewell Gathering” to remember Nakamura is planned for a later date.

It was in 1955 that Nakamura established Nakamura Manufacturing, and later renamed it to Nakamura Amusement Machine Manufacturing Company or “Namco.” The company later merged with Bandai in 2005.

Many figures of the gaming industry are mourning his loss and expressing their sorrow, like Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada who said in a tweet: " I'm in shock. From the time I joined he was like a god for me. I wish your soul rest in peace".

:arrow: SOURCE

D

Deleted User

The founding father of one of the pillars of the gaming industry has been lost.

Bandai Namco has released the news that Masaya Nakamura passed away on Sunday, January 22 at the age of 91. The news of his death was withheld until after the services at the request of the deceased. A “Farewell Gathering” to remember Nakamura is planned for a later date.

It was in 1955 that Nakamura established Nakamura Manufacturing, and later renamed it to Nakamura Amusement Machine Manufacturing Company or “Namco.” The company later merged with Bandai in 2005.

Many figures of the gaming industry are mourning his loss and expressing their sorrow, like Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada who said in a tweet: " I'm in shock. From the time I joined he was like a god for me. I wish your soul rest in peace".

:arrow: SOURCE
Rest in PAC-Land, Mr. Nakamura :cry:. We will always miss you and admire what you have done for the video game industry.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

He lived on for 91 years that is an achievement in itself to live for so long and if I hadn't read the age, I'd say he was 60-70 because he for sure took care of himself! Rest in peace, Mr. Nakamura.

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll only play Namco/Bandi Namco games today. Sad, but he lived a full life and helped make video games into the beast the industry is today.

Well, people tend to die sooner or later, specially when they are above 90.
I mean, it is more of a "oh, well", than a "oh my god!"

I agree that it isn't a "Oh my god, no one coulda seen this coming!" type thing, but death really isn't ever an "oh well" kinda thing either. Ya know what mean?

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro