XP
Country
United States

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It would be a much easier/faster. I think you don't even need that now because of the new tool https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-emunand9tool-open-source-emunand-formatter-manager.405921/

Recommend*** Back up sysnand before proceed:-> Install Browserhax-> Run Browserhax -> emunand9tool -> back up sysnand (EMUNAND manager option -> dump sysnand to nand.bin)-> store this nand.bin somewhere safe rather than your mSD.

Optional***: Install OOThax (hax 2.5) onto OOT cartridge for more reliable boot rate than Browserhax. If you have OOTHAX, in the below step, use OOTHAx instead of Browserhax

Installation steps in detail and simple term***: Run Browserhax -> Run Pasta CFW or Mini Pasta -> Run Browserhax again (now in Pasta mode) -> Run FBI homebrew app -> Install FBI cia -> Copy the content of your SD card to laptop/PC -> Run Browserhax -> emunand9tool -> back up sysnand (EMUNAND manager option -> dump sysnand to nand.bin) -> Format EMUNAND (Complete EMUNAND set up -> Format SD (EMUNAND)-> Go to system setting and Format System Memory to unlink NANDs -> Re-set up N3DS -> Re-install Browserhax (if needed)-> Restore/ Copy back the SD content to mSD-> Set up rxTools files mSD-> run Browserhax-> Install menuhax -> Run/first boot installation rxTools -> Profit

and I thought modding my Wii would be difficult :)

Thanks for your tut! If I understand that correctly, then OOThax is just a substitute for browserhax and browserhax is not very reliable?

Do I have to mod my cartridge or the save on it for the hax? I would rather not sacrifize my precious zelda game ;)

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and I thought modding my Wii would be difficult :)

Thanks for your tut! If I understand that correctly, then OOThax is just a substitute for browserhax and browserhax is not very reliable?

Do I have to mod my cartridge or the save on it for the hax? I would rather not sacrifize my precious zelda game ;)
Yes. It's just a substitution for better boot rate.

OOTHAX is a modified save of OOT, so nothing's altered in OOT cartridge hardware.

Believe me, modding 3DS has becoming very much easier than when I first started learning back in June(?) and before that.

The concept can be easily summarize as: Back up original NAND -> Install CIA installer on NAND (to later make EMUNAND CIA installer)-> Create EMUNAND-> Unlink NAND (Optional)-> Install MenuHAx to AutoBoot to CFW (Optional)-> Install CFWs (which use EMUNAND).

If you don't mind using your SYSNAND, this is very straight forward approach: Back up original NAND -> Install Browserhax/OOTHAX-> Install Menuhax to autoboot into Homebrew Launcher (Optional) -> Run Pasta CFW (Install is just drop drag the Pasta CFW 3dsx into 3DS folder on mSD). That's it

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: naddel81

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an unopened (will open this midnight) NN3DSXL with a serial of QW1084. I didn't find this on the list (more info tonight).

EDIT: Hopefully it's hackable (and pirateable/moddable).

Last edited by YugamiSekai,

Swooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an unopened (will open this midnight) NN3DSXL with a serial of QW1084. I didn't find this on the list (more info tonight).

That is almost guaranteed to be >9.2
Highest serial with <=9.2 is QW1037 or QW4025.

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm praying for you. All the best luck with the unwrapping. Make sure you report back.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until either Gateway supports 9.6+ (which im positive they are holding onto it) or someone leaks or releases a new kernel exploit. So all I can say is soon™ :P
Well someone told me modding (HANS most likely) goes up to 10.X. Is that true because I really want to start modding Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol