Country
Got a new 3DS XL a couple of weeks ago.

Version Number (up to the first 4 digits): QEH1026
Region: EU/PAL
Firmware: 9.4
System Color (checking a hunch): Metallic Black

D

Deleted-355425

edit: just buy cubic ninja if you dont think sky3ds will play the cubic ninja rom.

Killer_Nads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
edit: just buy cubic ninja if you dont think sky3ds will play the cubic ninja rom.

I dont understand? Please can you explain? Im not getting the Sky3ds I'm getting the Gateway! So...

Also i already have the zelda OoT cartridge. So why would i want to buy Cubic Ninja instead? Any difference?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I dont understand? Please can you explain? Im not getting the Sky3ds I'm getting the Gateway! So...

Also i already have the zelda OoT cartridge. So why would i want to buy Cubic Ninja instead? Any difference?
None but you would need something to inject the hacked save into OOT to properly configure GW. After that you don't need the card anymore.

D

Deleted-355425

Oh really, that is not what i knew! Damn. I thought everything was sorted now :( now i have to go looking for exploit games too? Cubic ninja can hardly be found anywhere in uk when i looked online. Just on eBay for £40. Ocarina of time is easier to find, and i may even have a copy at home of it!

BTW, why do i need these? Isn't the Gateway card enough to play downloaded backup games?

From your post above I took it as you can't find a cubic ninja cart or needed an oot cart, hence my suggestion to buy a sky3ds to do the same job. Next time you might want to explain a bit clearer.

Killer_Nads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From your post above I took it as you can't find a cubic ninja cart or needed an oot cart, hence my suggestion to buy a sky3ds to do the same job. Next time you might want to explain a bit clearer.

No worries, it was pretty clear but you probably missed my last few couple of posts when i said i need it for 3ds and e-store games :D

Killer_Nads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
None but you would need something to inject the hacked save into OOT to properly configure GW. After that you don't need the card anymore.

So just to be clear i should just keep to using my OOT cartridge and not bother with CN? Please let me know cause I can find CN in EUR version for £30 right now. But won't get it if its not needed, as i have OOT to do the same thing already :)

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So just to be clear i should just keep to using my OOT cartridge and not bother with CN? Please let me know cause I can find CN in EUR version for £30 right now. But won't get it if its not needed, as i have OOT to do the same thing already :)
Thats correct! Currently you need a OoT or a CN game card to access the GW menu and from there you can downgrade and properly install MSET so you dont need to use the OoT card anymore. Basically if youre a N3DS owner and you plan to use GW you need either a Oot or CN game card to access GWs functionality :lol:

Reactions: Killer_Nads

Killer_Nads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats correct! Currently you need a OoT or a CN game card to access the GW menu and from there you can downgrade and properly install MSET so you dont need to use the OoT card anymore. Basically if youre a N3DS owner and you plan to use GW you need either a Oot or CN game card to access GWs functionality :lol:

ok thank you. I did win the CN in a eBay auction, but will cancel it now as i can just use my OOT. No point in me getting CN...

marksteele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok thank you. I did win the CN in a eBay auction, but will cancel it now as i can just use my OOT. No point in me getting CN...

only reason CN is nicer is because you don't need to put the modified save file on it (it's a QR code). Make sure you have the stuff to do the OOT exploit before you cancel.

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep the won cn and sell oot in my opinion. Oot requires an exploitable old 3ds to work too. Someone correct me if im wrong. CN also provides for a lot of homebrew functionality through something called ninjhax. I recently sold me oot since i can always get a 'copy' now yhat i have gateway. I bough CN. If you dont care about homebrew and have an old exploitable 3ds to get the save onto you oot cart then your fine though.

Reactions: Killer_Nads

marksteele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keep the won cn and sell oot in my opinion. Oot requires an exploitable old 3ds to work too. Someone correct me if im wrong. CN also provides for a lot of homebrew functionality through something called ninjhax. I recently sold me oot since i can always get a 'copy' now yhat i have gateway. I bough CN. If you dont care about homebrew and have an old exploitable 3ds to get the save onto you oot cart then your fine though.

Very true, you can also probably get a higher price for OOT as well since it's not just homebrew people who want it.

Killer_Nads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Very good advice, however to be honest I'm not in particularly interested in home brew only really interested in playing 3DS and E-Store games! Im not sure what i would need to use home-brew for with ninjhax.

Hopefully when you say though that i need an OLD EXPLOITABLE 3DS, you just mean any 3DS that has firmware under 9.2? Is that right? I bought a NEW 3DS XL with firmware 9.0 on it for the Gateway. It should be arriving today!

tipsytoto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very good advice, however to be honest I'm not in particularly interested in home brew only really interested in playing 3DS and E-Store games! Im not sure what i would need to use home-brew for with ninjhax.

Hopefully when you say though that i need an OLD EXPLOITABLE 3DS, you just mean any 3DS that has firmware under 9.2? Is that right? I bought a NEW 3DS XL with firmware 9.0 on it for the Gateway. It should be arriving today!

No I don't mean the new 3ds xl with fw 9.0 you will be getting today. In addition to that you need another 3ds that is already exploited so that you can use gateway to put a gateway generated save file on the cartridge of the oot. ONLY THEN you can use the oot cartridge to exploit your new 3ds which you are receiving today. You might be in trouble if you don't have some way of getting the gateway save onto the oot cartridge.

Killer_Nads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No I don't mean the new 3ds xl with fw 9.0 you will be getting today. In addition to that you need another 3ds that is already exploited so that you can use gateway to put a gateway generated save file on the cartridge of the oot. ONLY THEN you can use the oot cartridge to exploit your new 3ds which you are receiving today. You might be in trouble if you don't have some way of getting the gateway save onto the oot cartridge.

oh damn, i didn't know about that :( i don't have access to a second one that is exploitable, as it is on 9.7 firmware. Does that mean i should just get CN to avoid this step?

10hoch15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Version Number (up to the first 4 digits):QEH1001
Region: EUR
Firmware:9.0
System Color (checking a hunch):Metallic Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer