Nacon "Revolution Pro" Controller, a Playstation 4 Official licensed product.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    sddefault.jpg

Sony Europe has uploaded a video of the new licesed controller for Playstation 4. Developed by Nacon, the controller called "Revolution Pro" is aimed at Espots players for all the added features and is available for pre-order in europe for 89.99 Which is estimated to be about $113.99 and not sure if it will be avilable in other places yet.

:arrow:SOURCE

Luckkill4u and DeoNaught like this.
  2. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    Oh I've seen renders of this somewhere. The LED around the stick is kind of cool. The price is definitely not cool though. As for eSports go I'd say you basically need a keyboard and mouse. I couldn't see myself playing Overwatch competitivly with a controller because I'd feel too limited. My Razer Deathadder mouse and Corsair Vengeance keyboard are much more customizable than a controller.

I think it's a good idea to give more ability to customize controls though. Something consoles miss compared to PC gaming. It would be nice for this to be a standard one day. Having game profiles for controls was on my want list when the PS4 and XBoxOne were announced.

3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Death adder? That's the name of the final boss in golden axe, lol :P

Seriously if this ends up being the best controller on planet earth, i will scream until i lose my voice like a dragon ball character powering up until infinity :D

Though i mean if is not wireless, i'm a bit concerned, there isn't a lot of third party controllers that are wireless and licensed but cost more than a video game.

4. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I never beat Golden Axe, I'm pretty sure I made it to the last stage, but never fought Death Adder. The controller is appealing because of the joystick. I prefer when the joystick is the predominant thing on the left of a controller, like Xbox, Gamecube, uhhh, everything else, Sony stuck with the D-pad prominence. I got used to it now having a PS4, but I want to go back and see if the feel is right. That price though, I'd rather stick with the default controller, which is pretty great despite the preference. Oh Dragon Ball Z Kai is coming back next month, the Buu Saga, so one can relive the Super Saiyan 3 transformation that lasted half an episode, classic.

5. Luckkill4u

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    You get micro-lag with wireless. If this is advertised towards eSports then I can see why it is wired.

Death Adder is actualy a type of Snake breed. Which a lot of Razer products are based on.

Imo price is a big problem for me. If it was $70-60~ then I'd think hey maybe worth it. For a wired controller with a few extra features then no not for me.

6. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    I wish they would make the trackpad huge

7. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well get used to it, Stuff required to play the games with costing more than games itself :P

I mean we already spend $60 for games +tax and now third party controllers is over $100+ Thats like 3 games on playstation plus discount, plus dlc and enough money left over to buy pizza, soda, chicken and buy a movie on playstation store to watch with the food :creep:

8. Luckkill4u

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    One of the reasons why I pirate quite a few games. It helps me decide if it's really worth the cost. I also mostly buy things on discount. Month ago I bought Overwatch for the PC. Instead of paying $70 from Blizzard I found a CD key provider selling a code for the game for $30. I even social engineered Best Buy to sell me $200 Jaybird X2 Freedom Bluetooth headphones for $130. Yeah I'm that guy always asking for a discount or complaining about pricing. If you want to save money you kinda have to especially in the expensive city I live in.

For me a $120 controller is a joke. I'd buy it if I get a good discount but I can see the markup on the product. I work retail and I know how it works.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  9. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    :creep:

You sound like my kind of conscience guide. :P

Well i mean I would prefer a wireless one but if the controller is living up to expectations is a good thing but i don't believe in paying more than i pay for my games for a controller. But to be fair it has features the original dosen't and is aimed at esports players not common casuals like us. We just need something that works and is comfortable. I still will not pay over 200 for those Arcade fight sticks no matter how much i want it. I'm a budget gamer and not shame to admit it. :creep:

Luckkill4u likes this.
  10. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet

I'll just leave this here

SmellyPirateMonkey likes this.
  11. Takito09

Takito09 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    Mexico
    Having a pro controller is the only reason I have a xbox one. If this come to ps4 i'll definitely change for life

12. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino for Hire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    What an abomination.

13. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    That d-pad is simply atrocious.

14. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    That's terrible. In those cases the standard Xbone controller clearly would be superior to the "elite" version. However, I'm curious as to how true this video is for all elite controller owners, like is this really a normal thing that a large portion of the controllers have. Or were these like the only known controllers to have issues. Cuz if you stack up the few bad ones all in the same video they'll seem like they're all terrible when in reality it may be less than 1% of all elite controllers that have such issues.

15. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    eeeeep! 114 bucks . i'll stick to my regular controller , thanks , but no thanks .

VinLark likes this.