Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you can have it confirmed that it's on 9.2 or less and really want an N3DS, I'd say go for it. 9.2 and less N3DSs are becoming more and more scarce, and we may never have another exploitable firmware version; better to get one sooner than later!

Bought it. Cheapest one I could get online was 225$ anyway,without knowing the firmware... In the stores here the cheapest is 420$ ! lol so I think it was okay

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
Version Number (up to the first 4 digits): QEH1028
Region: EU/PAL
Firmware: 9.4
System Color (checking a hunch): Metallic Blue

Really wanted 9.2 :(

D

Deleted-355425

Version Number (up to the first 4 digits): QEH1028
Region: EU/PAL
Firmware: 9.4
System Color (checking a hunch): Metallic Blue

Really wanted 9.2 :(

Return it and get one from somewhere else.

D

Deleted-355425

You have a decent chance, tell em it randomly switches off, faulty.

Then buy one from another store. At least you have tried then.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
You have a decent chance, tell em it randomly switches off, faulty.

Then buy one from another store. At least you have tried then.

True. I'm just going to see what the store says about taking it back as we have good customer regulations in the uk. Know anywhere I could get a low version?

D

Deleted-355425

True. I'm just going to see what the store says about taking it back as we have good customer regulations in the uk. Know anywhere I could get a low version?

If I had to try a website I'd try Costco's I bought a vita from there last year and it came on the first firmware release lol.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can't be bothered to scroll up to see if you're buying online or in-store D=

If you bought in-store, the boxes aren't sealed by Nintendo with a sticker. So you're pretty much free to open it up & check the firmware, if it's not the one you desire, just format and return. If asked why you're returning, all you need to tell them is it's not the 3ds you wanted.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't be bothered to scroll up to see if you're buying online or in-store D=

If you bought in-store, the boxes aren't sealed by Nintendo with a sticker. So you're pretty much free to open it up & check the firmware, if it's not the one you desire, just format and return. If asked why you're returning, all you need to tell them is it's not the 3ds you wanted.

Bought from Amazon, no seal on it. Buying in stores is almost £40 more :(

If I had to try a website I'd try Costco's I bought a vita from there last year and it came on the first firmware release lol.

Pretty expensive on there because it comes with loads of stuff I don't want :P

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought from Amazon, no seal on it. Buying in stores is almost £40 more :(

Pretty expensive on there because it comes with loads of stuff I don't want :P

Oh wow, that's crazy. Well if you're going to return or resell what you got and continue to look for a 9.2 / 9.0. Easiest way would be to hit up Ebay. If you're lucky you can get a confirmed 9.0-9.2 N3ds for retail (usually by sending the seller a PM asking about the firmware version if it's not specified & by checking the serial when it's shown).

I grew tired of hitting up different stores only to have the N3ds on 9.4 or serials unconfirmed, so I bought mine off Ebay.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wow, that's crazy. Well if you're going to return or resell what you got and continue to look for a 9.2 / 9.0. Easiest way would be to hit up Ebay. If you're lucky you can get a confirmed 9.0-9.2 N3ds for retail (usually by sending the seller a PM asking about the firmware version if it's not specified & by checking the serial when it's shown).

I grew tired of hitting up different stores only to have the N3ds on 9.4 or serials unconfirmed, so I bought mine off Ebay.

Yeah, I'm going to try eBay. A few big stores in the uk have eBay outlets, so I may be able to get them to check serials etc. Not sure if it's worth trying the smaller 3ds or not, though I quite like the big screens.

Edit: Just been speaking to place online and they are going to check out the serial numbers for the 3ds xl in the warehouse for me! Fingers crossed.

Edit 2: They have QEH1014 which would have 9.0 Score!

Last edited by mrbits,

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I'm going to try eBay. A few big stores in the uk have eBay outlets, so I may be able to get them to check serials etc. Not sure if it's worth trying the smaller 3ds or not, though I quite like the big screens.

Edit: Just been speaking to place online and they are going to check out the serial numbers for the 3ds xl in the warehouse for me! Fingers crossed.

Edit 2: They have QEH1014 which would have 9.0 Score!
Which store is it? can you pm me the link?

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Version Number: YEF1006
Region: PAL
Firmware: 9.0.0-20E
System Color (checking a hunch): White

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys probably this out of this post topic,but anyone from US knows what the refurbished 3DS XLs from Nintendo store FW is?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys probably this out of this post topic,but anyone from US knows what the refurbished 3DS XLs from Nintendo store FW is?
When they refurbish them I'm fairly certain they also update them to the latest firmware. If you're looking for a normal 3DS XL (not an N3DS), any one that's unopened will be 9.2 or lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4