Hacking [N3DSXL B9S] System won't boot. Black screen with sound and hangs up.

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Okay fellow tempers, got a wierd one here.
I have B9Sed N3DSXL. I didn't basically run anything fishy, just opened a lid (console was up and running). It has suspended game (MK7), so I closed it, and turned 3D slider on just to see how it looks. It didn't lock on my face, so I closed and opened it again (RXTools memories can be harmfull sometimes), and accidentialy pressed L and R. Camera start to boot and then system just hangs with error "contact Nintendo blah-blah". I shutted it down then with long powerbutton press, and now it won't boot back.
No splashscreen, however system sound starts to play for a 5 or so seconds while both screens stays black. You can browse menu with buttons and touchscreen, but it hangs shortly thereafter. If I press any buttons in this state - it reboots with same behaviour. Godmode9 boots fine however, so as Luma bootmenu, so screens are fine.
I have Xenoblade and RERevelations saves I'm dying to secure, so...
Please, point me in a right direction...

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it's a hardware issue in this case. Sounds rather like a softbrick to me (especially the freeze and crash part after trying to boot).

Dark Ronin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't think it's a hardware issue in this case. Sounds rather like a softbrick to me (especially the freeze and crash part after trying to boot).
No, it was really the case. Fixed it by detaching camera ribbon. There was some corrosion on it, and one contact damaged heavily, so I won't bother for workaround and just order a new camera module.
But so far thing is alive and kicking again.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
@Dark Ronin
Ah good to hear. I guess the partial malfunction caused the freeze then. But you should check other areas aswell in case there is more corrosion. Sounds like this 3DS had water damage before.

Reactions: Dark Ronin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: