Hacking N3DS XL Firmware by version number

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujellyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any chance for a white normal New 3DS being on FW < 9.2?
Just bought one (not shipped yet though, so can't give a SN).

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The MH4U XLs didn't have a second run in any region; unopened ones will be on 9.2. The question is whether the non-XL MH4U N3DSes are on an exploitable firmware. Nobody has reported one to date (not even the serial number of one which could be compared to the other N3DSes), so it's unknown what firmware they come with.

What about the blue metallic MH4U LL one (Japan)?

Toupoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, just wanted to thank all of you for the infos. That helped me a lot, I finally found mine waiting for me in a toy shop where I didn't even suspect they were selling new 3ds anyway.

Just like MacGab a few posts up :

N3DS (non-XL) Black
Europe (France)
9.0.0-20E
YEM1006

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Literally signed up, just so I could post this and help you guys out.

Bought this in Canada.
"New" Nintendo 3DS XL (with NFC) - Shiny Red
QW1073 - v 9.6.0 - 24U

Picture link in case if I wrote anything wrong.
http://imgur.com/Ab1grxd

All the stock in Canada is going to be 9.6+. I bought one from Walmart and it was 9.6. Likewise others bought and reported 9.8.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. I got OOT (cartridge version). does this make it any easier (since the tutorial is quite heavy)?
Yes. It would be a much easier/faster. I think you don't even need that now because of the new tool https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-emunand9tool-open-source-emunand-formatter-manager.405921/

Recommend*** Back up sysnand before proceed:-> Install Browserhax-> Run Browserhax -> emunand9tool -> back up sysnand (EMUNAND manager option -> dump sysnand to nand.bin)-> store this nand.bin somewhere safe rather than your mSD.

Optional***: Install OOThax (hax 2.5) onto OOT cartridge for more reliable boot rate than Browserhax. If you have OOTHAX, in the below step, use OOTHAx instead of Browserhax

Installation steps in detail and simple term***: Run Browserhax -> Run Pasta CFW or Mini Pasta -> Run Browserhax again (now in Pasta mode) -> Run FBI homebrew app -> Install FBI cia -> Copy the content of your SD card to laptop/PC -> Run Browserhax -> emunand9tool -> back up sysnand (EMUNAND manager option -> dump sysnand to nand.bin) -> Format EMUNAND (Complete EMUNAND set up -> Format SD (EMUNAND)-> Go to system setting and Format System Memory to unlink NANDs -> Re-set up N3DS -> Re-install Browserhax (if needed)-> Restore/ Copy back the SD content to mSD-> Set up rxTools files mSD-> run Browserhax-> Install menuhax -> Run/first boot installation rxTools -> Profit

Last edited by tivu100,

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So quick question. If I want a north american n3ds with <=9.2 so I can run EMUNAND and access homebrew and, ah, 'game backups' while still being able to play online/access the eshop et cetera, my best option is to try and find an unopened Majora's Mask edition, yes?

Several of the listers on ebay state that the system doesn't come with the game. Does that mean that the n3DS has been updated or reset and has firmware >9.2?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So quick question. If I want a north american n3ds with <=9.2 so I can run EMUNAND and access homebrew and, ah, 'game backups' while still being able to play online/access the eshop et cetera, my best option is to try and find an unopened Majora's Mask edition, yes?

Several of the listers on ebay state that the system doesn't come with the game. Does that mean that the n3DS has been updated or reset and has firmware >9.2?
actually no. Buying a MM n3ds your more likely to get a batch 2 which is over 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Depends everyone mixing their flour now days