Namco founder has passed away

Capture.JPG

The founding father of one of the pillars of the gaming industry has been lost.

Bandai Namco has released the news that Masaya Nakamura passed away on Sunday, January 22 at the age of 91. The news of his death was withheld until after the services at the request of the deceased. A “Farewell Gathering” to remember Nakamura is planned for a later date.

It was in 1955 that Nakamura established Nakamura Manufacturing, and later renamed it to Nakamura Amusement Machine Manufacturing Company or “Namco.” The company later merged with Bandai in 2005.

Many figures of the gaming industry are mourning his loss and expressing their sorrow, like Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada who said in a tweet: " I'm in shock. From the time I joined he was like a god for me. I wish your soul rest in peace".

:arrow: SOURCE

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rest In Peace, you although i didn't know it until now, have made one of the best things in my life: pac-man possible... although it's ate, really wishes all who surrounded you in life peace and love...

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nooo, you still owe me Klonoa 3! Come back!

M'kay, I'm joking, but this is sad news. I had lots of fun with Namco games... Anybody ever played Rescue Shot?
Still, Namco was dead since when Konami bought it.

Waaait, I now get it that I got it wrong. It's Hudson that got bought by Konami.
You all have my approval to laugh at me.

Last edited by DarkCoffe64, , Reason: Still an idiot
D

Deleted User

Namco today ain't really doing anything, but boy did they do a lot of solids over the years. F

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission