Hardware Actually, you can use a Switch Pro Controller on your Playstation 4 (no acessory required)

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, well, this post won't exactly be a tutorial, but I thought it would be interesting to create.

Recently I was looking for some way to connect my Switch Pro Controller to my PS4 somehow without having to spend money buying some extra accessory, I wanted to connect the switch control on PS4 just using what I had at home.

If you've used Hidtovpad on Wii U to work with the Wireless adapter the end result will look something very similar.

What your need ? :
1º PS4 Remote Play installed on your PC

2º reWASD
( This program is necessary to ''convert'' your Switch Pro Controller to a Xbox 360 controller, I saw people who used ProconXInput but it didn't work for me at all. )

3º Switch Pro Controller
*USB-C Cable ( only if your want to use Wired )
*Bluetooth Adapter ( only if your want to use bluetooth )

4º ViGEm-VDX ( This program is need to "convert" an Xbox 360 controller to a DualShock 4, so you can use an Xbox 360 controller on Remote Play or in our case here a Switch controller. )

I think from now on you can understand the logic.

Basically you will install and configure reWASD and ViGEm-VDX, done that open reWASD, click on the Switch to Xbox 360 Controller option and remap all buttons the way you prefer, so after setting everything up correctly open viGEm VDX if you done correctly it will recognize the Xbox 360 controller in the first slot, change from Xbox 360 Controller to Dualshock 4 and click connect, it will start emulating a PS4 controller, so now open PS4 Remote Play and control your PS4 with Switch control.

reWASD tutorial ( Switch > Xbox 360 )

viGEm tutorial ( Xbox 360 > Switch )

This is my final result :
4Ekaswq.png

I made some videos testing using the Switch Pro Controller on PS4 with Remote Play, the quality unfortunately was not good, but you can see how it turned out.

Testing the PS4 Remote Play with Switch Pro Controller

Batman Arkham Knight test with the Switch Pro Controller

Multiplayer test: FIFA

Multiplayer test: Mortal Kombat X

Cons:

Unfortunately there are some problems with being playing this way.

In Multiplayer it requires two accounts on PS4, for example I used my default account on the PC with Remote Play to log in, and on PS4 using DualShock 4 I connected with my brother's account with both accounts logged in.

PS4 I started FIFA and Mortal Kombt X to make the above videos. Another problem I noticed is that as far as the distance I get from the PC with my Switch Pro Controller connected via Bluetooth ends up having a remarkable input lag when I'm away from my PC.

Anyway ... I'm glad I finally managed to find a way to connect my Switch Pro Controller to my PS4 without needing an additional accessory, now I can even play with my brother on PS4, so I decided to share it here xD Sorry for my english, Brazilian Here.

PS: Now I'm seeing if there's any possibility of doing something like this using an Android Smartphone or a Raspberry Pi, but I haven't found anything about it yet.

PS2: I didn't find any program that makes Switch Pro Controller recognize as a Dualshock 4 on PS4 Remote Play, so the whole process with reWASD is necessary.

PS3: You may be able to plug in any controller on the PS4, if you can get a handle on it as an Xbox 360 controller you can easily use ViGEM to use it on Remote Play.

PS4: You can use a keyboard on PS4 Remote Play if you want, I didn't record video of that but if you use Joytokey after all this process you can use a keyboard instead.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bit too long winded to be worth it.

4/10

Quick Explanation:

Use reWASD to create an Xbox 360 virtual control with the Switch Pro Controller. (Switch> X360)

Then use ViGEm to make this Xbox 360 virtual controller work's like a DualShock 4. (X360> Switch)

Now, open from PS4 Remote Play on your PC, log-in and have fun with your Switch Pro Controller on your PS4.

Reactions: KiiWii

Stealth222

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
You can change result type of virtual device directly in reWASD.
Click icon "Virtual devices" on the right side of reWASD GUI.
Then change type in ComboBox "Virtual gamepads" to "Virtual Dualshock 4".

So you don't need ViGEm and it could remove additional lags.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can change result type of virtual device directly in reWASD.
Click icon "Virtual devices" on the right side of reWASD GUI.
Then change type in ComboBox "Virtual gamepads" to "Virtual Dualshock 4".

So you don't need ViGEm and it could remove additional lags.

I really didn't know this one, thanks so much for the tip xD

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just remembering, The PS Remote Play updated to support the Playstation 5.

It will probably be possible to use the Switch Pro Controller or Xbox controller on the PS5 using this method. (including maybe even using DualShock 4 in PS5 games making the PC think it's a DualSense).

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.