Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
as with all top level soccer it was continual dives and players writhing in agony from slight taps or bumps, only to sprint at full speed minutes later
haha

This is exactly the reason why I can not get into this "sport". Nothing but liars and cheats. If you are caught faking injury it should be automatic expulsion from the game.

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Solid yeah, but 10 it ain't hard to win with 10 USA player on the USA side of the pitch....
Still, terrific match of Onyewu and co.

Have to agree, USA's defence was basically 11 behind the ball (9 to be exact actually), so it's not surprising Spain found it difficult to score, any team would. But Spain were cocky and frankly, played quite badly. Ref was utter shite too.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yo I saw this game, it was EPIC.

Everyone in my living room was shocked and excited at the same time. We are spanish, but damn how the hell usa managed to beat spain I'll never know.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Yo I saw this game, it was EPIC.

Everyone in my living room was shocked and excited at the same time. We are spanish, but damn how the hell usa managed to beat spain I'll never know.
Spain was waiting for the US to choke on the big stage like they always seem to do and as much as i hate to say it, they were a bit sloppy and overconfident at the same time so, spain got the result they deserved. besides this whole thread would be pointless if Spain did show even half the heart and effort + work rate that the US did

on an unrelated note, too bad Busacca wont be the ref for the championship game. Massimo usually calls a pretty even game

kjean

Trophies
Website
homeless
XP
Country
I don't care about soccer. It's baseball season here.
smileipb2.png

kjean

Trophies
Website
homeless
XP
Country
psycoblaster said:
I'm an SK fan but they just lost to KIA.
frown.gif
Really? I saw them playing extra innings while cheering for SK, I'm a fan of the Giants though, but missed the last inning because got tired of watching 2 days of extra innings.
smileipb2.png

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm
Just like how people doubted the US vs Spain?

as long as they dont play with nerves and play the way that they know how to, they will give brazil a run for their money. brazil's back four can be exposed on the counter. if the boys play well and lose then i have no complaints, if they choke? its gonna be a long night

ZER∅

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
USA USA USA

In all seriousness this has been a long time coming for the US national team. Unless i'm mistaken this is our first major cup victory; should of won one by now but hey, better late than never! We have had a quality team for some time now and been in contention in lots of major tournaments and beaten teams that it was generally accepted that we had no right even being on the same pitch with. This is big step for us and maybe, finally, we will get some respect from the rest of the world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i use firefox+ublock